A Diplomatic Story Telling FFA.

now as the wheels in my head are working. this diplo thing w/ a secretary general how is this gonna help me or anyone in early game when you havent meet the other players yet. if me and turjo are close to each other in early game i focus on an army he doesnt there is no way you can save him or attack me. WE HAVENT MEET EACH OTHER IN GAME YET.

they have xmas in beijing?

:D

going back to US to meet family. 1st XMAS with family in 6 years.

As to early annihilation rushing/ protection from UN vs rushing, I think that it would have to be a gentleman's agreement not to do such things (especially since this is supposed to be a diplo game to spurn stories). A quick out of a member due to conquest might set up somebody as the "Attila" of the world (and indeed might even be a good story), but not really fun for the person who is outs. A partial/limited conquest though in the early game where the player becomes a "vassal" yet works for their freedom by meeting and gaining support of other "good" superpowers is always fodder for an interesting tale.

I myself wouldn't play this game to destroy anyone else (if I even had the ability to vs other players which is always a concern for somebody who has never played multiplayer), but like OP secondsaber87 stated play as "No wars of annihilation, but rather wars for certain cities, locations, resources, proxy wars, etc."

I deffinitly want to join I did this once in hotseat with 6 friends was a great experience...

So I have a little bit experience with those kind of rules

However I dont know wich level you are going to play I usally play at king or even emperor So if yo u are looking for a expert player that plays deity thats not me but I do like the idee

If you still search people I am in I live in europe So maybe time can become A issue (different time)

Its a feature coming soon to civ5 that allows you to host a game on a server and everyone has a day to make their turns

Come on guys. I think putting this off until the release of Pitboss is ridiculous. They've been promising Pitboss forever and even as of now, 2K Greg says it's many months away. We have six or seven players here that are ready to go. Are we really going to sit around until June waiting for them to release this?

Let's start a game right after the patch comes out and play on standard speed. We'll be done before Pitboss is released.

I think pitboss is going to be very useful in these types of games, but I'm ready to start when the patch comes out.

alright. I would like to commit to game if you guys will have me :)

I'll just have to pick up PBEM as I go. Can't be too hard right! Does anyone care though if the start is after jan 15th when I am back from holidays? If you guys can't wait that long than I understand that and will follow this thread as a lurker (grieving for lost chances).

Ok then No matter when it starts and how it will be donne I will make sure I will have the software and be ready I really want to play this game with you guys

I think that most people involved wanted to wait for the patch to be released. Now that it has been released, I'm ready to start anytime.

Ive decided for my part I want to wait for pitboss for the endeavor. Im too busy with other civ duties, like admin at civplayers or other things currently.

Has anyone heard if pitboss is even on a roadmap for Civ V and a possible release date?

Top Bottom