a little tip......

David In Asia

Chieftain
maybe some of you know this, but i found it on the net somewhere earlier and i think it's a goody (although i haven't tried it yet!)

if you want to hurry a wonder, choose the most expensive (in production points) improvement/unit that you can, rush buy it, then change to the wonder you want - hey presto, some shields towards your wonder.

the guy who wrote this said he'd only tried it on civ II - anyone know if it works on Civ III?

go on, now tell me it's the most common tip ever!! ;)

also, before i came to this forum, i used apolyton, which has it's fair share of dickheads, but strangely, people would constantly criticise this forum. why? this is one of the most friendliest forums i've used. ah well....

d

thanks to hakan eriksson

In civ3, if you have rushed any shields, or gained any shields by chopping down forests, that city cannot change it's production to a wonder. So that exploit does not work in civ3.

As far as Apolyton is concerned, I haven't really visited that site, but from what I've heard people say about that site, it is the same as you feel about several of the posters over there. CFC tries to discourage flame wars more than other sites do (although it does happen, but nowhere near as bad or as often). Of course, most sites I have seen like to criticize other similar sites. Some people think the site they prefer is the best in the world and any competing sites are terrible (like having a favorite sports team, where you think your team is the best).

Originally posted by David In Asia
also, before i came to this forum, i used apolyton, which has it's fair share of dickheads, but strangely, people would constantly criticise this forum. why? this is one of the most friendliest forums i've used. ah well....
A lot of the oldies here don't like poly much too. :) The feeling's mutual.

what I like to do is something similar though:

while researching a tech that will let you build a wonder, I start building Palace and then switch to the wonder after it becomes available. not technically rushing a job, but does cut down on how long it takes you to build a wonder after it becomes available, and also puts you ahead of rivals who seem to get techs as soon as you do...

Top Bottom