• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

(8-21) 4UC India

Most of the base VP UUs (outside of spears and pikes) have just a stat spike + 1-2 extra simple promotions. I think most of the extra unique units are trying to do too much. Not really a good thing, since it reduces the design space of each other.

The archer could be replaced if you think of a good replacement. I had originally proposed a Sepoy fusilier to be India’s UU2, but we went with the archer because we didn’t have a unique archer yet.

I just think the bonus XP on kills is a neat idea. The yields are whatever, but that’s the thing I’m most happy with that I hope gets into the game.

The archer could be replaced if you think of a good replacement. I had originally proposed a Sepoy fusilier to be India’s UU2, but we went with the archer because we didn’t have a unique archer yet.

I just think the bonus XP on kills is a neat idea. The yields are whatever, but that’s the thing I’m most happy with that I hope gets into the game.
I don't think we need to replace the UU, an archer is fine, but the power space of such early UUs needs to reigned in.

A stronger archer with the +5 XP on kills is already interesting, it both means that your ranged units will level much faster than normal, but it also changes the core style of war (often you use your archers to soften a target than the melee finishes it, whereas with india you often want to do it the opposite way to get more Xp.

Top Bottom