1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM88 After Action

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Jun 3, 2020.

1. TheFinalChiTown

TheFinalChiTown Chieftain

T211 SV - *Not valid since I restarted after 50 turns (frustrated with the barbs!). Still thought it was a good run though.
    - How many cities did you settle, or capture? Settled 12, captured a lot.
    - Did you use your UU/UB? Were they useful? Observatory is great. The Mayan archer seems really strong as well.
    - What was your most useful unit? Probably a bunch of heavy cavalry I received from meteor showers.
    - What was your strategy, how did you gain your Science VC? Built as many high-adjacency campuses as possible, then grew every city to 10 pop to take advantage of rationalism. Also, built Big Ben and had about 12k gold once it boosted my treasury.
    - How many Dark Ages and/or Golden Ages did you have? Did you have a strategy? All golden.
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? Almost lost my whole army to a snow storm when warring Egypt! Pretty sure I lost a settler to a volcano as well ha. Oxford awarded me the flight tech, which i had fully researched except for the eureka, which an industrial wonder would have given me anyways. Very much a waste. I may not go for the flight eureka in the future.
    - Did you enjoy your game? I did. Was a little challenging trying to determine build orders, since Maya is so heavily dependent on builders. However, the resulting monster cities were fantastic. I'm interested in watching people play them in CPL.
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (37).png

Attached Files:

2. CyberBocal

CyberBocal Chieftain

Science victory at turn 323, score 1118

- Built 6 cities, captured one that made secession from Persia
    - I prioritized writing and irrigation to get the +2 boost for observarory and recorded history to get the Great Library
    - I did not build so many military units, just enough to eradicate nasty barbarian camps
    - observatories were useful with their cheap cost and their +2 bonus close to plantations
    - builder was certainly the most useful unit, especially with all these recurrent volcanic eruptions
    - I used diplomacy to sell my luxuries and keep peace with everybody
    - city states are always useful to get a few bonuses, especially for science
    - strategy was to keep a small empire with as many population I could afford. All cities had science buildings and most of them had an aqueduct. I popped many great scientists but at a too slow rate: a few ones were useless because they camed too late to get an eureka for an era in the past
    - I conquered only 1 city that was independant
    - I think I got only golden ages, except 1. I did not have any strategy about it.
    - loyalty just allowed me to militarily capture one city that revolted against Persia, thanks to the golden ages
    - the main surprise was the diplomacy score of America that raised quickly because of many assistance requests due to the high number of disasters. I was a bit worried to lose because of this, despite I preventively built the statue of liberty; Roosevelt diplomacy score was 16 at the end of the game.
    - although the end of the game was a bit repetitive as it is often the case, yes, I enjoyed my first GOTM on Civ6. When I see other players' end turn, I see that I still need to progress.

Attached Files:

3. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish.