6otM178 AAR

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM178 After Actions Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attach your victory save to your post.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities?

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
- What were key production/purchase focuses?
Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
- How did the map affect your gameplay?
- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
- Did you enjoy your game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

If this is a replay, please indicate 'REPLAY' at the top of your post. If you conduct regular restarts, please indicate 'RELOADS' at the top of your post. More posting helps us all get play better as we understand the methods of others, but want to clearly distinguish between a first run through without reloads and other submissions as it is much harder to recover in game from the mistakes we all make.

181 SV
Spoiler t181 :
20240226165526_1.jpg

Not the most eventful game, a wet map without oceans has too much lucrative land for there to be any conflict or tight considerations :)

I started off with a trio of core cities, with Work Ethic Holy Sites and Sugubas. In the meantime, I sent 4 warriors to take Poland. Peaceful game afterwards, making full use of Monumentality - focusing on getting Sugubas and Campuses in each new city. After meeting Chinguetti and Kumasi, there was even no point in conquering anyone.

Thanks for the game!

Attachments

• AutoSave_0181.Civ6Save
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
SV 205 Score 1914

Spoiler :
1709264489770.png

Little disappointed I didn’t break 200 turns!

Saw the game was wetlands… And noticed some marsh near the starting location, so went for the following combo… Lady of the Reeds and Marshes + Etemenanki. Unfortunately, there wasn’t as much marsh as I had hoped.

Secured a religion and went Jesuit Education.

Managed to get Golden Age every era.

Kumasi and Chinguetti were massive for my trade routes.

Thanks for the game… Nice pace change compared to 6otM175 challenge!

SV turn 230

I played an aggressive strategy: conquered Poland, Australia, England and pillaged all the others. With the Mapuche I kept peace until very late
as I wanted their cities as trade route targets. Goddess of hunt was a nice pantheon, turned out there were lots of camp-improved resources
all over the map, which gave most cities a good start. All in all, this game felt very easy - the AI were all sitting ducks, I did hardly ever use the
crusade believe I had picked.

Thanks for the game!

Attachments

• 6oTM.SV230.png
    6oTM.SV230.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 64
  • 6oTM178.SV230.Civ6Save
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Science Victory Turn 236, Score 2020

Peaceful game.

Attachments

• 6otM178 Sci Vic T236 S2020.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
SV. T245. One city.

Generous start location, great city states for a one city science game.

Early game was exploring map, remaining friends with Poland, doing CS quests for envoys, and building infrastructure/wonders. Mid to late game all pillaging using some leveraged and some built units.

Thanks for the game!

Attachments

• MANSA MUSA 245 1670 AD.Civ6Save
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
T 275 Science Victory

Religious dominance helped me buy campuses/libraries with faith
Sugubas and harbors made me a lot on traders

Fun game -thanks!

Attachments

• MM_275.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
Turn 168 Science Victory

Mali start is slow as always but speeds up quickly in the end. I did a mistake to take take the belief that automatically spreads my religion to new cities. I conquered Poland before starting my second wave of settlers and because of that didn't have a majority religion.
Anyway, I started utilizing the city flip+pillage+repair strategy and was getting several thousand golds per turn from a single city flipping every third turn in the end.

I usually start most of games with the build order: scout, builder, settler and after that either buy a monument or build one. If I encounter close AI or heavy barb I might add in some more military as needed. Once craftmanship hits, build up military and take out barb camps.

In the end, Reyna was moved around newly built cities with lots of woods to chop. Reyna allowed me to buy Suguba + spaceport. Then I moved Reyna to the next city and moved in Magnus to chop out space ship projects. This game made me realize the city flipping strategy together with chopping is a much quicker victory compared to having a single production heavy city. I built a suguba and campus in most cities and only had 2 cities which was strong, Polands capital which was uwsed as the Pingala city, and my own capital which build Apadana together with like 7 other wonders for envoys. All other cities were either just 1 wonder cities for key wonders that were chopped by moving Magnus there, and otherwise build campus (and usually suguba), chop out the district and buy the buildings and afterwards science focus in the city.

I did heavy warring and exterminated several AI:s, some of them only for getting rid of their annoying envoys. In the end I had more cities than I needed to one turn the sciences though and my last cities I build was just for chopping space port projects and for aluminium to be able to sustain said projects.

Overall, I was surprised how well Lautaro managed to defend my attacks even on Prince with his +10 combat strength. I am also surprised at how bad I feel Mali is due to the -30% production malus. I haven't realized until now how much it slows down the start.

Attachments

• gotm178_win.png
    gotm178_win.png
    19.4 MB · Views: 41
  • GOTM178_win_turn168.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Lost on turn 277, frustrating as I'd thought/hoped I was done losing at Prince level. I thought I was cruising along toward the win but Ludwig completely blindsided me, suddenly winning a Cultural Victory which he hadn't been particularly close to when I'd last checked only a couple dozen turns ago. Not actually sure what I could or should have done about that. I'd amassed a huge, rich and well-armed empire, but I failed to progress toward any particular victory condition fast enough (As an aside, though, this was by far the fastest I've ever seen an AI win.) Maybe I'll try again,

Attachments

• AutoSave_0279.Civ6Save
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
SV 279. Peaceful game without too many surprises. NW of the capital I built a perfect Petra city... Only to see niter spawn right in that only flat desert spot, ruining my plan. I didn't build Petra at all and even had 2-3 extra GE that I didn't bother using for wonders.

Attachments

• MANSA MUSA 279 1816 AD.Civ6Save
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
Hi everyone,

Many thanks for uploading this game. It was fun. I played on the ipad, which is a success, although I had to buy € 250 for everything (again, i.e. PC). Nevertheless, I won in turn 278 or so. It's fun to compare my game with you. I can still learn a lot. Looking forward to the next one!

Gr. from the Netherlands

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.
You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom