A massive glitch/error regarding map settings when i start a new game

hashi_lebwhol

Chieftain
I have finished one game now of civ 5 and that worked fine. But now when I make a new game, no matter what settings I choose, it always gives me a tiny map and only an opponent or two. what the hell. The only thing it gives me is the civilisation and thats it...I cant really add any more details because thats all that happens now.

So how do I fix this extremely gay problem so I can actually play another game of civ?

oh i see, didnt notice it before that when you havent explored much it only shows a tiny area on the mini map.

but when i tried a scenario, the game went spastic. i didnt click anything and it just moved the units etc on its own lol and ended the turns and stuff

so basically when you start the game the map is just the surrounding area? then as your explore it gets bigger?...this is odd because i tried playing arhicpelego yesterday and the 'island' it started me on was huge..like a continent! it seems that no matter what map i select it just gives me the 2 massive continent maps...this happened today as well...i selected the 2 continents map (just 2 huge landmasses) but ended up with one huge landmass and 2 smaller ones on the edge of both sides of the map

I've had issues like that with the map also, have chosen "tiny islands" and "small continents" and been given one supercontinent.

Very annoying because I usually play on marathon, and it takes around 2 hours of gameplay before you can even get exploring the coastline sometimes, particularly if you have raging barbarians to deal with early on.

Still fun though.

Top Bottom