1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM80 AAR

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Feb 1, 2020.

1. TheFinalChiTown

TheFinalChiTown Chieftain

This is my first post in GOTM. I've been playing catch up the last few months (bought GS in Nov). Want to say thanks to the great community and organizers.

@Eyswein , thank you for the detailed notes on your game. Definitely eye opening to see the things you do!

- How many cities did you settle or capture? Settled 9, captured... a lot
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies? First towards writing because my cap had a great campus location, then to horseback riding for the rush. Can't remember if I waited for Maneuver to chop the horses.
    - Did you bother with religion? No.
    - How did you get your Military?? Chopped out horseman, later built heavy chariots for upgrade into knights.
    - Were City-States helpful? Yes, levied one in the late game push. Probably could have levied another one earlier.
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? More barbs than I expected. Barb quads significantly slowed the movement of my eastern army. Had to slot in the combat vs barbs policy a few more times than I would've liked. At least Gorgo gets culture from killing them.
    - Did you enjoy the game? Yes, Gorgo's a fun leader to play for a quick DV game.

Other: built the Colosseum and Forbidden city, which was, in hindsight, complete overkill.

Attached Files:

kcd_swede likes this.
  2. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Welcome to Civ6 GotM! :wavey:

Best of luck in future games and hope you teach us all a lot! :thumbsup:

3. arthur486

arthur486 Warlord

DV @ T132

Did not built a lot of infrastructure. Had a single army and sliced my way through with it. Mongols -> Brazil -> Phoenicia -> England -> Japan -> Netherlands -> Indonesia -> Mapuche -> Persia.
    Did not pay a lot of attention and just went with the flow. Made sure to get a golden classic age, as that kept loyalty in occupied capitals high.

Thank you for the game, very fun as always!

4. Vlad Dracula

Vlad Dracula Chieftain

Turn 270 dom
    How many cities did you settle or capture? Settled 8 Captured 34
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    - Did you bother with religion? No
    - How did you get your Military?? Mostly built and some faith purchases
    - Were City-States helpful? Not really. I did get a protectorate war but everyone mostly hated me already
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? Barbs were pretty frisky at the start.Killed them.
    - Did you enjoy the game?Yes.

Attached Files:

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish.