A cultural Victory with Napoleon

Tiphereth

Chieftain
Hello.

I'm playing right now a cultural game with Napoleon, and I was wondering how use his UA.

+2 in culture by cities seems to me powerful, but I found it was difficult to combine culture and wars to puppet other civs and have benefit of the UA.

So, I would like to have your opinion on that, and know how you play with Napoleon for a cultural victory. How many cities (I don't like have other no-puppet cities in cultural victory, but with Napoleon I'm wondering if it could be a good thing to have some cities), what policies (honor and autocracy are not the first choices for a cultural victory, but with Napoleon and his UA...), what is your fist techs, etc.

Thanks. : )

napoleon is actually not that great for culture VC. His UA strongly incentivizes early expansion, helping to keep the early policies coming in quickly even while expanding. However, in the long run, that is not a good plan for a culture victory. +2 per city is not enough to overcome the increase in policy costs in the late game, and you lose the +2 in the late game anyways. I would suggest a more "REXy" style with a science, diplomatic or domination goal.

For culture games I would recommend Egypt (wonders), Siam (culture CS), or Korea (artists & landmarks provide science)

*cough* cultural victory with 26 annex`ed cities in my signatur *cough*

very impressive game...there's your answer OP. Go for the warmongering culture vic. Too often when I think "culture vic" I think "peaceful wonder builder", while that really does not have to be the case.

It's pretty straight forward. Early fast expansion to 3 or 4 cities then take a crap ton of puppets. Swords - Ls - Rifles - FL is your go to unit line. It's the tech path and build choices in your core cities that takes a bit of thought. You want to keep the tech edge so you can stay conquering but you also want to open all of the powerful culture techs and wonders etc... There are many ways to go about this I expect.

It's pretty straight forward. Early fast expansion to 3 or 4 cities then take a crap ton of puppets. Swords - Ls - Rifles - FL is your go to unit line. It's the tech path and build choices in your core cities that takes a bit of thought. You want to keep the tech edge so you can stay conquering but you also want to open all of the powerful culture techs and wonders etc... There are many ways to go about this I expect.

I'd say yes, based on the map. Liberty, Tradition, Freedom are your 3 core policy trees. Choose 2 more based on map conditions. IE if surrounded by city states, consider Patronage. Its important to get a strong economy up and running so you can afford RAs to stay ahead in tech and also to gift to CS if you go that way.

Top Bottom