A clock on the Desktop?

vbraun

Raytracing
Anyone know where I can find a clock that goes on the Desktop for Windows?

I have a spot above Rainlander that just calls for a cool looking digital clock. :)

ainwood said:
YOu have a couple of options. First (and best) option would be Konfabulator - it has hundreds of little desktop gadgets. Unfortunately, its not free ($USD 25). Other than that, try ObjectDock - the clock is there, but its not the purpose of the program.
I've used ObjectDock before but at one time all of my shortcuts disapeared. :mad:

I wonder if I can convince my parents to let me get Konfabulator. :hmm:

vbraun said:
I wonder if I can convince my parents to let me get Konfabulator. :hmm:
I checked, and its only $20.

You can get a two-week free trial. Its actually a front-end for 100's of little programs for everything from organisers to live stock or weather reports. Clocks is on thing they have - 105 of them according to the downloads page!

ainwood said:
I checked, and its only $20.

You can get a two-week free trial. Its actually a front-end for 100's of little programs for everything from organisers to live stock or weather reports. Clocks is on thing they have - 105 of them according to the downloads page!
So are you saying it would be worth forking over the $20?

Isnt there already a digital clock on the start bar? Also $20 is way too much if you only be using the clock feature. Search around some more for a free one if, for some reason, the start bar clock is not enough.

Cedric Greene said:
Isnt there already a digital clock on the start bar? Also $20 is way too much if you only be using the clock feature. Search around some more for a free one if, for some reason, the start bar clock is not enough.
After looking at a lot of the widgets last night I could probably use a lot more then that. The Start bar clock is not enough because I have Rainlander and their is room just above it to throw in a cool big digital clock.
shadowdude said:
Stardock's Desktopx has a few clocks IIRC
That costs money also. :(

shadowdude said:
not the free version, although the free version has a splash screen at start up.
It appears to only be a free trial. And I'm trying to stay away from Stardock, I have enough of their stuff on my computer.

vbraun said:
So are you saying it would be worth forking over the $20?
Hard to say. I've got a few of them running at the moment just to trial it - I do think its pretty good, especially in terms of the quality of the graphics. I might try a few more later.

The only problem I've noticed is that for a while my internet connection was slow, although it seems much better now. Try it for yourself and decide - but if you're trying to convince your parents, why not find a few things they'd be interested in? Stock prices, sports results, weather, movie times....

ainwood said:
Hard to say. I've got a few of them running at the moment just to trial it - I do think its pretty good, especially in terms of the quality of the graphics. I might try a few more later.
I just started playing around with it. These things are pretty cool. I could definatly fill my desktop with these, and my desktop has been needing some new things. I recently cleaned off my entire Desktop.

ainwood said:
The only problem I've noticed is that for a while my internet connection was slow, although it seems much better now. Try it for yourself and decide - but if you're trying to convince your parents, why not find a few things they'd be interested in? Stock prices, sports results, weather, movie times....
There's no way my parents are going to use this, heck they don't even use Firefox (My Dad's excuse is that it didn't print 1 page right :rolleyes: ).

Do you have any idea how long the trial lasts for?

What is wrong with the little clock in the top right or bottom right hand corner? It gives the ti9me and has worked for me for, well, ever.

Then couldn't you make some kinda Flash Desktop that had a BIG clock in it, y'know, that took uip the whole screen?

Or, here's a concept, get a REAL clock, and put it beside your computer! :p

Padma said:
I know you know this, vbraun, but I just had to point out that the stuff you're looking for is all *free* on the KDE desktop in Linux, running SuperKaramba. ;)
The only problem with that is that I have to reboot my computer into Linux, and then when I want to play a game I have to reboot it to Windows.

Plus I use Gnome. :D

Top Bottom