-a few simple questions-

doolally

pxlcrow
-i've been scouring the War Academy and can't seem to find answers to the questions i have. i think they must be so obvious and simple that it's assumed everyone knows already and no one bothers to lay them out explicitly.

-so, sorry if i've missed then somewhere:

1. How do you tell which towns are going to riot by checking F1?

2. I've been reading lots of Succession games and noticed sometimes players unhook iron for a time. why do they do that?

3. How do you check any GPT deals you may have active? ditto for lux trade deals?

4. Is there an easy way to manage the tightrope between luxuries and the lux slider? for example: if i hook up furs, do i just drop the lux slider 1 notch? or raise it a notch if i lose a luxury connection? is there a more precise way to see the effects of having luxuries hooked up?

5. If i have a GPT deal and the Civ breaks it can i attack them without a hit to my reputation?

-that's all i can think of for now.

-advTHANKSance

-dool

1. If there are more unhappy citizens than happy citizens (not content citizens), then the next turn the city will go into civil disorder.

2. They may be trying to build alot of veteran warriors and then upgrade them when they get more gold. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

3. Go to the Foreign Advisor screen. Then on the right hand side of the screen, select the 'details' tab. Then select the Civ you want and it shows you al active deals with that Civ.

4. I never really use the lux. slider, sorry.

5. As long as you delcare an 'honorable' war.

1) Read Homeyg's #1

2) To unhook iron, use a soldier to pillage the tile.

3) If you dont have PtW or Conquests, you cannot do what homeyg said, so what you must do is open diplomacy and click "active" at the bottom of the screen.

4) It's more of a case by case thing. The two luxery methods are independant of each other

5) make sure no troops are in their lands, and no deals are going on at all, then its probably safe.

1. Happy citizens must be equal to or more than unhappy.

2. Leo's workshop gives cheaper upgrade cost. A spearman/warrior can be produced cheap and fast while giving cheap upgrade costs.

I have seen the AI attack me a turn or two after iron has been hooked up. I reloaded and canceled roading the iron tile, and the AI did not attack...

3. Go to the page that has the portraits of each civ. For c3c and ptw(gold) click on the far right tab then single click on a civ. This will show the trade. If you are using civ 3, double click on the portrait and click on the word current or trade(I think). This shows the trade deal and number of turns left. If there are no turns left then the deal can be canceled now.

4. This question is a bit complex. The luxary slider is effected by corruption where luxaries are not effected by corruption. Particually if a city goes WLKD and corruption is reduced or if you are very much above or below your OCN which is related to corruption rates. Also, happy people are related to your score... also do not forget about culture flipping... I can't give a simple answer...

5. The rep hit will go both ways and I think some civs sell off harbors or pillage roads with the purpose of interrupting your trade. On the turn after the trade is broke, declare war and do not enter that civs land. On the next turn, enter their land.

-great! thanks for the replies, friendlies! i have a much clearer idea of things now. and i'm running Civ3: Conquests with the latest patch so i do have access to the menus you describe.

-cheers!

Top Bottom