(6-17) Great Merchants Make Their Money On Gross Gold Per Turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
CurrentProposedRationale
Great Merchant's Instant Gold from Trade/Diplomatic MissionsGreat Merchants generate 5 Turns worth of their Origin Civilization's Net Gold Per Turn + Instant Gold within that interval. Each Town adds +25% of this amount of Gold generated.Great Merchants generate 3 Turns worth of their Origin Civilization's Gross Gold Per Turn + Instant Gold within that interval. Each Town adds +25% of this amount of Gold generated.Great Merchants will always make money with this proposal. There can be an awkward interaction where you can be in debt and your instant gold won't make up for it! This means you will spawn a Great Merchant that can't trade! This will help poorer nations who might be suffering from a losing war. Let a Great Merchant help solve their economic crisis. Also means your Great Merchant isn't seriously hampered by a spy siphoning some gold as they were made.

And historically some nations pretty much operated on debt and their Great Merchant made great riches off that.
Great Merchant's WLTKD from Trade/Diplomatic MissionsGreat Merchant grants 5 Turns of WLTKD in every City. Each Town adds +25% of this (so 1.25 but we use integers so it's rounded down until it can be a solid number)Unchanged-

Complex Proposal: DLL + Database Changes

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, does game speed scaling get truncated for each number, or only on the last number?

For instance, 5 turns of WLTKD, +34%: on epic does it become:
  1. 5 = 7.5 * 1.34 = 10.05 = 10 turns
  2. 5 = floor(7.5) = 7 * 1.34 = 9.38 = 9 turns

game speed scaling get truncated for each number
Code:
   if (iGold == 0)
        return 0;

// scale gold with the number of towns.
    if (MOD_BALANCE_CORE_NEW_GP_ATTRIBUTES)
        iGold = GetScaleAmount(iGold);

// scale with game speed
    iGold = iGold * GC.getGame().getGameSpeedInfo().getUnitTradePercent() / 100;
    // scale player policies
    iGold = iGold * (100 + GET_PLAYER(getOwner()).GetPlayerPolicies()->GetNumericModifier(POLICYMOD_TRADE_MISSION_GOLD_MODIFIER)) / 100;
    // scale with extra unit promotion etc.
    iGold = iGold * (100 + GetTradeMissionGoldModifier()) / 100;

return MAX(0, iGold);
5 Turns of WLTKD, +34% on Epic:
5 * 1.34 = 6.7 => 6 (Custom House First)
6 * 1.5 = 9 => 9 (Game Speed)
-- yadda

Great Merchants grants 5 Turns of WLTKD in every City. Each Customs House adds +34% of this (so 1.7 but we use integers so it's rounded down until it can be a solid number)
Customs House? Not Town?

Also, how does +34% get converted to 1.7?

Customs House? Not Town?

Also, how does +34% get converted to 1.7?
Ah yes I forgot the VP name for Customs House was Town.

from the base value of 5 * +34% no?

The full gold number is being scaled, not the number of turns. There's no reason to increase the scaling (it's already the highest of all GPs).

Also it's supposed to be 30% of the last 10 turns of gold anyway.

The full gold number is being scaled, not the number of turns. There's no reason to increase the scaling (it's already the highest of all GPs).
seems good to me then, amended

It should be investigated how strong this would actually be. Gross gold income is often much higher than net gold, I'm afraid we run into something similar as the tribute overtuning with this. In particular it could be much too strong for wide.

It should be investigated how strong this would actually be. Gross gold income is often much higher than net gold, I'm afraid we run into something similar as the tribute overtuning with this. In particular it could be much too strong for wide.
I noticed that some warmonger AI had a massive influx of gold when they used their Great Merchant, but I wonder if that is the result of their absorbed Towns and its bonuses on it.

If it's too strong (I think it is) we can nerf it to 20% gross gold from the last 10 turns + 20% per Town.

I noticed that some warmonger AI had a massive influx of gold when they used their Great Merchant, but I wonder if that is the result of their absorbed Towns and its bonuses on it.
Since it takes into account instant gold, could it be gold from recent conquest ?

You only get GPTI bonuses if you build them. They don't work if you only captured them.

You only get GPTI bonuses if you build them. They don't work if you only captured them.
What? What bonuses are you talking about? This is something new to me.

What? What bonuses are you talking about? This is something new to me.
I think @Rekk is speaking about the +20% per town (I believe), like most other GPTI work (you get bonuses based on number of GPTI you planted).

The more academy, great works of writing/literature/music, towns, manufactures etc. you plant, the stronger the respective GP bulbs are.

Since it takes into account instant gold, could it be gold from recent conquest ?
I have not found code to suggest gold from recent conquest contributes as an instant gold. TBD.

Maybe.

I sponsor this.

I would prefer to sponsor this, and it would take a proposal off your stack. I'm also extremely familiar with this code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom