6otM46 After Action

Turn 142 Domination Victory, Score 1118

Turns up to turn 98 are in the other thread.

How many cities did you settle or capture?
I ended up with 31 cities, including 7 that I founded on my own (4 home cities, 2 cities between Sparta and Uruk, and 1 city on the east coast between Russia and Egypt)

What did you prioritize for research and policies?
After reaching Knights and Crossbow in the first 100 turns, I focused on naval techs to get my Spanish army across the sea to Egypt and then Gunpowder->Ballistics

Did you bother with religion?
Nope

Who did you attack first and in what order did you go after your opponents?
Arabia (turns 42-50), Greece(52-65), China(83-98), Spain(83-106), India (103-127), (friends w/ Gilgabro captured Uruk on Turn 107 after it flipped independent from India previously capturing it), Egypt (by sea 125-136), France(127-135), Russia(136-142)

Were City-States helpful?
No, they were mostly in the way - I had to DoW Kandy, Mohenjo Daro and Toronto just to make things smoother

How did the new features help you?
It was fun to have to worry about loyalty flipping, and account for it by strategically using governors and a few settlers to create extra Nubian loyalty centers along the way.

Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
The only real surprise was the Mountain/City state choke points slowing access to Egypt/Russia. This might not have been as big a deal if I had actually fought Sumeria instead of leaving all of his empire but Uruk intact. To deal with it I had to go to war with some extra city states just to pass through their territory, slog through some narrow hilly choke points, and land an amphibious invasion coming across form Spain (which was already in progress even before I realized I would have to deal with choke points).

Did you enjoy the game?

Yep, fun one to play! I like easy difficulty levels that still force me out of my normal comfort zone. In this case, requiring me to go total war. I usually only wage war against my nearest neighbor or two and then turtle up for Science of Culture victory. On this map I probably would have stopped expanding after taking Cairo and Sparta, and just filled up all of the non-city state areas in that region with cities of my own. I liked the way the mountain chains split up this map. I'm also going to play it out a few more turns to get the Pyramid Scheme achievement.

Attachments

• AMANITORE 142 620 AD.Civ6Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 251
T93, 575BC

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
Capital and one other; generally, didn’t eliminate AI as I wanted gold trades for peace
- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
Research: Mining, AH, T27- Archery, Pottery, Writing, T53-HB Riding
-Build Order
Slinger, Builder, Warrior, Slingerx2, Settler, Slingerx2, Builder, Monument, Trader(g), Archer, Warriorx2, Campus, Horsemen mostly after except for Warlord Hall; other cities focused Archers
- Did you bother with religion?
No, but got Pantheon on T40
- Who did you attack first and in what order did you go after your opponents?
Arabia, and that army continued to Spain; started Sparta, forgot they wouldn’t trade gold for peace, so did a 12-turn war which wasted some time, then continued east; I didn’t find Egypt until T82
- Were City-States helpful?
Yes, for faster building, tried to use military of one to help at the end
- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
No real surprises; I didn’t build any scouts, thinking the 3 movement archers would be decent scouts, but think a scout or two would have been worth it; I did build galleys just in case there was something weird like an island and to help find AI, but really a waste of time; started attacking with 3 archers and 2 warriors toward Arabia; used Archers/Warriors, then Archers/Horsemen
- Did you enjoy the game?
Always

Attachments

• AMANITORE 93 575 BC.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 232
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom