A beginner's expierience with Civ 5

JamesCaesar

People-Vulture
Hey. JamesCaesar here. Some of you may know me from the Civ 4 S&T. I got a computer and Civ 5 for Christmas and decided to make a story along with it. So, any suggestions for a noob?

Ok, I know somebody is seeing this, so any suggestions?

What suggestions?

I would realy like if you make this story have a history book style, like your egyptian story in civ4.

Also i forgot: Subbed.

If you mean gameplay suggestions then try to research and built the Great wall as fast as you can, while at the same time try to built at least 3 settlers, 1 worker and 2 warriors. Also until you have a strong military power try to be friendly to all other civs. Also if you want a powerfull civ play as Greece.

I beleive that greece is one of the most powerfull civs because ( except the reason that i am greek. :p):

1) It has some realy strong units that are also early. And other civs have some very good units ( like Japan) but most of them come from the medeival era. So you can take over at least 2 civs in an early era.

2) If i remeber well Greek trait is that you make city states, more easy, allies. With the city states supporting you you can win a war against even a stronger enemy.

3) It is more easy to win a diplomacy victory.

Yeh, I played a test run as the Romans and figured Spearman are good early on. So, the Greeks seem good for that. I also liked the towns having their own defense, so you don't waste unit costs in your own towns.

I would like to see an earth map. Some of the moded earth maps are realy good.

lurker's comment: Just popping in to say that I'd love to see an actual story start for once. Ever since Unbound and The Philosopher Kings ended, there has been essentially zero story activity :(

And they were both by the same person...

There is a chance this will be a full stroy, but I am not that good at sticking with stories because of my short attention span.

its tough to manage game elements for victory while starting it from a story perspective unless you dont mind writing a tragedy. i've never read one where the story ends in a game loss (getting conquered), but that might be interesting if done in a particularly historic voice.

Greek tragedies, Shakespearian histories/tragedies/dramas, etc. except you dont have to play Greece or England, haha.

(from a game perspective, most of mine would be comedies cuz they are that bad :))

Top Bottom