1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM75 After Action

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Nov 14, 2019.

1. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

I can relate... reacting to the provocations is often counterproductive, but in a way, if the game can't get us to do it, its a game we get bored with quickly-

Avatan likes this.
  2. Vlad Dracula

Vlad Dracula Chieftain

Turn 350 science loss to China 2775
    - How many cities did you settle, or capture? Settled eight, captured six from Georgia, four from Indonesia, thirteen from India which was all of theirs, and three city states as well All of these were culture flips.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies? Mainly things I had boosted. I was just trying to catch up lol

- What did you build for an Army and Navy and how did it change? Navy was three ships army was a mix mostly purchased with gold and faith.

- Did you use your UU/UB? Were they useful? I built a few chateaus not sure how they helped me a bit I guess.

- What was your most useful unit? Warrior. I only fought barbs lol other than a ten-turn war with Monty

- Was diplomacy useful? Yes, very How? I made friends with all my neighbors and nobody attacked me even though I was weaker than them the entire game

- Were City-States helpful? A bit for favor and Moi Did any other civ give you a hard time about city-states? Nope

- Did religion play a role in your game? Not for me. They fought it out though lol

- What was your strategy, how did you gain your Domination VC? I went peaceful since I don’t play on this level lol

- How many cities did you take with military, how many with culture/loyalty flips? 26 flips

- How many Dark Ages and/or Golden Ages did you have? Did you have a strategy? One dark a normal and a string of goldens

- What effect did Loyalty have on your settling or conquering? None from them. How did you mitigate its effects? I had all the advantage with loyalty

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? Just the barb camp spawning things I couldn’t build. Spent almost an era fighting them. Also, I could have won a diplomatic victory, but I forgot to donate a few hundred gold to Tamar. I’ve never won a game on a level above king

- Did you enjoy your game? Yep.

Attached Files:

3. Fivethumbs

Fivethumbs Chieftain

t242 super rare deity domination win

Peaceful Ancient+Classical age, with Classical Republic gvmt to earn fast GG (or any person). Failed, as China was pumping large amounts of GG points very early.

In Medieval age Georgia DoWed me, so after killing Georgia army while defending, started conquering them slowly. Eventually went into Dark Renessaince (missed normal age by one point) so it lead to serious loyalty issues of conquered cities - had to keep weird cards in government for conquered cities not to flip:
    Spoiler Government of Happines :

GotM75_late_renessaince_government.png

Still barely made it to the new era, 1 turn to golden:
    upload_2019-12-17_22-6-28.png

With Industrial Golden age, remains of Georgia and also Khmer & Spain started flipping reasonably fast, with the help of many Spies (wasting turns most likely, but it was fun). Sent all army back to India as it was picking momentum and getting factories/science up. After taking India, all army went again back to China for final push with Artillery & Tanks.

upload_2019-12-17_22-5-54.png

Super interesting and tough game.

4. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish.

5. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Ancient Mariner Supporter

I post my final save (Domination victory t269, 2478 points (Hammurabi)) but not as a first full playthrough. I rage-quit around t145 after my army had been inundated by natural disaster for the fifth time but, after a few days thought, went back to my last autosave and played on. After a few turns (6 IIRC) I realised I had failed to make vital governmental policy changes on the autosave turn (50% upgrade discounts for gold and resource) so replayed from that autosave having made the necessary changes. I also reconfigured my governors having realised I was not getting the best from their loyalty bonuses (especially the +4 regional loyalty promotion to Victor). Having upgraded to muskets and bombards, I conquered India without major resistance, then turned to Georgia but made slow progress through the medieval walls defending all their cities. By the time I had forced my way through to the Spanish / Aztec borders, flight was available and things got significantly easier with hot air balloons spotting for siege units. Arty, bombers and Mech Inf armies rolled up the rest of the Western AI while a second force of Garde Imperiale armies dealt with Indonesia on the home continent.

I am glad I went back to the game for the satisfaction of playing it through to completion. A few observations:-

The Eleanor loyalty attribute becomes very powerful when stacked:- cities bypassed by my forces began to turn pink at a very steady rate towards the endgame.

Indonesia was the perfect target for the Garde but they are very situational AND they need resources

Melee corps and armies struggled against walled Deity AI cities. Siege and Air bombardment were essential for city capture at this stage of the game.

Level 2 military aliance with China was handy

I upgraded to the latest NVidia drivers at around the t230 stage and had serious stability issues (reported to Firaxis) over the last few turns.

Natural Disasters!!!!!!!! Normally I find them a minor inconvenence but they really got me this game

Thanks for the game, this was most challenging Civ6 game I have played.

Attached Files:

leif erikson likes this.
  6. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff