6otM89 After Action

DV T82
Opened with slinger/settler/worker/scout/encampment and settled 3 cities. AH first then BW then going for Horseman.
Magnus X 3 then it was spamming Horsemen in my cap , GG project in 2nd city , workers and warriors in third
Got DOW from Korea as I was on my way to Congo .I planned to go for Patchuti next but a 10 tiles forest fire was too dangerous to cross so I went toward Sweden as
Half of the Congo army went toward Australia.
Patchuti was next then the last 2 Caps with Washington taken with levied units from Valetta.
Boutica saved my victory on the last turns as my Korean cap was surrounded with barbs :)

My fastest DV by far .
Thanks for this excellent game

Attachments

• SIMÓN BOLÍVAR 82 850 BC-DV.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
DomV T 132. Friends with Kristina and Poundmaker. Most done with one army of horses+swords+ram making a huge circle Kongo-Australia-Korea-Nubia-America-Poundmaker. Stokholm was the only capital taken by the second army, after fighting through a powerful barb camp.

Attachments

• domvSIMÓN BOLÍVAR 132 400 AD.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 126
Domination Victory: turn 172, score 1696

- How many cities did you settle, or capture?
ended up with 38 cities, 10 were mine (2 built very late with captured settletrs), rest captured

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
Military early on. aimed for Swordsmen.

- What did you build for an Army and Navy and how did it change?
Warriors->swordsmen. lots of light cavalry. for some reason ignored chariots/heavy cav for ages
Navy? 1 ship for a city state.

- Did you use your UU/UB? Were they useful?
nope. irrelevant.

- What was your most useful unit?
Builders. The constant disasters meant more and more builders

- Was diplomacy useful? How?
no. Warmonger = 0 diplo for the whole game.

- Were City-States helpful? Did any other civ give you a hard time about city-states?
Not really. I should have levied but ended up spending all my money on upgrading troops

- What was your strategy, how did you gain your Domination VC?
Captured Korea before walls went up, had a few problems with raging barbarian camps throwing out a constant streams of units, and mountains exploding and destroying 1/3 of my 1st army delaying everything.

- How many cities did you take with military?
26. 2 converted due to golden age pressure.

- How many Dark Ages and/or Golden Ages did you have? Did you have a strategy?
golden all the way, thoguh renaissance I made it in the last turn using my prophet to found a religion, which I had previously ignored.

- What effect did Loyalty have on your settling or conquering? How did you mitigate its effects?
lots of governers, golden ages meant I was OK.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
Disaster intensity was mad. utterly mad. so many storms, hurricanes, tornadoes.
Join war and emergencies against me, early on meant I had to play defensivly for ages with 4 of the remainingn civs all out for blood (except Teddy) I had to defend for a long time.
A cosmic storm pillaging all my libraries was funny.

- Did you enjoy your game?
yes, very much so.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0173.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish.

T239 Dom victory 1640 AD.

I finally got around to playing this game. I guess Gran Columbia got nerfed in the meantime, but it's still a very powerful dom civ with the movement bonuses and extra generals.

I guess I was slow to start my first campaign, against the Kongo, and had to call it off and go the other way (against Nubia). I ended up making friends with the Kongo for the whole game, except till the end of course ("I'll save you for last"). I could have finished this 20 turns earlier, but I renewed my friendship with the Kongo near the end without thinking about it.

thanks for game guys!

Attachments

• Gr Columbia DV t239 1640 AD.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
Top Bottom