6otM 26 After Actions Report

Culture Victory Turn 360, score 539

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
Settle 6 Capture 2

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
Basic coverage till mid-game beeline for Radio, Satellite broadcasts, heritage tourism, online communities.

- Did you bother with Religion?
No

- Did you bother with Science?
Yes, need science to have reasonable military.

- How did you pump your Tourism?
Art museums, film studios, great artists, great musicians, a couple of seaside resorts, a national park, Satellite broadcasts, heritage tourism, online communities. Set spies to steal great works, from France in particular, quite successfully too. Last couple of turns I traded for a couple too, not because it would make very much difference, it just tickled me that they were not only speeding their demise, but 30 gold per turn is a lot less than what they expected when they only get it for a few turns. (Assumed trading was Ok, post patch).

- Did you instigate any major wars?
Took out Gandhi, then no more war.

- Were City-States helpful?
Toronto, Hong Kong and Brussels for production bonuses, Geneva for Science, Kumasi culture, and Lisbon cash.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
I am constantly surprised at how many times I take “Hildegard of Bingen”, when I don’t have a Holy Site. Used him as a scout for a while. Also took a second GS that I didn’t use, but that was planned, Stephanie Kwolek, 100% Space race, even spent some faith to get him so that Germany would not.

- Did you enjoy the game?
Always

Spoiler Really Harald? :

Attachments

• Ferenginar CV 360 1939 AD.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Culture victory T259 1740 AD
Score 488

Rushed some warriors and captured India early BC. After that pretty much cakewalk.
Settled my continent.
Settled one city in jungle below Washinton above Geneva. Built Chichén Itzá.
Settled one city southwest in the desert hills.
Got into war with Russia and France later on around 1600AD. Nothing much happend really.

Attachments

• TEDDY ROOSEVELT 259 1740 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 195
No submission this month, but wanted to say thanks for continuing to set this up. While I did play 6OTM 26, it was effectively a replay as I helped my son play it first, so had full knowledge of the map before I started. I'll take some time later to post the game in case anyone is interested in the strategy I used.

One thing I do find interesting is how the AI can react differently to each other before they even meet us. I reached Germany BEFORE my son - he cleared all but one of their cities fast as they had few units and no walls, but for me they were already fully walled up with about double the units he saw already roaming around - I waited for Knights to start my sweeps.

Have to pass on this one also as I cannot open the save on my Mac, same problem with GOM 26

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

A little late, but a T256 victory.

After wiping out India, settled the whole continent, went peaceful and into the building mode. This meant not a beeline in the civic tree, were I got distracted a lot.

Got a religion with the holy site in Delhi - no one really bothered with religion in the game early. Stone circles and buying cultural buildings - I did buy almost all of them with faith.

Peter was quite heavy on the writers and artists, had to buy a few of them or get in a peace deal.

Everybody liked me, until I got a double DoW from France and Germany and a few turns later from Russia and Scythia. I really do not understand why. But a few frigates and caravels did the trick and I got a few books and arts in the peace deals. And got Aached, Lyon and Paris - with cultural districts. Trajan was my true friend until he started to hate me for my warmongering too. Finished the game with over 1000 tourism per turn with all the film studios, artefacts, seaside resorts (Eifell tower).

I enjoyed the game very much.

Attachments

• TEDDY ROOSEVELT 256 1725 AD WIN.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 180
T137 Culture Victory :king:

How many cities did you settle or capture?
1 Washington (in place)
23 New York (on the hill facing Delhi)
27 Baltimore (on the Coffee for fast cash)
33 New Orleans (near the Horses, this was a captured Settler from India)
36 Delhi (captured, India defeated)
47 Charleston (on the coast at the two Whales)
59 Philadelphia (Toronto / Hong Kong continent on the Sugar)
64 Cincinnati (center of the Cocoa, we bought the third one)
65 Buffalo (ne of Delhi for more culture tiles from Piopiotahi)
136 San Francisco (coast east of Tsingy de Bemaraha, for a national park)

What did you prioritize for research and policies?

Research: 10 Pottery 16 Irrigation 25 Sailing 29 Writing 37 Currency 42 Animal Husbandry 47 Shipbuilding 49 Mining 56 Bronze Working 57 Masonry 58 Archery 61 Horseback Riding 63 Wheel 68 Iron Working 68 Construction 72 Engineering 73 Astrology 75 Celestial Navigation 80 Machinery 93 Printing 96 Apprenticeship 98 Mathematics 101 Castles 104 Stirrups 109 Carthography 117 Square Rigging 124 Military Engineering 128 Military Tactics 130 Education 131 Banking 134 Mass Production 137 Astronomy
Civics: 11 Code of Laws 25 Foreign Trade 32 Craftsmanship 33 Early Empire 42 State Workforce 46 Political Philosophy 55 Drama and Poetry 56 Mysticism 58 Military Tradition 64 Theology 68 Games and Recreation 74 Defensive Tactics 77 Feudalism 80 Military Training 84 Mercenaries 88 Medieval Faires 94 Exploration 96 Recorded History 97 Naval Tradition 98 Civil Service 100 Guilds 102 Humanism 105 Mercantilism 110 Colonialism 113 Natural History 119 Conservation 127 Cultural Heritage 129 Diplomatic Service 130 The Enlightenment 131 Opera and Ballet 134 Nationalism 135 Scorched Earth 137 Civil Engineering

Did you bother with Religion?
Only took a Pantheon (36 Divine Spark), but accumulated enough faith to snatch the first Great Writer before Russia could and later to create one National Park (136).

Did you bother with Science?
Not a priority as we really only needed Printing. Turned out you need two Campuses before you can build the Great Library. We got most eureka's though so we were still ahead of all the AI.
Campus: 91 New York, 101 Washington 102 Philadelphia
Library: 94 New York 131 Washington 136 Philadelphia
University: 136 Philadelphia

How did you pump your Tourism?
Mostly Great Writers, followed by Archaeologists, Great Artists and one National Park. But we also used the Limes policy to build Ancient Walls and Medieval Walls in nine cities for a total of 27 base points. Victory came a lot earlier than expected though, while some of our Archaeologists were still out hunting and with room for some additional Writer's Great Works. For the artists we had two Art Museums and one Bank (from a Great Merchant). We also found a relic in a ruins.
Great Writers: 75, 93, 100, 101, 112, 119, 126, 133
Great Artists: 116, 127, 135
Archaeologists: 113, 119, 119, 123,129, 130
National Parks: 136 :love:

Did you instigate any major wars?
No. Germany (+10) and Scythia (+8) declared on us though for no reason. Nothing happened and they went back to friendly after 10 turns, but it slowed us down a bit (no open borders or trade routes).

Were City-States helpful?
Yes, they brought us a lot of gold, as well as luxuries, faith and culture. We took all the envoys we could get and ended up suzerain of all cities except the scientific ones.
6 Envoys: 97 Bandar Brunei 111 Lisbon 113 Vilnius 125 Jerusalem 127 Kumasi 127 La Venta 131 Amsterdam
3 Envoys: 82 Toronto 91 Geneva 135 Hong Kong
1 Envoy: 135 Seoul

Governments
11 Chiefdom
46 Classical Republic
94 Merchant Republic

Wonders
110 GREAT LIBRARY (New York) :)

Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
India starting so close. We eliminated them before meeting the others.

Did you enjoy the game?
I liked the map. This was the first time I completed a game of Civ6.

Sorry, where i have too copy the save file? i have Civ on steam and i can found where to copy....i go to steamapps, civ 6 but can't find save files. Thank you so much

Whatever drive your my documents folder is on, most common:
C:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single

Best of luck.

Culture Victory Turn 177
Score 290

I did not settle any additional cities after T100. So i had 7 total, but should have had at least 9 to speed up victory.

On the civics side, after Drama and Poetry, i went straight for Humanism and then Natural History for the archaeologists. After that i (wrongly) went for the Christo Redentor civic, but instead i should have gone directly to Cultural Heritage for the 100% tourism from artifacts and art policy card.

I also had all these Great Artists sitting around and the money and space to buy an Art Museum, which i eventually did do, but probably at least 20 turns later than i should have.

The tourism boost from trade routes helps a lot, and though i did eventually have 4 commercial hubs and 5 trade routes, those also coulda/shoulda been built sooner.

With the science, the goal with Radio is for the seaside resorts, but at least on King level or below, victory comes sooner than seaside resorts, so science seems like a waste.

I am happy with my game, other than the ancient war with India it was entirely peaceful, it is just that now it is done and over with i feel like 20-30 turns could have been shaved off had i made fewer mistakes.

Hi i finish in turn 260...but the difference is that i have to do 263 tourist because of Peter, you have 53......

You have to beat domestic tourism. Those numbers tend to go up as the game continues; it was probably around 53 in your game as well on turn 177. Finishing on turn 137, I only needed 34.

T185 CV, Score 435

I never played a pure science CV before so that was fun.

Kept the same 11 cities as on Turn 100, plus one in the north to chop Eiffel, and one north of Geneva which ended up just chopping a campus and buildings. Christo was built in Boston with a mix of chops, mines and IZ. Besides the wonders, all I built were builders after I got Civil Engineering (around T130).

The AI were pretty slow at culture in this game except for France towards the end, so I think even on a more aggressive game, theaters could have been faster. I mean, it's really fun to go from 10 to 1000 tourism per turn with resorts + Cristo + Eiffel, but it might be might be overkill at a low difficulty level on that map (where the AI is notoriously bad at expanding, and Rome spawned in the tundra).

Of course it depends how early you meet the good CS (often I found them by becoming suzerain of another CS that explored them). Kumasi was really strong here, carried my culture generation until I switched trade routes to AI cities just before building resorts.

Spoiler :

In other news...
Spoiler :
Aren't we glad they have their own layer now.

Hi, i play this map 2 times and the better result is CV turn 221. Aniway, how did you do to have 1.000 tourism and 400 science on turn 180? for me is unbeliveble

Top Bottom