A few noobish questions for the C2C mod.

demmalition1

Chieftain
Hey, I'm currently playing through my 1st full game after fixing some bug issues that I had. I'm pretty far into the game right now, and I have a few questions that have popped up over the course of the game.

1. What triggers a "Council of Vienna" election? I gleaned from the Civilopedia that it has to do with war, but is there a specific trigger? My current game has me, France w/ vassal Germany, and Aztecs w/ vassal China.

2. My current quest involves an "Overwhelming Armada" of carriers, destroyers, fighters, and battleships. My military might is ~5x that of the closest competitor and I have 12 destroyers, 12 battleships, 3 old carriers with 6 prop. naval fighters each, and 3 modern carriers with 8 early jet fighters each. I also have the Manhatten Project WW, but no trigger or specified number of units is shown under the "quests" tab in the journal.

3. I gave up building the armada and used it to invade a neighboring barbarian continent (large Terra map). They have a city of 8 population and ~20 or so units scattered throughout the area with 12 inside the city. My navy has been bombarding them nonstop with fighters and shells, but no deaths, destruction, or population loss to the city is occurring. The fighters stop doing attack runs when enemy units get to 1/2 health and my invasion force of Patton/Rommel/snipers/flamers/BB arty/RR arty is doing squat.
3a-My battleships and destroyers are missing more often than not, what's up with that?
3b-Is there a way to have EVERY fighter bomb at once or am I stuck to *click fighter*, *press "s"*, *click tile*, repeat? Can they do more than 1/2 damage?
3c-Is there a more efficient way of doing this?

4. What triggers advanced corporation spawn? I and 3 others have the "Corporation" tech, but no spawning (not by GPs from what I gather in the description). Do they need the techs for the specific corporations as well?

My save is 3.09 mb, so no upload direct to here (>2.0 mb cap) unless I can find a way to go through Google Drive.

Finally, GREAT MOD, keep up the awesome work!

You can. Zip your save and upload it to Google drive. We have 15gb of storage now.

People generally compress their saves into .zip, .7z or .rar

WinRAR is one freeish program you can use, I think another is called 7z.

I didnt look at everything there, sorry, ADHD, too long for me, but other C2C modders will advise.

Have you looked in the BUG options, one of them listed there is how much damage you can inflict on a city/unit??

You are not supposed to be able to take a city just via ranged bombard. Bombarding weakens the defenders (and occasionally destroys a building, I think). After doing it a bit, you have to send in an actual army to take the city from the weakened defenders.

Likewise, air units can't actually kill anything, only damage it. There might be some late units that can, but I wouldn't count on it. Use them to weaken the targets and then use a real combat unit of some sort to go kill them.

Also, to get a specific corp you have to have the tech that enables the corp. This is true whether or not you have "realistic spread" on. That changes how they show up and spread, but not the requirements.

Thanks for answering #3.

What about 1, 2, and 4? I guess numbers 1 and 4 are that they need the tech for the "Council of Vienna," and a tech for the specific corporation as well and not just the "Corporations" tech itself outright?

Is there a file I can dive into that would show me the specific number of ships to build for the quest, since it is not showing up in the logs tab marked quests?

4. iirc three nations need to have met the requirements for a corporation to found itself. It is not an option I play with.

2. There is no question in this so I can't answer it.

Top Bottom