A few simple questions

mo123567

Worst modder ever!
Hello. I am playing my 1st game of RFE. It had been awhile since I had last played CIV4. I had been playing FF and before that FFH. RFE is a great addition to the FFH mod universe.

I do have a few questions that may be differences in this version or I simply forgot since last time I played. I put forth a little effort to find the info in the game and in this forum but I'm sure the answers are out there and I just missed them.

I am the Amurites - good - ROK

1. How do I remove haunted lands?

2. How do I remove blizzards?

3. How do I remove hell terrain? I've removed some with sanctify but some tiles haven't changed after 15-20 turns of casting sanctify. These tiles are in my borders and Hyborem has been defeated and removed from the game.

4. I don't have "require complete kills" turned on. I've noticed some civs hang on with no cities just by occupying a fort. That's not a big problem, but now I just defeated the Hippus and their vassel the Cuali. I see no cities, forts or even units anywhere and yet they won't disappear from the game.

Hello. I am playing my 1st game of RFE. It had been awhile since I had last played CIV4. I had been playing FF and before that FFH. RFE is a great addition to the FFH mod universe.

I do have a few questions that may be differences in this version or I simply forgot since last time I played. I put forth a little effort to find the info in the game and in this forum but I'm sure the answers are out there and I just missed them.

I am the Amurites - good - ROK

1. How do I remove haunted lands?

2. How do I remove blizzards?

3. How do I remove hell terrain? I've removed some with sanctify but some tiles haven't changed after 15-20 turns of casting sanctify. These tiles are in my borders and Hyborem has been defeated and removed from the game.

4. I don't have "require complete kills" turned on. I've noticed some civs hang on with no cities just by occupying a fort. That's not a big problem, but now I just defeated the Hippus and their vassel the Cuali. I see no cities, forts or even units anywhere and yet they won't disappear from the game.

Technically, it's RifE, not RFE. Better acronym, as it's one you can say easier. :p

As for the questions...

1. Dispel Magic. So Metamagic 2.
  2. Not sure if you can or not; They fade naturally, however. I'll check if there's an active method of removal.
  3. Sanctify should work; Can you post a save where it's not? May have gotten messed up in the last patch, as the method that handles conversion changed quite a bit.
  4. Generally, it's the forts. If you get me a save I can see what's going on with the hippus though.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried uploading my save but I got a message saying that the size limit for this type of file is 2Mb. My save is 2.44Mb.

I guess I can look around in the world builder for those missing Hippus and Cuali survivers.

After using sanctify on some various hell terrain, it seems that it only works if there are no improvements or maybe only certain improvements on the tile.

I searched for the Hippus and Cuali civilizations with the world builder and I can't find any city, fort or unit anywhere, yet they still appear on the civ list and go to war with other civs. I finally just made peace with them.

I wish there was a way to destroy blizzards. I had one right on top of my most important city that would just not go away.

My current game is finished because at turn 894 the game crashes every time I try to end the turn. I wish I could post the save but it's too big, which may be the problem. I started with all available civs in the game and 3 more showed up.

Maybe I'll start a new game soon. Thanks for all the effort on your mod. It's nice to see that there is still some active development in the CIV4 FFH mod universe. I've become addicted to new features even if it comes at the price of a few bugs. I've been playing this game for years and I'm still able to try something new with every game.

I wish there was a way to destroy blizzards. I had one right on top of my most important city that would just not go away.

Suggestion to Valk and the RiFe team: What about allowing Fair Winds to remove the Blizzards? the spell is only marginally useful anyway and it seems logical that controlling the winds would allow you to calm down a Blizaard.

After using sanctify on some various hell terrain, it seems that it only works if there are no improvements or maybe only certain improvements on the tile.

I searched for the Hippus and Cuali civilizations with the world builder and I can't find any city, fort or unit anywhere, yet they still appear on the civ list and go to war with other civs. I finally just made peace with them.

My current game is finished because at turn 894 the game crashes every time I try to end the turn. I wish I could post the save but it's too big, which may be the problem. I started with all available civs in the game and 3 more showed up.

Maybe I'll start a new game soon. Thanks for all the effort on your mod. It's nice to see that there is still some active development in the CIV4 FFH mod universe. I've become addicted to new features even if it comes at the price of a few bugs. I've been playing this game for years and I'm still able to try something new with every game.

Have them become your vassal. If the computer has no units, it will almost always capitulate. Then they count towards conquest at least.

Invisible treasure chests are another thing that will keep civs active. Look for them in the world builder, they're typically located on small islands or in the polar regions.

Invisible treasure chests are another thing that will keep civs active. Look for them in the world builder, they're typically located on small islands or in the polar regions.

I forgot to check for those. I bet that's what it is. That will come in handy when I start another game. Thanks.

Well, technically 'RFE' is very pronounceable. 'RifE' might just be less alien (at least for English speakers) to pronounce and/or read.

And it helps that it's one syllable. RFE is three unless you pronounce it like Rife. Or there is some french thing I don't understand :p

You can pronounce 'RFE' with only one syllable or even two. But that's nothing like English :)

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll try asking my next possibly stupid question here. Stupid because I probably should've looked around the forum more for an answer.

I am now trying a game as the Mechanos. No major issues. It's going really well. I have tried turning a few castles into "mobile fortresses". They lose their culture radius and become stronger but they aren't mobile. The unit has a movement of 1 but I can't move it at all. Are they supposed to be mobile?

You should indeed have searched the forums xD. Mobile fortresses move only on railroads, which you can build as soon as you get refined mana (your palace gives some), and you've researched the right tech (engineering I think).

I asked the same question when I first started, and so did about 3 other people xD.

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll try asking my next possibly stupid question here. Stupid because I probably should've looked around the forum more for an answer.

I am now trying a game as the Mechanos. No major issues. It's going really well. I have tried turning a few castles into "mobile fortresses". They lose their culture radius and become stronger but they aren't mobile. The unit has a movement of 1 but I can't move it at all. Are they supposed to be mobile?

It should say on the unit "Route Native Railroad". I'll make sure it does, and probably rephrase it so it's clearer... But it means they can only move on Railroads. Which IIRC require Steel, Refined Mana, and Engineering.

Top Bottom