6otM143 AAR

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM143 After Actions Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attach your victory save to your post.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities?

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
- How did the game modes affect or impact your play?
- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
- Did you enjoy your game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

CV, turn 242/243 (listed as 241 in HoF for some reason)

This was an interesting and tough game; I'll really be interested to see how others approach it.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
Looking at the very poor terrain, with very little production, I felt that trying for a Great Works strategy would be very difficult on Deity, where the AI has a massive production advantage in addition to its head start. There was no certainty of city states for tourism-generating improvements (like Rapa Nui or Caguana) so I couldn't count on that. I always go for a religion and high faith anyway for culture games, so decided to take a Reliquaries-based approach and rely on the monopoly boost. When the M+C mode is in place the game becomes a hybrid culture/domination game anyway.

Key points along the way:
1. Hard building Mausoleum relatively quickly
2. Accumulating enough faith to pure faith-buy a Wonder Engineer (the one that gives 315 hammers per charge). With Mausoleum he had three charges, enough to insta-build Mont St Michel and Mahabodhi Temple. The timing was almost perfect.
3. Almost pure-faith buying Shah Jahan, who then insta-built Cristo Redemptor and St-Basil's cathedral with his two charges.
4. Early on I built 3 galleys and attacked Egypt, right as the Classical was starting. They went into a Golden Age and I couldn't hold the city, so razed their second settle. This bloody nose really took the air out of the civ's development- Cleo had few cities and didn't even occupy the whole of her side of the continent; Maori came in with a very large city which I was able to conquer by levying Cardiff. This proved enormously helpful in getting monopolies on all 4 luxuries later.
5. Maintaining suzerainty of Kumasi and Chinguetti at all costs throughout the game to keep culture and faith at a high level since I had so many RNDs and trade routes.

scout, settler, then holy site. Only had to use one prayer to get the third religion.

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
Astrology first (did not get a boost from Giant's Causeway- my scout missed it), then Sailing, then Celestial Navigation, then Shipbuilding. Unusual tech order for me.

- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
The discount on Royal Navy Dockyards was great; melee units helped too, also made good use of a Sea Dog (for coastal raiding) and Redcoats much later.

- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
Settled about a dozen, including one on all the other continents. Made that a priority as I wanted to be able to trade with other civs. As it turned out that didn't happen too much, as I got Emergencied twice by four civs both times.

- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
Holy sites and RNDs everywhere. Later did start to augment tourism with Theater Squares. Only built 1 or 2 campuses, although I did capture a couple. Was behind in science the whole game.

Divine Spark, purely for the extra GPP for a holy site. On water maps the AIs seem to be much slower for some reason- I could probably have gotten the first religion and Choral Music if I had been going for a Great Works strategy, but ended up taking the third with only a single prayer project. Chose Reliquaries, and Cross-cultural Dialogue to shore up my science, since I figured I would get enough gold anyway with RNDs.

Autocracy to Monarchy to Theocracy. Don't think I made it to the next level (was close) and didn't need it anyway.

Pingala promoted to Curator; Moksha promoted to Divine Architect (used him a lot this game), Amani.

Friendly with Nubia and Canada for most of the game, but had quite a bit of warring with both Egypt and Gandhi, who was the leading culture defender. Had to declare on him at game end to blunt his culture growth (it worked), although the ensuing Emergency plunged me back into a very wide war after I had just emerged from one. The game ended with ongoing war against as many as five civs at once, although I managed to peace out a couple literally on the last turn....

Normal Classical, then all Golden. I made making Golden Age a priority; reached the required threshold almost exactly every time, never exceeded it by more than 1 or 2 Era Score.

Declared war on Egypt a second time specifically because I wanted to get the fur monopoly and she was blocking that. The disasters were horrendous, especially towards the end of the game. They kept wiping out improvements and negating the monopolies, so I had to always try to keep builders on hand to repair at a moment's notice. I was in Golden Monumentality for 2 full Eras, then had plenty of gold to buy outright, so in practice this didn't end up being a huge problem, but it did slow me down somewhat.

Being able to get all the critical wonders (Mausoleum, then Mahabodhi, then Mont St Michel, then Cristo Redemptor) with faith-bought Great Engineers was perfect. High faith output is just so valuable. Only got to Rock Bands a few turns before winning- never had to build one at all.

Yes, this one was challenging and quite interesting.

Also, this is the 6th week in a row for a first-time Civ victory for me thanks to GOTM! Had played Victoria before but only when I first got the vanilla game, and even then never finished the game (she had the Royal Museum back then). Happy to recommend a Civ for the next game to keep my streak going if you like!

Also also, for some reason the "Just One More Turn..." save somehow doesn't show me having enough tourists to win the CV; the turnover must have raised the apparent level after the Victory was recorded. So I'm attaching a screenshot of the HoF to show the stamp of the CV as well. (HoF also recorded the win twice for some reason- not sure why).

Thanks for another great game!

Attachments

• GOTM 142 Cul Vic VICTORIA 243 .Civ6Save
    3 MB · Views: 26
  • GOTM CV 241 HoF pic.png
    GOTM CV 241 HoF pic.png
    287.5 KB · Views: 102
Turn 217 Score 1112 Culture Victory

Peaceful game. Flipped some cities. Got distracted.

Attachments

• 6otM143 Culture Vic T217 S1112.Civ6Save
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
Console player here, participating only in spirit, so I'll keep it short. 313 Diplo victory. I had a really tough time with this one. My trade was good, but I had terrible production. I couldn't get most of the wonders I desired. No oil. Things were actually looking better for me once the meteors started falling, but still a culture victory was nowhere in sight. Challenging but fun, as always!

Culture victory turn 209

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points? I was not sure on playing this game based on the starting location, the lack of direct neighbors, and such. But I managed to build a couple of early wonders and the AI was not particularly rushing culture so I just went for it.

- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities? I tried to build some early wonders. Got Great Bath, Artemis, and just missed Oracle by 1 turn. I build some settlers but not too many as I didn't see a lot of promizing land to settle on. I also built galleys and royal navy dockyards quite early to meet some other civs.

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics? I prioritized galleys, harbours, and the tech for Kilwa after that. For civics I didn't have too much plan early game and late game I targeted the ones giving tourism bonus.

- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all? I don't think there was a lot of impact. I got a lot of boats that were not that useful after a while. The extra trade route was nice for tourism purpose.

- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities? I think I settled around 10, including 4 on other continents.

- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting? My early wonders helped me have a good tourism start and good adjacencies for theater squares later on. I was making a lot of money thanks to trade routes and trade so I could purchase a lot of 2nd and 3rd tier buildings for the theater square.

- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why? I didn't go to a religion but got religious settlements (for unknown reason as I was only making 2 faith for turn). That was a huge help for the beginning of the game.

- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why? Classical republic - merchant republic - democracy

- Which Governors were most important; when and why? Pingala for culture / tourism ; amani for the envoys.

- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs? Yes very helpful, got a lot of money out of this and it obviously helped for the tourism. I had good relationship with all AI, not friends but I didn't warred nor got denounced.

- When did you have Dark/Golden ages? Honestly I played that last week and I don't remember! I think i started with normal and then got golden all along.

- How did the game modes affect or impact your play? The industry / corporations where quite useful for tiles and money - I was not impacted by any particular disaster.

- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it? Maybe the lack of city states with tile improvement is worth mentionning - that kinda reduced the options for culture!

- Did you enjoy your game? Yes, thanks!

Attachments

• Vicky Victory.jpg
    Vicky Victory.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 84
Culture Victory Turn 203

Well, this went really well. I decided to go for the Theather Square strategy while I was mostly really only catching up with the AI in terms of science. Used Amani and the City States for most of my scouting. This yielded lots of friendly barb camps and enough military deterrence for the whole game. Later the free unit kept me always unattackable. This also meant I could sell all my resources as much as I could. The hig income then let me buy most of the buildings necessary.
Chinguetti was key to keep my faith up and Anshan helped out with the Science for Writings scheme.
I kept 3-4 alliances to keep my Diplo Favour income high and traded that mostly to America for lots of gold.

My game crashed 3 times, T61, T83 and T182. Used the automatic save to reload.

Exciting game, thanks for it!!!

Attachments

• VICTORIA 203 1420 AD.Civ6Save
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
Oh, sweet honey!
T187 Culture (HoF says T186, score 891)

Brief summary:
Iโ€™d say the struggling part of this game was the early game, and once I handled that, everything went pretty smooth.

Problems with early:
  • Not so great starting location
  • Relatively low food prod
  • Semi-isolation
  • Vicky is just not an earlygame char IMO
I think all of the mentioned werenโ€™t terrible on themselves, but all of them combined lead to a slower than usual early game.

I countered the mediocre food with an aggressive going wide early strat, since all of the early cities had few good tiles but the first 2-3 was fairly good, so I think I started:

Scout-Settler-Slinger-Settler-Settler + bought first builder with gold.

I aimed for early-mid theater spam + finish with rock bands, which was able to hold as the the macro strat for the rest of the game. I got almost batied on horse rush, but luckily the only true neighbor, Egypt had even worse tiles, so gave up on that in time.

I kicked off my econ with an early harbor spam, royal navy dockyards are just yummy!!! Sadly the mediocre start denied my classical golden, because I missed civ meeting era scores, + couldnโ€™t sell my precious honey+horses to AI for a couple of turns for nice econ boost. So free inqury kicked in in medieval only. (went golden all of the later ages). From renaissance money went BRRR with reform the coinage.

My first two districts were usually Dockyard+Theatre in no particular order depending on situation and adjecencies. Then I usually went Holy Site third. I didnโ€™t really care about getting a religion, just wanted a faith push before hitting Cold War -> Rock Bands.

I had 3 industries and the honey monopoly was probably useful as well, but not super important. The apocalypse mode also didnโ€™t really matter: some volcano exploitation, some improvement destruction here and there.

I utilized Vicky mostly with the dockyards and continent settling, didnโ€™t care about the industry buff for this strat.

Late game I went super lucky with finding not one but TWO barbarian settlers near good stategic lategame settle spots, which I think helped me to get win like 3-4 turns earlier overall.

I also lost like 5-10 turns with Kupe settling my 8th initial city spot from the other side of the world, but whatever. City got later freed with loyalty then captured with galleys but stillโ€ฆ

Wonders: Mausoleum, Colossus, Lighthouse. Didnโ€™t really prioratized those either, just built when they were useful and didnโ€™t need to grab anything super important.

CS: Anshan was super useful, allowed me to care less about campuses. Others are meh, but all the trade buffs added up nicely.

I think this strat is decent for this map, I wouldnโ€™t change any macrowise stuff, but with better micro and luck 160 should be definitely doable. Maybe someone breaks the game with a bit different macro, and goes even faster, who knows.

Was a fun game, ty! :3

[edited for HoF finish time and score]

Attachments

• VickyWin.png
    VickyWin.png
    36 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220926210800_1.jpg
    20220926210800_1.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220926210453_1.jpg
    20220926210453_1.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 80
  • VICTORIA 188 1270 AD aw.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Cultural Victory: T273, Score 1373.

I was aiming for early Religion to boost my culture, hoping for gold age monumentality to power up in the middle ages. Lots of theatres for all the culture in middle game. Lots of Harbours for the bonus units and trade routes to give me culture from foreigners. Later I would aim to have a lot of rock bands to finish off.
For an abundant map it felt pretty poor starting off. There were a lot of bad weather events, 1/2 my early defensive army was wiped out from a snow storm while fighting barbarians! That was pretty scarey and suddenly Egypt was all dismissive of me for my feeble military.

Scout (who survived the whole game!), Warrior, Holy Site, Settler

Astrology, Sailing, then Horses and Iron.

Pretty good. It encouraged expension which worked well. I was building cities all the way to the end.

I settled 18 cities (only 1 from a barbarian scout) and captured 2 when they rebelled, one on the last turn of the game!

I went for a couple of early wonders and got them. The great baths in my 2nd city east of london which was fantastic, produced so much religion from boosted tiles.
Temple of Artemis in the centre of the continent from my 3rd city - a lot of bonus amenities keeping everyone happy. In fact keeping everyone happy was pretty easy for most of the game. Missed most of the early wonders. Got Kilwa, Christo, Terracotta (later on), maousoleum - for costal boosts, I don;t think I got any engineers :(

I got religious settlements for the extra settler. wow. I missed out on what I wanted - Choral Musti, so ended with work ethic. I didn't use enough - I should have built more holy sites. Tithe was useful, I got a lot of money, I fought pretty hard to keep my religion in all my cities.

Autocracy, then to monarchy for slots and then theocracy for the discount faith. Democracy for discount gold and slots.

I messed up my govenors, I got Liang to defend 1 city by the volcano far west - she was awesome. I should have used Magnus with provision much earlier, but I ended up getting victor for cultural defence which was a waste, I didn't need him in the end.

Well, yes, friends and allies everywhere. Except for Amintor who was a cultural monster, she was subjected to many many spies throughout the ages.

Normal, Golden, (Monumentality), Normal (missed golden by 1 - that hurt), then Golden all the way.

The occasional tornado or storm wrecking 12 tiles of improvements and killing a lot of pop hurt a lot. Liang stayed in a volcano city defending it for the whole game.

Yes. I'm rubbish at cultural games, so an immortal one was a real challenge. But the location really helped the initial development to get past the enemy rush. Egypt ran into a wall of barbarians, I ran into the other side of it, but then the first blizzard wiped everyone in that area.

Attachments

• VICTORIA 274 1806 AD.Civ6Save
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
CV 164

Spoiler t165 :

20221004003740_1.jpg

Very fun game! I absolutely took full advantage of Victoria abilities - scouting all the civs early on, and establishing as many stratigic/lux resources and trade routes to buff up my income on all continents.
100% monopoly over honey and 75% monopoly over citrus was the key, I would also get 75% monopoly on sugar, but Egypt settled a ridiculous city right as I was approaching with two settlers.
Other than that, barbarians spawned 4 trebuchets, 3 man at arms, 3 crossbows and a battering ram to take down one of my island cities. Fortunately, Sea Dogs are truly unmatched at killing land units.

Did not go for any kind of relligion, which was rough as Chinguetti only kicked off about 30 turns before winning, but when it did, oh boy did it buff my Faith output by 200 :)

Great save, great challenge.
Thanks for the game!

Attachments

• VICTORIA 165 1040 AD.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
CV 154

I had taken a long break from civ, never really played any of the FP expansions decided to give this one a go!
Given the poor start, but with an early religious CS, decided to go really tall in the capital and aim for a 10-12 initial city layout.
Finishing boat pantheon, rush 2 galleys (+1 purchased) to rush closest neighbor (Egypt). Could not declare with casus belli but found an opportunity when the cap had no guarding unit and took 2 cities before end of era.
Found Relic T40~ and decided it will be a reliquaries game, which I regretted.

Scout-Monument-(Builder from hut)-Settler-Galley's
Royal Dockyards are ridiculous. Kumasi+Chinguetti bonus and tried to explore the map as soon as possible.
I started to win cities at T115~ due to loyalty, and the Sea Dogs coastal raids really helped get some extra resources or clear camps. It's incredible, you can almost can wipe out Civs just with loyalty going wide with Victoria.
2 Captured via war, flipped 2 from Egypt, 2 or 3 from Canada, 2 from America.
Settled 12 initially, then another 3 to get extra Monopolies.
- What were key production/purchase focuses?
Royal Dockyard and Holy Sites.
Fishing boats to offset the poor start. Liang's fishery in key 3-4 cities to push pop quickly.
The usual reliquaries beliefs.
Taking early cities means you won't trade for 2 eras, but the royal dockyards offset any gold issues.
All golden.
Lost a few turns rebuilding holy sites / other district buildings. They always seem to hit at the worst time.
This was easily a sub-140 game for me, but I messed up in two major areas:
- Not knowing that tier 3 ring DOES NOT culture bomb with the congress resolution.
I would've had Furs Monopoly otherwise.
- Not building my 14/15th city fast enough for it to matter - it gave me Ivory monopoly - just forgot to allocate gold/production or even chops for that settler after going Theocracy.
Completely butchering the GE timings to get key wonders at key turns. (Cristo Redentor is 6 turns away from building on T155...)
And ultimately not so lucky with the 315 hammers GE coming super late in the tree, 12 apostles sitting idle for 10+ turns before nothing to kill.
I don't like reliquaries strategy for this reason, too much RNG/reliance on how well the AI will focus to counter the religious war.
- My initial impressions of the Corp/Monopolies mod
Monopolies is ridiculous. I had +420% tourism boost. For what? Settling a city and using a worker charge? It doesn't even require a Corp for the bonus to Tourism, just industries. I feel like the bonuses need to be nerfed slightly. I didn't even get a chance to build any products.
A great game of Civ nonetheless.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-06 014820.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 014820.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot 2022-10-06 014826.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 014826.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot 2022-10-06 014904.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 014904.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
Culture Victory: Turn 236, Score 1187

Hello everyone, this is might first ever GOTM! Just getting back into civ, played a bit when it came out but now giving it a spin with the expansions. I've done a full write up and log, summary only posted below.
Spoiler Final screen and graph of key productions :

What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
  • Faith/relic early game, transition into theatres. Get a good faith base for parks/rock bands later.
  • Astrology first, found a religion and get triple tourism from relics belief.
  • Coastal settles for dockyards based economy, earlyish seafaring to settle other continents.
  • Rock bands to close it out if we get that far.
  • Faux-pacifist (war is ok, but not looking to capture cities). This was a self-imposed restriction just to mix things up from recent games.

Key wonders were Mont St Michel for Martyr/relics, Cristo Redentor to reduce tourism penalty (and boost resorts). Though pre-game Bolshoi Theatre would be a good one to get, and I did, but in hindsight probably didnโ€™t add much. (See pre-game section in full write up for more detail)

Nothing changed this strategy, but I did waver on both relics and faux-pacifist at points when I was worried it wasnโ€™t going to come through.

What did I learn?
  • Industry is much more powerful (and has more mechanics) than I knew about. Should have been a more critical part of strategy.
  • With Reliquaries, a single relic gives 24 tourism, vs 18 for a themed art museum. Thatโ€™s a bigger difference than I thought, and probably could have leaned a bit more into relics than I did.
  • Still need to get better at planning/executing wars pre-bombers, particular when on even footing or slightly behind AI. Avoided it (deliberately) in this scenario, but even when I considered it mid-game didnโ€™t feel confident.
  • Given how quickly this game swung from โ€œI donโ€™t think Iโ€™m winningโ€ to โ€œIโ€™m crushing itโ€, suspect Iโ€™m over correcting early and potentially have more corners I could cut to get a faster victory. Donโ€™t have a specific thing here yet though.
  • Do I need more support for science? Ended up with 3 campuses with universities, was on par with lower AIs in per-turn output but behind in researched techs. Not really sure what having more here would have changed: maybe would have been more inclined to war/take cities?
  • I knew I made a lot of mistakes, but it was enlightening to actually keep track of them. I noticed 40 tactical mistakes along (i.e. obvious wrong decision or action that cost turns), and thatโ€™s to say nothing of the strategic ones or ones I donโ€™t even noticeโ€ฆ
What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities?
T8: Scout finished
T19: Settler (was going to go 2nd scout but didnโ€™t think there would be enough land - I went W first and thought E was going to be ocean!)
T21: Scout finished
T27: 2nd city founded, also Divine Spark pantheon.
T29: Holy Site finished
T39: Monument in 2nd finished
T40: Settler finished

Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
Astrology first, not much else thatโ€™s interesting.

How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
Dockyards are amazing. Got a lot of them. In hindsight, should have planned to use Sea Dogs more, ended up with a stack of them for free from dockyards bonus. Also pushed towards other continent settles, but that probably would have happened anyway given starting location and choosing Hunt Sic Dracones dedication.

How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
First 3 cities were in a line E. 3rd was a mistake, founded on Causeway thinking the extra culture would be useful but it was no good otherwise and didnโ€™t grow fast enough to take advantage of culture tiles.

Overall founded 12 cities and flipped 1 right towards the end.

Spoiler City report screens :

Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
Divine Spark for extra GPP to support Theatre play, and also helped with early religion. Reliquaries belief to support relic play, Lay Ministry because was expecting a lot of holy sites and theatres but in hindsight probably should have taken a different one.

What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
Key policy was 100% harbor adjacencies with shipyards for production. Colonial taxes and Raj were both solid contributors. Satellite Broadcasts and Heritage Tourism to help close out, but probably shaved turns off rather than actually be critical.

Spoiler Screenshot of final policies :

Which Governors were most important; when and why?
Magnus for settlers, Pingala for โ€ฆ everything. Reyna for an insane double/double on a +4 harbor. Liang was a late addition, not impactful.
Spoiler Screenshot of final governor screen :

Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
Kept alliances and trade routes with everyone as soon as able. Sold a lot of stuff (mostly luxuries) particularly early on so I could buy things.

When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
First age was normal, rest were golden. Medieval age was driven by war conversions of both USA and Egypt (probably +18-21 score?)

How did the game modes affect or impact your play?
I didnโ€™t realise industry/monopolies gave tourism bonus until ยพ of the way through the run. That would have changed my play! Got honey monopoly by accident. Could have gotten citrus and furs too if Iโ€™d planned for it earlier. Disasters were mostly fine except for a bad run where my major production/industrial zone/wonder city just kept getting hit and disabling power.

Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
Lost first settler to barbs which was a facepalm moment (didnโ€™t think barbs could enter my territory .. they could). Only delayed a couple of turns though.
Generally felt I was going to lose up until Industrial Era (~T170) that felt things started to turn the corner.

Did you enjoy your game?
Very much so! Except for rock bands, they can die in a fire. Got two golden ages dead on (no overscore), which felt pretty good. Love accumulating those great works.\

Spoiler Screenshot of great works :

Attachments

• VICTORIA 237 1630 AD.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
CV T277. AI was surprisingly tame in this one, though I guess they usually are in water maps. I played peacefully, though was dragged into a short war with USA through an alliance with India. First time I played this game mode. I didn't see too much difference early on, though sea levels started rising very early and I lose some ground there, but also gained some spots for seaside resorts. About 20 turns before finish comets started falling almost every turn, I lost 3-4 cities, but not key ones luckily. Though right on the turn after victory I lost a key city as well.

Attachments

• VICTORIA 278 1814 AD.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
Cultural Victory, T165, Score 936, 26.5 h

Plan
Faith boosted cultural game, for Monumentality bought settlers and builders to achieve monopolies and using the Holy sites too to hold relics on their temples. The decision to go with reliquaries was greatly influenced by finding Kupe had an early relic. The other main income of tourism where Great Works of writing, for what I prioritized Printing (for double tourism) and building Theater squares in mid game cities. Tried to develop Victoria's trade game for the +25% boost to civs with a trade route, and using the gold for buying amphitheaters and writing GWs to the AI.

For the luxury domination strategy, I also prioritized the Government plaza + Ancestry hall, which gave me Magnus + Provision, and a ready builder on each new city to quickly gather those desired luxuries.

Early stage
For cultural game it is very important to establish early relations with the AIs, hence I went after Sailing to explore the continents map, it was nice this technology was enough to met them all, and I did by T70 (circumnavigation at T82). Afterwards, I focused on settling new continents for the trade and unit bonuses, hence I went after Shipbuilding for settlers to cross the sea. While waiting for the key technology, I settled a couple cities in the home continent.

The race to get a religion, I made with two holy sites and two shrines (one bought).

There was a war with Kupe upon a relic I coveted, and Cleopatra kindly payed me for the war. With my galleys also capturing an errant settler, I would call this war a total success.

By T100, I had 8 cities, with a ninth on the go, and had settled all continents already.

Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-10 20-33-20.png

Religion
Pantheon: Religious settlements, that early extra settler was noteworthy.
Religion: Reliquaries (double tourism on relics and double faith which means more settlers and builders to grab luxuries), and Holy Orders (because you need to buy apostles to sacrifice and this competes with faith buying settlers).

Cleopatra was sending a lot of missionaries, and so, I managed to sacrifice my relic apostles while killing them. There were some missionaries from Kupe and Ghandi too.

Wonders
Temple of Artemis (wide empire requires happiness and this gave me +4 in the capital, plus the Drama boost needed for Theater squares), Great Bath (there were not as many floods as I expected, but the housing was useful), Mahabodhi Temple (for two extra relics), Mont St. Michel (required to get relics from the apostles), Colossus (nothing better to build on that city and I had the wonder building card), Forbidden City (non capital wonder but you can always use an extra card and culture), Kilwa Kisiwani (came on the last turn and could have better build a museum and the chapel instead).

For Natural Wonders, I only claimed the Giantโ€™s Causeway, which was super-helpful for the boost to Astrology, the extra Era Score, a better Holy site placement, early source of culture and the +5 to combat units that let me take control of the barbarians in my continent.

Diplomacy
Played a peaceful game to get the most of the open borders and trade routes bonuses to culture, but there were a couple of wars in between.

The first one was in order to get the initial relic from Kupe. I had to gave him all of my gold, my luxuries and even my second city for him to give me the relic. Following round I refused to keep paying him taxes and luxuries and this lead to a war for which Cleopatra was very willing to pay me. The city I gave, built walls, but fortunately I was able to recover it, after 20 painful rounds, to loyalty. Also captured a city from him. In the end, there was a truce and some centuries afterwards we were good friends and allies.

The second war was with Teddy, I think he did not like the colonies I funded at his homeland. I made war with him and leaved Venice troops, raiding a bit for science, culture and faith (with the Raid card), kept his culture game down, and got a couple great works on negotiations. Later on, one of his cities turned to me by loyalty.

There was a lot of trade with all the AIs (except Teddy), to get gold from luxuries (a bit less from strategic resources). Also traded favor for gold, Wilfrid was very helpful on this.

Monopolies + Apocalypse
The monopolies influenced a lot my play, as my strategy greatly relied on boosting relics and writings with monopolies bonuses.

My first monopoly was on honey and I reached a +558% tourism boost, this is all I got:
Honey: 100%
Cocoa: 100%
Ivory: 75%
Olives: 75%
Furs: 63%
Sugar: 63%
Gypsum: 67%

I was close with Tea and Citrus (50%) and could have grasped a couple more monopolies in a few more turns.

The apocalypse took my sugar monopoly a couple of times and gave me three cities with great volcano yields. There were two appease the gods calls which I completely ignored. I saw Teddy sacrificed units even at war.

Barbarians
At some point they started to spam caravels and this was problematic because I had not improved all my galleys to save money, then they started to destroy some of my traders until I could send the best of my navy. They also were mean with a few of my explorers.

Final state
269 total tourism:
Relics : 144
Writing GW: 68
Religious GW: 6
Holy city: 8
Pingala: 10
Wonders: 33

Natural wonders should give tourism too in my opinion.

I quite enjoyed this game, the map was very interesting with the West completely blocked for ships, creating some kind of inner sea that opens to the East.
Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-39-04.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-44-01.png

Spoiler Full log :

1 - ๐ŸAncient Era; Africa๐Ÿ—พ London๐Ÿ 
2 - Chinguetti๐ŸŒ
5 - Village (builder)
9 - Warrior!
10 - Village (writing)
13 - Sailing๐Ÿงช Mexico City๐ŸŒ
15 - Giantโ€™s Causeway๐Ÿ—ป
16 - Code of Laws๐ŸŽต
18 - Calaharia๐Ÿ—พ
21 - Settler! Azania๐Ÿ—พ
23 - Astrology๐Ÿงช Pantheon (Religious Settlements)๐Ÿ”ฎ Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Vilnius๐ŸŒ
24 - Village (scout)
27 - Plymouth๐Ÿ 
28 - Leeds๐Ÿ 
30 - Animal Husbandry๐Ÿงช Foreign Trade๐ŸŽต
31 - Holy site!
34 - Kupe๐ŸŒ
35 - Pottery๐Ÿงช Galley!
39 - Craftsmanship๐ŸŽต Galley! Bologna๐ŸŒ Wilfrid๐ŸŒ Cleopatra๐ŸŒ
40 - Monument! Holy site!
43 - Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ
44 - Slinger! Teddy๐ŸŒ Bandar Brunei๐ŸŒ
46 - Early Empire๐ŸŽต Magnus๐Ÿ’ผ Granary!
47 - Venice๐ŸŒ
48 - ๐ŸClassical Era (Free Inquiry)
49 - Trader! Relic๐ŸŒ Joint War with Cleopatra against Kupe๐Ÿ”ฅ Anshan๐ŸŒ Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ
52 - State Workforce๐ŸŽต Provision (Magnus)๐Ÿ’ผ
54 - Shipbuilding๐Ÿงช Europe๐Ÿ—พ
55 - Gandhi๐ŸŒ Shrine! Shrine๐Ÿ’ฐ
57 - Irrigation๐Ÿงช Settler!
61 - Archery๐Ÿงช John the Baptist๐Ÿ‘จ Religion (Reliquaries, Holy Order)๐Ÿ”ฎ Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ
63 - Political Philosophy๐ŸŽต Classical Republic๐Ÿ› Wolin๐ŸŒ
64 - Settler๐Ÿ“ Peace with Kupe๐Ÿ•Š Bristol๐Ÿ  Warrior๐Ÿ 
66 - Mysticism๐ŸŽต Settler!
67 - Hunza๐ŸŒ
68 - Archer๐Ÿ”บ John Curtin๐ŸŒ
69 - Celestial Navigation๐Ÿงช Military Tradition๐ŸŽต
70 - Amanitore๐ŸŒ Met all civilizations๐ŸŒ
71 - Writing๐Ÿงช Settler!
72 - Mining๐Ÿงช Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ
73 - Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ
74 - Settler! Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Monument! Royal Dockyard (Galley)! Birmingham๐Ÿ  Warrior๐Ÿ 
75 - Sheffield๐Ÿ  Warrior๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Cardiff๐ŸŒ
79 - Village (+20 faith) Unmet City-State๐Ÿ’€
80 - Games and Recreation๐ŸŽต
81 - Trader! Vilnusโ™Ÿ
82 - Bronze Working๐Ÿงช Circumnavigation๐ŸŒ Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ
83 - Manchester๐Ÿ  Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ
84 - Masonry๐Ÿงช Monument!
85 - Granary! Granary! Builder!
86 - Temple of Artemis๐Ÿฐ Village (builder) Trader๐Ÿ’ฐ Warrior๐Ÿ’€
87 - ๐ŸMedieval Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Drama and Poetry๐ŸŽต Monument!
88 - Kumasi๐ŸŒ
89 - Iron Working๐Ÿงช Theology๐ŸŽต Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ
90 - Wheel๐Ÿงช Trader! Bradford๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Royal Dockyard (Galley)!
91 - Horseback Riding๐Ÿงช Defensive Tactics๐ŸŽต Amani๐Ÿ’ผ Monument! Spearman! Monument! Warrior๐Ÿ’€
92 - Royal Dockyard (Galley)! Temple๐Ÿ’ฐ
93 - Government plaza! Liang๐Ÿ’ผ Apostle๐Ÿ”ฎ
94 - Engineering๐Ÿงช Campus!
95 - Currency๐Ÿงช Gaius Dulius๐Ÿ‘จ
96 - Archer! Water mill! Archer! Apostle๐Ÿ”ฎ
97 - Mathematics๐Ÿงช Great Bath๐Ÿฐ Pantheon (Cross culture dialogue)๐Ÿ”ฎ Settler๐Ÿ’ฐ
98 - Library! Scout๐Ÿ’€
99 - Feudalism๐ŸŽต Spearman๐Ÿ’€
100 - Machinery๐Ÿงช Spearman! Comet (chariot)
102 - Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Campus! Village (skirmisher)
103 - Recorded History๐ŸŽต Writing๐ŸŒ Zoning commissioner (Liang)๐Ÿ’ผ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ
104 - Great Reef Barrier๐Ÿ—ป Aqueduct! Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ
105 - Theater square!
106 - Ancestral hall! Pingala๐Ÿ’ผ Brighton๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ 
107 - Builder! Temple!
108 - Ancient walls! Galley๐Ÿ’€ Campus!
109 - Medieval Faires๐ŸŽต Connoisseur (Pingala)๐Ÿ’ผ Encampment! Ancient walls! Kumasiโ™Ÿ Apostle๐Ÿ”ฎ
110 - Royal Dockyard (Galley)! Relic๐Ÿ”ฎ Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ
111 - Sunderland๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Royal Dockyard (Galley)!
112 - Military Training๐ŸŽต Zheng He๐Ÿ‘จ Veniceโ™Ÿ Builder! Monument! Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ
113 - Printing Press๐Ÿงช Lighthouse! Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ
114 - Lighthouse! Monument! Granary!
115 - Construction๐Ÿงช Mercenaries๐ŸŽต
116 - Civil Service๐ŸŽต Cleopatra (religious)๐Ÿšฉ Kupe (militar)๐Ÿšฉ Ghandi (research)๐Ÿšฉ Wilfrid (economic)๐Ÿšฉ Lighthouse! Holy site!
117 - Apprenticeship๐Ÿงช Shrine!
118 - Theater square! Amphitheater๐Ÿ’ฐ Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ
119 - Divine Right๐ŸŽต Barracks! Theater square! Catapult๐Ÿ’ฐ Monarchy๐Ÿ› Amphitheater! Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Joint war with Cleopatra against Teddy๐Ÿ”ฅ Settler๐Ÿ“
120 - Trader! Theater square! Mount Kilimanjaro๐Ÿ—ป
121 - Stirrups๐Ÿงช Granary! Mogadishu๐ŸŒ Stoke-Upon-Trent๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ Warrior๐Ÿ’€
122 - Ancient walls! Granary! Granary! Leicester๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Eye of the Sahara๐Ÿ—ป Venice๐Ÿ’ฐ
123 - Military Engineering๐Ÿงช Guilds๐ŸŽต Library! Grants (Pingala)๐Ÿ’ผ Village (+20 faith) Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Man-at-arms๐Ÿ”บ
125 - Trebuchet๐Ÿ”บ Preslav๐ŸŒ
126 - Military Tactics๐Ÿงช
127 - Ancient walls! Horseman๐Ÿ’ฐ
128 - ๐ŸRenaissance Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Reformed Church๐ŸŽต Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Knight๐Ÿ”บ Theocracy๐Ÿ›
129 - Mahabodhi Temple๐Ÿฐ Apostle๐Ÿฐ Apostle๐Ÿฐ Buttress๐Ÿงช Education๐Ÿงช Village (naval tradition)
130 - Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Cartography๐Ÿงช Caravel๐Ÿ”บ Temple๐Ÿ’ฐ
131 - Archer๐Ÿ’€ Peace with Teddy๐Ÿ•Š
132 - Mass Production๐Ÿงช
133 - Diplomatic Service๐ŸŽต Amphitheater! Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Library๐Ÿ’ฐ
134 - Royal Dockyard (Caravel)! Cliffs of Dover๐Ÿ—ป
135 - Banking๐Ÿงช Royal Dockyard (Caravel)! Comet (Knight)! Settler!
136 - Armory! Settler๐Ÿ’ฐ
137 - Theater square! Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ
138 - Gunpowder๐Ÿงช Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ
139 - The Enlightenment๐ŸŽต Royal Dockyard (Caravel)! Hull๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Newcastle-Upon-Tyne๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ Water mill๐Ÿ’ฐ Village (mercantilism) Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Apostle๐Ÿ”ฎ
140 - Castles๐Ÿงช Water mill๐Ÿ’ฐ Archer๐Ÿ”ฎ Crossbowman๐Ÿ”ฎ
143 - Mercantilism๐ŸŽต Settler! Village (+20 favor) York๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Comet (Knight) Relic๐ŸŒ University๐Ÿ’ฐ
144 - Astronomy๐Ÿงช
145 - Aqueduct! Royal Dockyard (Sea dog)!
146 - Mont St. Michel๐Ÿฐ Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Amphitheater๐Ÿ’ฐ
147 - Colossus๐Ÿฐ Lighthouse! Amphitheater๐Ÿ’ฐ Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Lighthouse! Holy site! John (cultural)๐Ÿšฉ Relic๐Ÿ”ฎ Lighthouse! Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Village (+60 faith)
148 - Colonialism๐ŸŽต Wolinโ™Ÿ Bath๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Blackburn๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ
149 - Scientific Theory๐Ÿงช Niccolo Machiaveli๐Ÿ‘จ
150 - Leif Erickson๐Ÿ‘จ Theater square! Amphitheater๐Ÿ’ฐ Builder! Settler! Writing๐Ÿ‘จ
151 - Square Rigging๐Ÿงช Shipyard! Canterbury๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Writing๐Ÿ‘จ Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Art museum๐Ÿ’ฐ
152 - Opera and Ballet๐ŸŽต Monument! Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Knight๐Ÿ’€
153 - Ibn Fadlan๐Ÿ‘จ Shrine! Monument! Water mill๐Ÿ’ฐ Liverpool๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ Crossbowman๐Ÿ”บ Temple๐Ÿ’ฐ
154 - Industrial zone! Lighthouse! Monument! Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ
155 - Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Commercial hub!
156 - Granary! Settler๐Ÿ’ฐ Cardiffโ™Ÿ Trader๐Ÿ’€
157 - Metal Casting๐Ÿงช Hieronymus Bosch๐Ÿ‘จ Theater square! Cathedral๐Ÿ”ฎ Coventry๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Musketman๐Ÿ”บ
158 - Civil Engineering๐ŸŽต New Orleans๐Ÿ“ข Workshop! Granary! Curator (Pingala)๐Ÿ’ผ Religious๐Ÿ‘จ Trader๐Ÿ’€
159 - Santa Cruz๐Ÿ‘จ Holy site! Amphitheater! Diplomatic quarter! Norwich๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ 
160 - Forbidden City๐Ÿฐ Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ Religious๐Ÿ‘จ Village (+20 niter) Archaeological museum! Settler๐Ÿ’ฐ
161 - Naval Tradition๐ŸŽต Musketman๐Ÿ”บ Bombard๐Ÿ”บ Amphitheater! Entertainment complex! Campus! Village (nationalism, scorched earth) Relic๐Ÿ”ฎ
162 - Nationalism๐ŸŽต Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Researcher (Pingala)๐Ÿ’ผ Barbarian encampment (+70 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ Builder! Religious๐Ÿ‘จ Comet (Knight)
163 - Aqueduct! Lighthouse! Relic๐Ÿ”ฎ Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Trader๐Ÿ’€
164 - Sanitation๐Ÿงช Kawa๐Ÿ“ Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ Granary! Bolognaโ™Ÿ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Galley๐Ÿ’€
165 - Natural History๐ŸŽต Margaret Cavendish๐Ÿ‘จ Writing๐Ÿ‘จ University! Builder! Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ Exeter๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Trader๐Ÿ’€
166 - Military engineer! Theater square! Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ
167 - Cultural Victory๐Ÿ†

Spoiler City build order :

1. London๐Ÿ  (T1): Warrior > Settler > Holy site > Galley > Galley > Granary โ‚ฌ Shrine > Settler > Settler F Missionary > Settler F Missionary > Temple of Artemis > Monument โ‚ฌ Temple F Apostle > Campus F Apostle > Library > Spearman > Builder > Ancient walls F Apostle > Royal Dockyard (Galley) > Lighthouse > Mahabodhi Temple F Apostle > Settler F Missionary F Missionary > Shipyard F Missionary > Theater square > Amphitheater > Art museum
  2. Plymouth๐Ÿ  (T27): Monument > Trader > Builder โ‚ฌ Trader F Builder > Government plaza > Ancestral hall > Theater square โ‚ฌ Amphitheater > Granary > Settler > Settler โ‚ฌ Art museum > Kilwa Kisiwani
  3. Leeds๐Ÿ  (T28): Holy site > Slinger > Shrine โ‚ฌ Granary > Settler F Missionary > Royal Dockyard (Galley) > Trader > Great Bath > Temple > Theater square F Trader F Trader โ‚ฌ Water mill โ‚ฌ Amphitheater > Forbidden City > Lighthouse > Encampment
  4. Bristol๐Ÿ  (T64): Monument > Granary > Trader > Royal Dockyard (Galley) > Encampment > Lighthouse > Barracks > Ancient walls > Armory > Colossus > Holy site > Aqueduct > Military engineer > Shrine
  5. Birmingham๐Ÿ  (T74): Granary F Builder > Monument > Spearman > Archer โ‚ฌ Builder > Aqueduct โ‚ฌ Builder > Campus > Builder โ‚ฌ Builder > Holy site > Shrine > Trader โ‚ฌ Temple โ‚ฌ Library > Mont St. Michel F Settler > Industrial zone > Workshop > University > Sewer
  6. Sheffield๐Ÿ  (T75): โ‚ฌ Builder โ‚ฌ Granary > Monument > Campus > Ancient walls โ‚ฌ Builder F Settler > Library > Royal Dockyard (Caravel) โ‚ฌ University > Lighthouse > Holy site
  7. Manchester๐Ÿ  (T83): โ‚ฌ Monument F Builder > Royal Dockyard (Galley) > Water mill > Archer โ‚ฌ Settler > Lighthouse > Granary > Theater square > Aqueduct > Amphitheater > Builder
  8. Bradford๐Ÿ  (T90): F Builder > Monument F Settler F Builder > Theater square > Ancient walls > Amphitheater โ‚ฌ Horseman F Settler > Builder > Holy site F Trader F Trader F Trader > Shrine โ‚ฌ Temple F Cathedral F Missionary > Art museum
  9. Brighton๐Ÿ  (T106): Monument > Granary F Builder โ‚ฌ Builder โ‚ฌ Builder F Builder > Theater square > Royal Dockyard (Sea dog) โ‚ฌ Amphitheater > Lighthouse > Entertainment complex โ‚ฌ Builder > Arena
  10. Sunderland๐Ÿ  (T111): Monument > Granary โ‚ฌ Catapult > Theater square โ‚ฌ Builder > Amphitheater F Settler โ‚ฌ Settler F Settler > Royal Dockyard (Caravel) > Lighthouse > Builder > Archaeological museum > Builder > Entertainment complex
  11. Stoke-Upon-Trent๐Ÿ  (T121): โ‚ฌ Monument โ‚ฌ Granary > Ancient walls > Royal Dockyard (Caravel) > Lighthouse > Campus > Theater square
  12. Leicester๐Ÿ  (T122): Theater square โ‚ฌ Amphitheater > Diplomatic quarter > Granary > Consulate
  13. Hull๐Ÿ  (T139): F Builder > Commercial hub > Granary > Market
  14. Newcastle-Upon-Tyne๐Ÿ  (T139): โ‚ฌ Monument โ‚ฌ Water mill โ‚ฌ Settler โ‚ฌ Builder > Theater square > Royal Dockyard
  15. York๐Ÿ  (T143): Monument โ‚ฌ Water mill > Theater square
  16. Bath๐Ÿ  (T148): โ‚ฌ Monument F Settler F Trader โ‚ฌ Builder > Theater square
  17. Blackburn๐Ÿ  (T148): Monument > Granary โ‚ฌ Settler โ‚ฌ Builder > Theater square
  18. Canterbury๐Ÿ  (T151): Monument โ‚ฌ Granary > Royal Dockyard
  19. Liverpool๐Ÿ  (T153): โ‚ฌ Monument > Theater square
  20. Coventry๐Ÿ  (T157): Monument
  21. New Orleans๐Ÿ“ข (T158): Builder > Industrial zone
  22. Norwich๐Ÿ  (T159): โ‚ฌ Granary > Theater square
  23. Kawa๐Ÿ“ (T164): โ‚ฌ Monument > Theater square
  24. Exeter๐Ÿ  (T165): Theater square

Attachments

• GOTM143 VICTORIA 167 Cultural.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-39-43.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-39-43.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-40-27.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-40-27.png
    3 MB · Views: 36
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-40-52.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-40-52.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 35
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-41-37.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-41-37.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-41-58.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-41-58.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-42-16.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-15 13-42-16.png
    1 MB · Views: 41
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.
You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Turn 258 Culture Victory

First win on Deity and with Victoria. Thanks for the fun/interesting game!

Having not won on Deity before I wasnโ€™t too sure what my strategy would be outside of using the Monopolies Game Mode bonuses as best I could. Through the game this morphed in to a huge amount of trading, alliances and anything that provided great work slots being built. Elected early to not go for a religion, ultimately let me stay on par with Science. All out tourism at turn 150. Jumped from 20 to over 1,000 over the last 100 turns to win.

Initial Builds: Scout, Slinger, Settler, Monument, Campus. I got my first settler out right before selecting a pantheon.

Early Tech: Rushed Currency then for Harbors after I realized I was the only one on the starting island.

Leader Bonus: Helped with the decision to rush Harbor's and make a trade game. Bonuses for settling new continents and from the dockyard made it easier to avoid building too much military.

Cities: 13 cities settled. 1 Destroyed by a comet (first comet that fell) and another lost due to loyalty to Canada as I was trying to pick up another monopoly.

Key Production/Purchases: Once I set up my 4 city base (Turn 80-90) I built 8 straight settlers from my second city. From their I rushed harbours/lighthouses and purchased shipyards in every city as I was producing 400+ gold per turn. Next I purchased every single relic or piece of art I could

Pantheon: Religious Settlements โ€“ got me 3 cities early in game but probably not needed as I realized I was on a solo continent shortly after making this pick.

Government: Went with Monarchy most of the way as I had production to build walls everywhere.

Governors: Pingala was vital in the capital where I built a campus, theatre square and the Oracle.

Diplomacy/Trading: had alliances with everyone but Teddy. Trading and gold income is why I won the game.

Golden Ages: 1 mid game dark age prior to settling 8 cities. This made loyalty difficult for 20-30 turns. Last two eras were golden ages.

Surprises/Frustrations: I do not like the apocalypse game mode lol. It was absolute mayhem with how much land I was losing to flooding and how disruptive the natural disasters were. The first comet fell around turn 215 and destroyed my 5th city which had 2 wonders, a theatre square and about 20% of my tourism. This pushed back being able to win by at least 15-20 turns.

First time actually finishing a GOTM, albeit late. Thanks for setting these up โ€“ it is making CIV 6 fun for someone who has played since it was released.

Attachments

• GOTM 143 - VictoryWin.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
Spoiler Full log :

1 - ๐ŸAncient Era; Africa๐Ÿ—พ London๐Ÿ 
2 - Chinguetti๐ŸŒ
5 - Village (builder)
9 - Warrior!
10 - Village (writing)
13 - Sailing๐Ÿงช Mexico City๐ŸŒ
15 - Giantโ€™s Causeway๐Ÿ—ป
16 - Code of Laws๐ŸŽต
18 - Calaharia๐Ÿ—พ
21 - Settler! Azania๐Ÿ—พ
23 - Astrology๐Ÿงช Pantheon (Religious Settlements)๐Ÿ”ฎ Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Vilnius๐ŸŒ
24 - Village (scout)
27 - Plymouth๐Ÿ 
28 - Leeds๐Ÿ 
30 - Animal Husbandry๐Ÿงช Foreign Trade๐ŸŽต
31 - Holy site!
34 - Kupe๐ŸŒ
35 - Pottery๐Ÿงช Galley!
39 - Craftsmanship๐ŸŽต Galley! Bologna๐ŸŒ Wilfrid๐ŸŒ Cleopatra๐ŸŒ
40 - Monument! Holy site!
43 - Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ
44 - Slinger! Teddy๐ŸŒ Bandar Brunei๐ŸŒ
46 - Early Empire๐ŸŽต Magnus๐Ÿ’ผ Granary!
47 - Venice๐ŸŒ
48 - ๐ŸClassical Era (Free Inquiry)
49 - Trader! Relic๐ŸŒ Joint War with Cleopatra against Kupe๐Ÿ”ฅ Anshan๐ŸŒ Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ
52 - State Workforce๐ŸŽต Provision (Magnus)๐Ÿ’ผ
54 - Shipbuilding๐Ÿงช Europe๐Ÿ—พ
55 - Gandhi๐ŸŒ Shrine! Shrine๐Ÿ’ฐ
57 - Irrigation๐Ÿงช Settler!
61 - Archery๐Ÿงช John the Baptist๐Ÿ‘จ Religion (Reliquaries, Holy Order)๐Ÿ”ฎ Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ
63 - Political Philosophy๐ŸŽต Classical Republic๐Ÿ› Wolin๐ŸŒ
64 - Settler๐Ÿ“ Peace with Kupe๐Ÿ•Š Bristol๐Ÿ  Warrior๐Ÿ 
66 - Mysticism๐ŸŽต Settler!
67 - Hunza๐ŸŒ
68 - Archer๐Ÿ”บ John Curtin๐ŸŒ
69 - Celestial Navigation๐Ÿงช Military Tradition๐ŸŽต
70 - Amanitore๐ŸŒ Met all civilizations๐ŸŒ
71 - Writing๐Ÿงช Settler!
72 - Mining๐Ÿงช Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ
73 - Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ
74 - Settler! Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Monument! Royal Dockyard (Galley)! Birmingham๐Ÿ  Warrior๐Ÿ 
75 - Sheffield๐Ÿ  Warrior๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Cardiff๐ŸŒ
79 - Village (+20 faith) Unmet City-State๐Ÿ’€
80 - Games and Recreation๐ŸŽต
81 - Trader! Vilnusโ™Ÿ
82 - Bronze Working๐Ÿงช Circumnavigation๐ŸŒ Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ
83 - Manchester๐Ÿ  Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ
84 - Masonry๐Ÿงช Monument!
85 - Granary! Granary! Builder!
86 - Temple of Artemis๐Ÿฐ Village (builder) Trader๐Ÿ’ฐ Warrior๐Ÿ’€
87 - ๐ŸMedieval Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Drama and Poetry๐ŸŽต Monument!
88 - Kumasi๐ŸŒ
89 - Iron Working๐Ÿงช Theology๐ŸŽต Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ
90 - Wheel๐Ÿงช Trader! Bradford๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Royal Dockyard (Galley)!
91 - Horseback Riding๐Ÿงช Defensive Tactics๐ŸŽต Amani๐Ÿ’ผ Monument! Spearman! Monument! Warrior๐Ÿ’€
92 - Royal Dockyard (Galley)! Temple๐Ÿ’ฐ
93 - Government plaza! Liang๐Ÿ’ผ Apostle๐Ÿ”ฎ
94 - Engineering๐Ÿงช Campus!
95 - Currency๐Ÿงช Gaius Dulius๐Ÿ‘จ
96 - Archer! Water mill! Archer! Apostle๐Ÿ”ฎ
97 - Mathematics๐Ÿงช Great Bath๐Ÿฐ Pantheon (Cross culture dialogue)๐Ÿ”ฎ Settler๐Ÿ’ฐ
98 - Library! Scout๐Ÿ’€
99 - Feudalism๐ŸŽต Spearman๐Ÿ’€
100 - Machinery๐Ÿงช Spearman! Comet (chariot)
102 - Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Campus! Village (skirmisher)
103 - Recorded History๐ŸŽต Writing๐ŸŒ Zoning commissioner (Liang)๐Ÿ’ผ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ
104 - Great Reef Barrier๐Ÿ—ป Aqueduct! Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ
105 - Theater square!
106 - Ancestral hall! Pingala๐Ÿ’ผ Brighton๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ 
107 - Builder! Temple!
108 - Ancient walls! Galley๐Ÿ’€ Campus!
109 - Medieval Faires๐ŸŽต Connoisseur (Pingala)๐Ÿ’ผ Encampment! Ancient walls! Kumasiโ™Ÿ Apostle๐Ÿ”ฎ
110 - Royal Dockyard (Galley)! Relic๐Ÿ”ฎ Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ
111 - Sunderland๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Royal Dockyard (Galley)!
112 - Military Training๐ŸŽต Zheng He๐Ÿ‘จ Veniceโ™Ÿ Builder! Monument! Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ
113 - Printing Press๐Ÿงช Lighthouse! Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ
114 - Lighthouse! Monument! Granary!
115 - Construction๐Ÿงช Mercenaries๐ŸŽต
116 - Civil Service๐ŸŽต Cleopatra (religious)๐Ÿšฉ Kupe (militar)๐Ÿšฉ Ghandi (research)๐Ÿšฉ Wilfrid (economic)๐Ÿšฉ Lighthouse! Holy site!
117 - Apprenticeship๐Ÿงช Shrine!
118 - Theater square! Amphitheater๐Ÿ’ฐ Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ
119 - Divine Right๐ŸŽต Barracks! Theater square! Catapult๐Ÿ’ฐ Monarchy๐Ÿ› Amphitheater! Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Joint war with Cleopatra against Teddy๐Ÿ”ฅ Settler๐Ÿ“
120 - Trader! Theater square! Mount Kilimanjaro๐Ÿ—ป
121 - Stirrups๐Ÿงช Granary! Mogadishu๐ŸŒ Stoke-Upon-Trent๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ Warrior๐Ÿ’€
122 - Ancient walls! Granary! Granary! Leicester๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Eye of the Sahara๐Ÿ—ป Venice๐Ÿ’ฐ
123 - Military Engineering๐Ÿงช Guilds๐ŸŽต Library! Grants (Pingala)๐Ÿ’ผ Village (+20 faith) Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Man-at-arms๐Ÿ”บ
125 - Trebuchet๐Ÿ”บ Preslav๐ŸŒ
126 - Military Tactics๐Ÿงช
127 - Ancient walls! Horseman๐Ÿ’ฐ
128 - ๐ŸRenaissance Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Reformed Church๐ŸŽต Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Knight๐Ÿ”บ Theocracy๐Ÿ›
129 - Mahabodhi Temple๐Ÿฐ Apostle๐Ÿฐ Apostle๐Ÿฐ Buttress๐Ÿงช Education๐Ÿงช Village (naval tradition)
130 - Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Cartography๐Ÿงช Caravel๐Ÿ”บ Temple๐Ÿ’ฐ
131 - Archer๐Ÿ’€ Peace with Teddy๐Ÿ•Š
132 - Mass Production๐Ÿงช
133 - Diplomatic Service๐ŸŽต Amphitheater! Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Library๐Ÿ’ฐ
134 - Royal Dockyard (Caravel)! Cliffs of Dover๐Ÿ—ป
135 - Banking๐Ÿงช Royal Dockyard (Caravel)! Comet (Knight)! Settler!
136 - Armory! Settler๐Ÿ’ฐ
137 - Theater square! Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ
138 - Gunpowder๐Ÿงช Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ
139 - The Enlightenment๐ŸŽต Royal Dockyard (Caravel)! Hull๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Newcastle-Upon-Tyne๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ Water mill๐Ÿ’ฐ Village (mercantilism) Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Apostle๐Ÿ”ฎ
140 - Castles๐Ÿงช Water mill๐Ÿ’ฐ Archer๐Ÿ”ฎ Crossbowman๐Ÿ”ฎ
143 - Mercantilism๐ŸŽต Settler! Village (+20 favor) York๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ Comet (Knight) Relic๐ŸŒ University๐Ÿ’ฐ
144 - Astronomy๐Ÿงช
145 - Aqueduct! Royal Dockyard (Sea dog)!
146 - Mont St. Michel๐Ÿฐ Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Amphitheater๐Ÿ’ฐ
147 - Colossus๐Ÿฐ Lighthouse! Amphitheater๐Ÿ’ฐ Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Writing๐ŸŒ Lighthouse! Holy site! John (cultural)๐Ÿšฉ Relic๐Ÿ”ฎ Lighthouse! Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Village (+60 faith)
148 - Colonialism๐ŸŽต Wolinโ™Ÿ Bath๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Blackburn๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ
149 - Scientific Theory๐Ÿงช Niccolo Machiaveli๐Ÿ‘จ
150 - Leif Erickson๐Ÿ‘จ Theater square! Amphitheater๐Ÿ’ฐ Builder! Settler! Writing๐Ÿ‘จ
151 - Square Rigging๐Ÿงช Shipyard! Canterbury๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Writing๐Ÿ‘จ Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Art museum๐Ÿ’ฐ
152 - Opera and Ballet๐ŸŽต Monument! Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Knight๐Ÿ’€
153 - Ibn Fadlan๐Ÿ‘จ Shrine! Monument! Water mill๐Ÿ’ฐ Liverpool๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ Crossbowman๐Ÿ”บ Temple๐Ÿ’ฐ
154 - Industrial zone! Lighthouse! Monument! Builder๐Ÿ”ฎ
155 - Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Commercial hub!
156 - Granary! Settler๐Ÿ’ฐ Cardiffโ™Ÿ Trader๐Ÿ’€
157 - Metal Casting๐Ÿงช Hieronymus Bosch๐Ÿ‘จ Theater square! Cathedral๐Ÿ”ฎ Coventry๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Musketman๐Ÿ”บ
158 - Civil Engineering๐ŸŽต New Orleans๐Ÿ“ข Workshop! Granary! Curator (Pingala)๐Ÿ’ผ Religious๐Ÿ‘จ Trader๐Ÿ’€
159 - Santa Cruz๐Ÿ‘จ Holy site! Amphitheater! Diplomatic quarter! Norwich๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ 
160 - Forbidden City๐Ÿฐ Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ Religious๐Ÿ‘จ Village (+20 niter) Archaeological museum! Settler๐Ÿ’ฐ
161 - Naval Tradition๐ŸŽต Musketman๐Ÿ”บ Bombard๐Ÿ”บ Amphitheater! Entertainment complex! Campus! Village (nationalism, scorched earth) Relic๐Ÿ”ฎ
162 - Nationalism๐ŸŽต Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Researcher (Pingala)๐Ÿ’ผ Barbarian encampment (+70 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ Builder! Religious๐Ÿ‘จ Comet (Knight)
163 - Aqueduct! Lighthouse! Relic๐Ÿ”ฎ Settler๐Ÿ”ฎ Trader๐Ÿ”ฎ Missionary๐Ÿ”ฎ Trader๐Ÿ’€
164 - Sanitation๐Ÿงช Kawa๐Ÿ“ Monument๐Ÿ’ฐ Granary! Bolognaโ™Ÿ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Galley๐Ÿ’€
165 - Natural History๐ŸŽต Margaret Cavendish๐Ÿ‘จ Writing๐Ÿ‘จ University! Builder! Granary๐Ÿ’ฐ Exeter๐Ÿ  Builder๐Ÿ  Barbarian encampment (+30 gold)๐Ÿ”ฅ Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ Trader๐Ÿ’€
166 - Military engineer! Theater square! Builder๐Ÿ’ฐ
167 - Cultural Victory๐Ÿ†

Spoiler City build order :

1. London๐Ÿ  (T1): Warrior > Settler > Holy site > Galley > Galley > Granary โ‚ฌ Shrine > Settler > Settler F Missionary > Settler F Missionary > Temple of Artemis > Monument โ‚ฌ Temple F Apostle > Campus F Apostle > Library > Spearman > Builder > Ancient walls F Apostle > Royal Dockyard (Galley) > Lighthouse > Mahabodhi Temple F Apostle > Settler F Missionary F Missionary > Shipyard F Missionary > Theater square > Amphitheater > Art museum
  2. Plymouth๐Ÿ  (T27): Monument > Trader > Builder โ‚ฌ Trader F Builder > Government plaza > Ancestral hall > Theater square โ‚ฌ Amphitheater > Granary > Settler > Settler โ‚ฌ Art museum > Kilwa Kisiwani
  3. Leeds๐Ÿ  (T28): Holy site > Slinger > Shrine โ‚ฌ Granary > Settler F Missionary > Royal Dockyard (Galley) > Trader > Great Bath > Temple > Theater square F Trader F Trader โ‚ฌ Water mill โ‚ฌ Amphitheater > Forbidden City > Lighthouse > Encampment
  4. Bristol๐Ÿ  (T64): Monument > Granary > Trader > Royal Dockyard (Galley) > Encampment > Lighthouse > Barracks > Ancient walls > Armory > Colossus > Holy site > Aqueduct > Military engineer > Shrine
  5. Birmingham๐Ÿ  (T74): Granary F Builder > Monument > Spearman > Archer โ‚ฌ Builder > Aqueduct โ‚ฌ Builder > Campus > Builder โ‚ฌ Builder > Holy site > Shrine > Trader โ‚ฌ Temple โ‚ฌ Library > Mont St. Michel F Settler > Industrial zone > Workshop > University > Sewer
  6. Sheffield๐Ÿ  (T75): โ‚ฌ Builder โ‚ฌ Granary > Monument > Campus > Ancient walls โ‚ฌ Builder F Settler > Library > Royal Dockyard (Caravel) โ‚ฌ University > Lighthouse > Holy site
  7. Manchester๐Ÿ  (T83): โ‚ฌ Monument F Builder > Royal Dockyard (Galley) > Water mill > Archer โ‚ฌ Settler > Lighthouse > Granary > Theater square > Aqueduct > Amphitheater > Builder
  8. Bradford๐Ÿ  (T90): F Builder > Monument F Settler F Builder > Theater square > Ancient walls > Amphitheater โ‚ฌ Horseman F Settler > Builder > Holy site F Trader F Trader F Trader > Shrine โ‚ฌ Temple F Cathedral F Missionary > Art museum
  9. Brighton๐Ÿ  (T106): Monument > Granary F Builder โ‚ฌ Builder โ‚ฌ Builder F Builder > Theater square > Royal Dockyard (Sea dog) โ‚ฌ Amphitheater > Lighthouse > Entertainment complex โ‚ฌ Builder > Arena
  10. Sunderland๐Ÿ  (T111): Monument > Granary โ‚ฌ Catapult > Theater square โ‚ฌ Builder > Amphitheater F Settler โ‚ฌ Settler F Settler > Royal Dockyard (Caravel) > Lighthouse > Builder > Archaeological museum > Builder > Entertainment complex
  11. Stoke-Upon-Trent๐Ÿ  (T121): โ‚ฌ Monument โ‚ฌ Granary > Ancient walls > Royal Dockyard (Caravel) > Lighthouse > Campus > Theater square
  12. Leicester๐Ÿ  (T122): Theater square โ‚ฌ Amphitheater > Diplomatic quarter > Granary > Consulate
  13. Hull๐Ÿ  (T139): F Builder > Commercial hub > Granary > Market
  14. Newcastle-Upon-Tyne๐Ÿ  (T139): โ‚ฌ Monument โ‚ฌ Water mill โ‚ฌ Settler โ‚ฌ Builder > Theater square > Royal Dockyard
  15. York๐Ÿ  (T143): Monument โ‚ฌ Water mill > Theater square
  16. Bath๐Ÿ  (T148): โ‚ฌ Monument F Settler F Trader โ‚ฌ Builder > Theater square
  17. Blackburn๐Ÿ  (T148): Monument > Granary โ‚ฌ Settler โ‚ฌ Builder > Theater square
  18. Canterbury๐Ÿ  (T151): Monument โ‚ฌ Granary > Royal Dockyard
  19. Liverpool๐Ÿ  (T153): โ‚ฌ Monument > Theater square
  20. Coventry๐Ÿ  (T157): Monument
  21. New Orleans๐Ÿ“ข (T158): Builder > Industrial zone
  22. Norwich๐Ÿ  (T159): โ‚ฌ Granary > Theater square
  23. Kawa๐Ÿ“ (T164): โ‚ฌ Monument > Theater square
  24. Exeter๐Ÿ  (T165): Theater square
Did you keep these logs by hand or were they generated by something? (Great report btw, I'm impressed by your remote settles.)

They are hand made. I tried to create a mod to automate it but regretfully I did not find a way to generate an output file with the version of lua the game uses. There is supposed to be a lua.log with the stdout of the lua script, but it does not seem to happen in my version of the game (Linux/Ubuntu).

As for the remote settles, I do buy the settlers on the farthest city (Monumentality helps a lot with this), the time to reach the next spot is even more important than build time for fast expansion, and once there, while the new city grows to 2 pop, you can set Magnus there to avoid losing population, before buying a new more settler and sending it farther away. In this game in particular I captured one of Kupes's settlers with a galley so settling the eastern area of the map became easier.

Top Bottom