A New Era.

Germnoble

Warlord
From the mists of time, they emerged, destined to be great warriors, leaders, thinkers.. a truly great people. Though many would try to stop them, many would try to quell their spirits and destroy them, they would not be denied their divine right.

They were loved, hated, mocked and conspired against, but against all odds, they overcame.

This is the story of a proud people, of a grand Journey, of a New Era!

Flashy intro out of the way. Let's begin.

Stats:
Spoiler :

Difficulty: Prince
Map: Continents, 8 civs/16 city states.
Speed: Standard
Resources: Standard
AI Civs: Recently I purchased all the DLC civs, so I have all the civs now (Up to Denmark), on Random. Even I'll be surprised!

The people were tired, for the journey was long and hard, over much treacherous land. As the small caravan stopped for a rest, the great and powerful leader rode to the head of the pack, his head held high, he pulled from his scabbard his sword and heaved it upward, pointing to the sun, his people looked upon him as they would a God.

Spoiler :

"My people, the journey ends here! We will, from this humble point begin our rise to absolute power! Come, let us set up our encampments and never again wander in such aimless fashion. We will instead have the aimless wander to us! To our great land of Greece!"

The people rejoiced and looked upon all that was made theirs by his decree, it was to be a humble beginning.

Spoiler :

Then, the mighty Alexander looked on as the new Capital was constructed, as he took it all in, the beginning of his dreams and conquests and the joy upon his peoples faces. He smiled, and a tear crept down his face. The people then called for a name, and Alexander, taking the first steps from his new palace and looking over his people was suddenly overcome with joy. He raised his hands to the cheering masses and they grew silent. Alexander then spoke, booming and powerful were his words.

"My people, we will name this city for the Goddess Athena, for she is kind and her words of wisdom have allowed me to lead this great people to such an accomplishment. Behold! For as we are Greeks, those who reside here in Athens, are Athenians and the grandest people in our empire! Come now, let us construct a Monument in honour of the Gods!"

Spoiler :

And so a new Era, had begun! (To be continued.)

Yes something while waitng for maltz!

As Alexander rested, recovering from the feast that was thrown in his honour after the foundation of Athens one of his advisers scurried into his bedchamber. Alexander awoke, slowly and groggily and turned to his adviser. "What is it Helen?" the foreign adviser then excitedly gave Alexander the news. "Egetes (leader in Greek), we have received news from our scouts. They have made contact with a great nation, and have returned with gifts from them and many stories!"

Spoiler :

Alexander smiled and nodded. "Glorious, soon the whole world will know of us. Send them out again immediately, and have some of our citizens tend the lands around us. We need more food, and supplies, the feast was so grand it cleared our stores!" Helen nodded curtly "At once Egetes." she then scurried away. Alexander rubbed his eyes and stood, moving to his balcony and gazing upon the new monument, glowing in the sun. He smiled, "Glorious.."

Spoiler :

Later that day, as Alexander walked his Gardens his war adviser suddenly burst forth from the palace and sprinted towards him. Alexander raised a hand and smiled. "Leonidas, calm yourself, what is the problem?" Leonidas nearly fell to his knees, gasping for breath as he fought the words out. "O-our wa-warriors, b-badly injured, scouting, b-barbarians!" As Leonidas spoke the last word Alexanders smile faded away. "What do you suggest then?" Alexander spoke nervously, fearing the worst as Leonidas replied. "W-we must call our people to arms! We must develop an army! We must have Honour!" Alexander let out a sigh, looking upon his garden and nodded. "So it must be then, I will rally our people!"

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

As Alexander moved back into the palace from the balcony after rallying his people, cheering still being heard, wiping away sweat. His advisors looked upon him wqith grave faces, he looked from one advisor to the next before speaking. "What ails you friends?" he smirked, stripping down and getting ready for a bath as his advisors lowered their heads. "Egetes, the Barbarians have invaded."

Spoiler :

Alexander, fresh from his bath, sat at his throne, deep in thought. Pondering what course of action he was to take after the Barbarians had been dealt with. Things were progressing quickly.

Spoiler :

Yeah!

I'll just imagine in the middle of his conquests, Alexander appearing into his generals' tent and declaring that the attack to Persia must be cancelled, due to his hard drive melting. ;)

Top Bottom