A newbie on DoC...

rsab

Warlord
Hi folks,

I'm very used to play on Civ IV, but I'm absolutely new on this mod. Today I played it for first time.Previously I never had played to the Rhyes and Fall mod. So those historical scenarios and mechanics are absolutely new for me.

Today I've played the Egyptians scenario, were after some trials I've got a Historical Victory. I liked it, and loved the historical background. Really enjoyed the way the World Wonders are linked to specific religions/cultures/resources. Also all the stability system and the core regions for each civ. Great ideas.

My question is:

What I'm supposed to do on this mod? Try to get a Historical Victory on each one of the scenarios? I'm confused since all the other Victories are still allowed.

I can imagine is up to each one to play the game in one way or other, but I'm asking just to be guided on this mod.

Thanks for the advices/tips!!

So a lot of the game is designed with the historical goals in mind. Different historical victories emphasise different aspects of the game and require different strategies, often to the extent of things you would not do in normal Civ4.

But people also just roleplay the game without limitations from the historical goals, basically like a sandbox. For some civs the challenge is to survive until the end. And you can always try to go for a traditional victory as well, although they can be exceedingly hard for some civs.

Thanks Leoreth,

cool, it sounds like "feel free to play the way you prefer".

I will go deeper to this mod. Great work. Thanks!

Thanks for playing!

I encourage you to listen to other people's experiences too. I can only talk about what I design for and what I observe, but that's still only my experience as the creator.

What I'm supposed to do on this mod? Try to get a Historical Victory on each one of the scenarios? I'm confused since all the other Victories are still allowed.

The challange is try to get an Historical Victory with each civ, before the new version of DoC will be released!
I haven't succeded yet. Leoreth is quicker to develop than me to play.

Play in whatever way you find exciting and enjoyable, there are no rules for having fun.

Play a big bully empire, that destroys new claimants and pushes down the little ones and converts or harrases them with spies. Rome, Persia and Greece are good for this, maybe also Byzantium or Arabs but the pre-Bc power often makes you have an edge military and technological.

Playing as a colonial power is fun too like England, the others seems moredifficult mainly cause England has a massive cost of city number reduction.

Also playing like a small nation like the Tamils is fun as you can exploit the Indian weakness and conquer most of India and Indonesia ^^ Mayas are a lot more fun now too cause they start earlier. The Aztecs and Incas seem... to have little chance sadly.

I'm not a fan of China anymore though. :p India is fun playing though. ^^ The Ottomans/Mongols are really a random chance depending if your rivals are weak/gone or stable and strong.

Top Bottom