6otM 122 AAR

DV T342, restarted, mutation strength 84

I usually just play these games and don't comment, but this time I was just so impressed and stressed :crazyeye: Thanks for creating such a fun experience!

It took me a while to understand what (not) to do with zombies and the first run ended about turn 30. After restart, I went more defensive and survived. Took me a while to deal with Vietnam, by that time on my continent Persia was overrun and Scythia barely surviving. I spent tons of time trying to get to Persia by land, but finally snatched it with a caravel. On the way back my caravel also took care of the now-zombieland Scythia. I've also taken Addis Ababa and Canberra from sea easily as they were on water or very close to.

The problematic ones were France and Bolivia. I was in bombers, destroyers, and tanks, all armies, but couldn't make a dent in the carpet of barbarians surrounding the capitals. I was heading towards nukes (part of my brain was asking if I do want radioactive zombies though), but meanwhile plopped two cities on the French coast (one to get access to the inner lake), then sneaked a tank army to get Paris with the support of 4 bombers, 3 destroyers, and a couple of workers and missionaries for protecting flanks. I don't know if it would work without this convenient lake close to Paris.

My nukes were getting ready to take Bolivia, but in the end, I managed without. Again with the coastal city and with an apostle turning barbarians. Here's a picture of that final turn

Spoiler final turn :

I was so stressed with the zombies that I'm afraid I neglected my science, religion etc. If not for philip's trade routes, I think I would have been bankrupt with no AIs to sell luxuries to.

I gave up several times when I thought I'm behind the zombies yet again. But I always got back to playing, as this suffering was weirdly fascinating!

Last edited:
I neglected my science,
Science is the one thing you cannot let slip in such a game, a powerful shooting unit means all your cities survive more.
For the carpets, use a bomber to remove a zombie and put a builder there, build a path in and then send in a high-speed unit to take the 0 strength city.

Science is the one thing you cannot let slip in such a game, a powerful shooting unit means all your cities survive more.
For the carpets, use a bomber to remove a zombie and put a builder there, build a path in and then send in a high-speed unit to take the 0 strength city.

True that. Well, I had several good campuses, but I should have taken Jesuit education probably to spend my faith somewhere. My brain was just too scattered because of randomly appearing zombies :sad: My ranged armies were OK I think: all had two shots so could get rid of any zombie in one turn, which was important for protecting trade routes.

Bombers + builders + a tank is exactly how I took Paris in the end, it just took me a while to figure out this strat, I'm a first time zombie player :)

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom