1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM86 AAR

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, May 1, 2020.

1. Chrumo

Chrumo Chieftain

DV 294

Missed about 4 VP early on since I had no idea which absurd resolutions AI will cast next.

Fun game, since the last 100 turns were pretty much just flipping the next turn, I finally could construct a beautiful Utopian civilization with seasteads and offshore wind-farms. Also exctracted ten thousand units of CO2 from the atmosphere, which I'm pretty sure should terminate life on earth.

Thanks for the game!

2. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

t302 DV, score 2107

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
    13 total, including 12 settled and 1 loyalty flipped

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    DV wonders

- Did you bother with Religion?

yes, got second one

- How did you pump your DV?

All DV wonders and techs/civics, suzerainty and 4 alliances, and later respective policy cards, Future civics, but mainly mass carbon recapture from 4 IZs.

- Were City-States helpful?

Yes.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?

I was not ready for the snail pace of Prince. Goodness me, t271 congress was 4 turns shy of the Modern era, and I had 19 points after it, I nearly abandoned at that point. Not a single emergency or scored competition, nada. A few missed points during the early votes and here's +30 turns for you. Barely avoided a CV, sold off or donated away all my great works and artifacts. At least all AI survived without much trouble and I had not to go to war.

- Did you enjoy the game?

First half - yes, very much, but after that it quickly turned into suffering.
    Thanks for the game anyway! :)

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

3. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

Diplo VC t 332 score 2144
    Like others, I lost vote at about t300.
    Played peaceful except when was declared on by others, so took Most of Gilga's, and his last city flipped to me but I refused it, and conquered it later liberating it back to Uruk. Also took a couple cities from Cyrus, including his capitol. Built a lot of CO2 capture to build up diplo favor at the end. Not much else to do but click through the turns.

How do you get through the eras faster on Prince when the AI are so slow? This one took forever and waS QUITE PAINFULLY DULL. On to the next one.

Attached Files:

4. TheFinalChiTown

TheFinalChiTown Chieftain

T272 DV
    - How many cities did you settle or capture?
    settled 13, flipped 1, captured 0.
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies? my goal was to get to global warming mitigation asap.
    - Did you bother with Religion? yes, and converted all civs except one. took choral music and world church to pump culture.
    - How did you pump your DV? 12 from world congress, 8 from techs/civics/wonders. the last 60 turns was pretty much auto-repeating carbon recapture projects. i had ~6,000 and ~10,000 diplo favor in the last two congresses, respectively.
    - Were City-States helpful? geneva was the most helpful with the peace-time science boost. hong kong helped with carbon recapture.
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? my biggest issue was avoiding a cultural victory. i had to keep all of my trade routes domestic in the late game. also couldn't stock up on great works. i was proud that i was still able to progress quickly through the culture tree because i hit almost every late-game eureka. i even built a spaceport and launched a moon landing, just for the culture.
    - Did you enjoy the game? kind of. didn't love having to wait for opportunities to earn points. it looks like some of the faster times had emergencies earlier in the game. i had two religious emergencies against me. perhaps if i hadn't spread my religion, those emergencies would've given me points.
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (33).png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  5. Spass

Spass Chieftain

DV 259
    - How many cities did you settle or capture? Settled 8 and captured also 8 (restored 3 CS, returned 4 to founder and kept one)
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies? no clear priority, science maybe and sufficient gold
    - Did you bother with Religion? yes, but it was not critcal for success
    - How did you pump your DV? secure the 7 points from wonders, have always enough gold for competitions and focus on CS missions. I was prepared to start wars to restore CS, but did not expect 300 grievance for Suleiman from the first war - burning a 1 pop city was another bad idea that he remembered for more than 100 turns - and the others as well. The second mistake was an immediate alliance with Shaka without checking the affairs on the other continent. It took again almost 100 turns to switch alliance to Saladin, Cyrus and finally Gorgo.
    - Were City-States helpful? Yes, most important I think. I had many great person missions at first which were impossible to finish quickly. At the first congress I had almost no extra votes and could only guess the result - both wrong. Later I only had to guess the majority for A or B variant correct and could then secure the points with 4 or 6 own votes.
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? I did not expect a planned DV to be so tricky on prince! The survival condition was easier than expected - I had prepared enough expeditionary forces from early on and could react quickly. Funny thing was a financial support competition for Shaka bacause I had attacked him. I voted for it and continued to free Yerevan and Susa from him. After peace I was at -2000 gold but had still enough time and gold to finish first for two points.

- Did you enjoy the game? Yes! I had started not before Saturday this weekend and managed to finish just in time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  6. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish.