A bunch of questions from a clueless C3 player

JVK

Chieftain
See how many of these you can answer:

Mind you I have the extra crappy Game of the Year Edition which seems to be WORSE than the original.

1) The combat system seems glitchy. No matter how many times I save and load a game, the results of a given battle are the EXACT same. That doesn't make sense given that combat is a random number type thing.

2) My units don't have the option to airlift. Just the really lame Air Drop option.

3) What's a good savegame editor program compatible with the latest version of C3?

4) Is there any way to make your own civilization that has all the attributes? I'd much rather this than straight up cheating.

5) How do I make new units?

3) it should of came with civ III conquests

4) use the editor

5) use the editor

1) Combat is random, yes. But for each particular battle, the Random Number Generator (RNG) uses a basic number, the seed, to base its calculations on. If the seed stays the same, the outcome of the battle will be the same as well. By default, the RNG reuses the same seed if you load a game. That's why the combat results always stay the same.
You can tell the program to use a different seed each time you load a game and refight a battle. It's in the options screen before you create a new game. You can't change it in-game however, you need to start a new game.
Or, you can fight your battles in a slightly different order.

1) The phenomenon you are referring to is caused by an option at the start of the game called "preserve random seed". It is there to prevent constant reloads if you don't like the outcome of a battle. To prevent this from happening agian, uncheck the box when you start a new game.

1)This was ansered by Brewster & Frollo

2)Units don't have airlift. You need Airports or Air fields for airlift. Place a unit on the same tile as an air field or in a city with an airport and you will get the airlift icon; but only one unit per airport or air field.

3)Check the Utillies thread on this site; look for CivMulti tool.

4)I don't think there is a way to increase the number of attributes a Civ has.

5)I assume you mean add new units to the game. There are posts in the Tutorial Thread that will tell you how. If you mean create entirely new units, check Customization & creation for this one.

In response to #4. If you go into the editor you can change the attributes for any civ. Open up the editor and then open the BIC or BIX, depending on Civ or PTW. click on civilizations and you should see a list of civs. choose the civ you want to edit and then put a check in all the box if that is what you so desire.

NOTE: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FILE BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES.

Originally posted by syndicatedragon
4) I don't see how this isn't "cheating"?
It is unsporting; but IMHO it isn't cheating unless you do it in a MP or PBM game and don't give your human opponents the same advantage. :( The Man should be able to do anything he wants against the machine. :lol:

Originally posted by JVK
2) My units don't have the option to airlift. Just the really lame Air Drop option.

first, only 1 airlift per airport per turn, i assume you already lifted one at one airport, and then moved a paratrooper to the same airport, i haven't gotton to the paratroopers yet, but theycan airdrop infinite times from one airport

Top Bottom