1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM 26 After Actions Report

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Nov 2, 2017.

1. ferenginar

ferenginar Grand Nagus

Culture Victory Turn 360, score 539

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
    Settle 6 Capture 2

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    Basic coverage till mid-game beeline for Radio, Satellite broadcasts, heritage tourism, online communities.

- Did you bother with Religion?
    No

- Did you bother with Science?
    Yes, need science to have reasonable military.

- How did you pump your Tourism?
    Art museums, film studios, great artists, great musicians, a couple of seaside resorts, a national park, Satellite broadcasts, heritage tourism, online communities. Set spies to steal great works, from France in particular, quite successfully too. Last couple of turns I traded for a couple too, not because it would make very much difference, it just tickled me that they were not only speeding their demise, but 30 gold per turn is a lot less than what they expected when they only get it for a few turns. (Assumed trading was Ok, post patch).

- Did you instigate any major wars?
    Took out Gandhi, then no more war.

- Were City-States helpful?
    Toronto, Hong Kong and Brussels for production bonuses, Geneva for Science, Kumasi culture, and Lisbon cash.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
    I am constantly surprised at how many times I take “Hildegard of Bingen”, when I don’t have a Holy Site. Used him as a scout for a while. Also took a second GS that I didn’t use, but that was planned, Stephanie Kwolek, 100% Space race, even spent some faith to get him so that Germany would not.

- Did you enjoy the game?
    Always

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. Rygaros

Rygaros Chieftain

Culture victory T259 1740 AD
    Score 488

Rushed some warriors and captured India early BC. After that pretty much cakewalk.
    Settled my continent.
    Settled one city in jungle below Washinton above Geneva. Built Chichén Itzá.
    Settled one city southwest in the desert hills.
    Got into war with Russia and France later on around 1600AD. Nothing much happend really.

Attached Files:

3. Eyswein

Eyswein Chieftain

No submission this month, but wanted to say thanks for continuing to set this up. While I did play 6OTM 26, it was effectively a replay as I helped my son play it first, so had full knowledge of the map before I started. I'll take some time later to post the game in case anyone is interested in the strategy I used.

One thing I do find interesting is how the AI can react differently to each other before they even meet us. I reached Germany BEFORE my son - he cleared all but one of their cities fast as they had few units and no walls, but for me they were already fully walled up with about double the units he saw already roaming around - I waited for Knights to start my sweeps.

4. tarafran

tarafran Chieftain

Have to pass on this one also as I cannot open the save on my Mac, same problem with GOM 26

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

6. Khalid

Khalid Chieftain

A little late, but a T256 victory.

After wiping out India, settled the whole continent, went peaceful and into the building mode. This meant not a beeline in the civic tree, were I got distracted a lot.

Got a religion with the holy site in Delhi - no one really bothered with religion in the game early. Stone circles and buying cultural buildings - I did buy almost all of them with faith.

Peter was quite heavy on the writers and artists, had to buy a few of them or get in a peace deal.

Everybody liked me, until I got a double DoW from France and Germany and a few turns later from Russia and Scythia. I really do not understand why. But a few frigates and caravels did the trick and I got a few books and arts in the peace deals. And got Aached, Lyon and Paris - with cultural districts. Trajan was my true friend until he started to hate me for my warmongering too. Finished the game with over 1000 tourism per turn with all the film studios, artefacts, seaside resorts (Eifell tower).

I enjoyed the game very much.

Attached Files:

7. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

T137 Culture Victory :king:

How many cities did you settle or capture?
    1 Washington (in place)
    23 New York (on the hill facing Delhi)
    27 Baltimore (on the Coffee for fast cash)
    33 New Orleans (near the Horses, this was a captured Settler from India)
    36 Delhi (captured, India defeated)
    47 Charleston (on the coast at the two Whales)
    59 Philadelphia (Toronto / Hong Kong continent on the Sugar)
    64 Cincinnati (center of the Cocoa, we bought the third one)
    65 Buffalo (ne of Delhi for more culture tiles from Piopiotahi)
    136 San Francisco (coast east of Tsingy de Bemaraha, for a national park)

What did you prioritize for research and policies?

Research: 10 Pottery 16 Irrigation 25 Sailing 29 Writing 37 Currency 42 Animal Husbandry 47 Shipbuilding 49 Mining 56 Bronze Working 57 Masonry 58 Archery 61 Horseback Riding 63 Wheel 68 Iron Working 68 Construction 72 Engineering 73 Astrology 75 Celestial Navigation 80 Machinery 93 Printing 96 Apprenticeship 98 Mathematics 101 Castles 104 Stirrups 109 Carthography 117 Square Rigging 124 Military Engineering 128 Military Tactics 130 Education 131 Banking 134 Mass Production 137 Astronomy
    Civics: 11 Code of Laws 25 Foreign Trade 32 Craftsmanship 33 Early Empire 42 State Workforce 46 Political Philosophy 55 Drama and Poetry 56 Mysticism 58 Military Tradition 64 Theology 68 Games and Recreation 74 Defensive Tactics 77 Feudalism 80 Military Training 84 Mercenaries 88 Medieval Faires 94 Exploration 96 Recorded History 97 Naval Tradition 98 Civil Service 100 Guilds 102 Humanism 105 Mercantilism 110 Colonialism 113 Natural History 119 Conservation 127 Cultural Heritage 129 Diplomatic Service 130 The Enlightenment 131 Opera and Ballet 134 Nationalism 135 Scorched Earth 137 Civil Engineering

Did you bother with Religion?
    Only took a Pantheon (36 Divine Spark), but accumulated enough faith to snatch the first Great Writer before Russia could and later to create one National Park (136).

Did you bother with Science?
    Not a priority as we really only needed Printing. Turned out you need two Campuses before you can build the Great Library. We got most eureka's though so we were still ahead of all the AI.
    Campus: 91 New York, 101 Washington 102 Philadelphia
    Library: 94 New York 131 Washington 136 Philadelphia
    University: 136 Philadelphia

How did you pump your Tourism?
    Mostly Great Writers, followed by Archaeologists, Great Artists and one National Park. But we also used the Limes policy to build Ancient Walls and Medieval Walls in nine cities for a total of 27 base points. Victory came a lot earlier than expected though, while some of our Archaeologists were still out hunting and with room for some additional Writer's Great Works. For the artists we had two Art Museums and one Bank (from a Great Merchant). We also found a relic in a ruins.
    Great Writers: 75, 93, 100, 101, 112, 119, 126, 133
    Great Artists: 116, 127, 135
    Archaeologists: 113, 119, 119, 123,129, 130
    National Parks: 136 :love:

Did you instigate any major wars?
    No. Germany (+10) and Scythia (+8) declared on us though for no reason. Nothing happened and they went back to friendly after 10 turns, but it slowed us down a bit (no open borders or trade routes).

Were City-States helpful?
    Yes, they brought us a lot of gold, as well as luxuries, faith and culture. We took all the envoys we could get and ended up suzerain of all cities except the scientific ones.
    6 Envoys: 97 Bandar Brunei 111 Lisbon 113 Vilnius 125 Jerusalem 127 Kumasi 127 La Venta 131 Amsterdam
    3 Envoys: 82 Toronto 91 Geneva 135 Hong Kong
    1 Envoy: 135 Seoul

Governments
    11 Chiefdom
    46 Classical Republic
    94 Merchant Republic

Wonders
    110 GREAT LIBRARY (New York) :)

Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
    India starting so close. We eliminated them before meeting the others.

Did you enjoy the game?
    I liked the map. This was the first time I completed a game of Civ6.

8. Juan Sebastied

Juan Sebastied Chieftain

Sorry, where i have too copy the save file? i have Civ on steam and i can found where to copy....i go to steamapps, civ 6 but can't find save files. Thank you so much

9. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Whatever drive your my documents folder is on, most common:
    C:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single

Best of luck.

Juan Sebastied likes this.
  10. Juan Sebastied

Juan Sebastied Chieftain

Hi i finish in turn 260...but the difference is that i have to do 263 tourist because of Peter, you have 53......

11. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

You have to beat domestic tourism. Those numbers tend to go up as the game continues; it was probably around 53 in your game as well on turn 177. Finishing on turn 137, I only needed 34.

12. Juan Sebastied

Juan Sebastied Chieftain

i retry the map, this time turn 221 tourism 84

13. Juan Sebastied

Juan Sebastied Chieftain

Hi, i play this map 2 times and the better result is CV turn 221. Aniway, how did you do to have 1.000 tourism and 400 science on turn 180? for me is unbeliveble