900 AD To-Do List

TheViking

The world is not enough
Ministry of Domestic Affairs 900 AD "To-Do List"

Build marketplace in EF and VM when the have finished what they are building now and caravans in RF and LP. There were greatly divided options between poll options G1 and G2 - this represents a compromise. Rush buy this stuff or at least hurry it. Eventual goal: Marketplaces in all cities on our main continent ASAP.

Rush buying lots of settlers was controversial but it recceived a majority of votes. There are some timing issues (the desire to found cities in the colonies ASAP, a city building a settler that then needs to build a trireme to ferry settlers etc.) that weren't explained very clearly (if at all ;)), also IMO they should already have been rush bought. I found a compromise invloving the rush buying two settlers immediately instead of four. This does not delay the founding of new cities but delays terrain improvement slightly.

The 7 settlers will be built in RF, LP, EF, Nae, FW, Ipec and Igl. The RF, LP, Ipec and Igl settlers will found cities C1 to C4 (use exactly these settlers because these cities are not as well prepared to support settlers as EF, Nae and FW). Of these, the Ipec and Igl settlers should probably head north (to BP) on FW's future trireme and the RF and LP west (near FJ) on BS's future trireme. Actually it will be a Nae settler that founds a city to speed things up but Ipec's settler should be rehomed in Nae !

Use the BP settler to clear the jungle at city site C4 and the FJ settler to improve the terrain near FJ per previous plans. Exactly where to found C2 and C3 depends on what exploration reveals but the location of C1 and C4 should be clear (see this thread for maps).

Deliver Dou's Gold caravan in RF per Tim's suggestion

Deliver the caravans from Ipec, Naer, FW, Igl, EF, LP, BS (these particular cities have no trade routes) in Dou but use the other caravans to build Issac Newton's College there.

The tax recommendations in 900 AD and 940 AD assume tax option A3 from the tax/science poll; make the appropriate adjustments if another option gets the highest number of votes.

The Ministry of Domestic Affairs recommends this (plus the actions above that are not listed below because timing them in advance is too difficult):

900 AD
Set tax=50%, science=20%
Eliminate Elvis in Neu (the trade route makes this possible)
Switch to harbor in Berlin Barbfarm and rush buy it now
Rush buy a caravan in LC
Rush buy bank in Dou
Rush buy settlers in FW and Naer. FW because it must then start and rush buy a trireme ASAP and Naer because it will board the trireme
Switch to trireme in BS
Change production to diplomat in BP and FJ
Send the diplomat towards Berlin to check if there are barbarians to bribe

920 AD
Berlin builds harbor, start temple or diplomat
LC builds caravan, start another one
Dou builds bank, start caravan
FW and Naer build settlers. Start trireme in FW and caravan in Naer. FW's settler should improve terrain, Naer's found a city.
Rush buy trireme in BS
Rush buy settlers in LP and Ipec
Igl builds caravan, starts settler

940 AD
Set tax=20%, science=50%
LP, Ipec, EF, RF build settlers. RF, LP settlers found cities on the western continent, Ipec and EF settlers improve terrain
BS build trireme, it should rendezvous with the RF and LP settlers.
Rush buy caravan in Dou, start harbor or Isaac Newton's College if enough caravans to finish it in 960 AD
Rush buy trireme in FW

960 AD
FW's trireme heads towards Igl. At the time Naervana's settler arrives there Igl should have finished a settler that together with the Nae settler board the trireme and head for BP.

980 AD
Rehome Ipec's settler in Nae when it passes through that city on its way to the western cities

Note: I realize this plan may be rather complex and maybe too detailed. Feel free to make some adjustment (or correct errors that are ineviatble in a plan that extends 4 turns into the future ;)). My highest priority is to get settlers to our colonies ASAP (reason: get the new cities to size 3 before celebratin next if possible) and this I think we can easily accomplish thanks to the big amount of cash we have. Also highly important is finishing building 7 settlers ASAP and to rush buy some caravans and marketplaces as our cash allows. And building a wonder, the list seems infinite...

I like these to-do lists:goodjob:
I use them instead of a calendar in real life and have a file on my desktop called "to do.txt" where I keep everything I have to do the next week or so.

Top Bottom