A Moors Game

Here's the statistics. Galleys and triremes are worth 25:gold: each, caravels 30:gold:. I didn't sink any galleons, and I don't remember whether I got any :gold: from sinking the workboat.

Edit: the codes say it's half of the base production cost for each type of ship.

Blockade :gold: counts toward the goal, while pillaging :gold: doesn't.

Ultimate piracy! 108 triremes :eek:. Does AI spam them trirems because of losses or in spite of? It's only 1480!

Losses. They try to maintain a certain level of navy strength. Make sure every ship is sunk as soon as they leave port, in this way AIs get to build more ships and you get to sink more.

You can also send some corsairs to Asia(Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean), there should be a lot of (Mughal/indie, Indonesian, Japanese) triremes to sink.

You also get to sink quite a few ships before wiping out the Portuguese.

I get to finish in 1480 because prerequisite techs for corsairs are Gunpowder and Optics, which becomes available rather early. If it were Astronomy, I can imaging the winning date being 15~20 turns later, during the late 16th century. Meanwhile, not in every game can you get Optics from Arabia, so I consider this game to be a bit lucky.

Sounds like fun the Moors,

Mughals is fun and workable if you play from 600, however with autoplay the Indians often still exist, making your flipzone smaller (usually 3 cities) and often the indians have a load of troops though somewhat outdated. I do prefer Autoplay as it makes the game more diverse.

If you play the Moors, you might be first Carthage as literally their entire domain becomes Moors region later, you'll be able to build up Carthage maybe even build the Great Cothon there. Sadly I never seen Carthage survive, their domains are just totally overlapped by Moors, they Literally lose everything...

I found the Aztec fun to play and got till 1900 (7 cities) so far now, you just need to meet a european (my case the english) before they meet you. No conquistadors appeared in my region, after i met them first :p So I was prepared for nothing... The Incas seem to be nigh impossible, with only 1 city flip... Mayas i haven't tried yet but 3 cities, might be a tad to little to manage.

I personally prefer a standard start so the strategy is more repeatable. Also I play scenarios that are closest to the spawn dates of the civs for shorter loading time. These are personal preferences, to each his own.

But I recommend you to play the development version of the game. There are a lot of elements added into the game since the official release of the 1.12 package.

Ah that explains the different civics look, I assume 1.12 saves don't work anymore then.

Top Bottom