A Persia Game

I prefer calm regent games with some interesting strategies ... like settling Dublin as Portugal or invading Spain as Aztec empire.

Btw how about Greece or Rome gameplay?, lately I conquered Niwst-rst /Diaspolis Magna/ as Greece and it immediatly went independent ruining my game right from the start :confused:

Looking forward on the next games Fresol :D

:D I have a Greece game to post this week.

In context of? Doesn't sound like a thing Persia want to do.

A little revival of the thread. :D

So I decided to finish the game, just so that the replay can be saved together with my other games. Here's the story after the virtual victory.

The last few cities I settled were only for the territory goal. They'll get razed by the barbarians one by one.

The barb trireme is also something we cannot deal with right now. For that I'm researching Metal Casting. I believe Cathage draws more attention from the barb triremes.

I raze Celtic Mediolanum to hopefully prevent a Rome rebirth. The Celts will retaliate soon.

I've been playing an India game, so I know exactly what kind of barbs to expect here.

War elephant is a solution to all barb problems.

Parsa finishes the Colosseum.

Silk Road company is amazing, even it effect has been capped at +3:food: and +9:gold:.

The Great Library is finished in Delhi. Research speed is amazing unlike in my current India game.

Indo-Scythian horse archers come in pairs on Regent difficulty.

Revenge of the Celts.

War elephants counter Kushan Asvakas perfectly. Even on Regent, Kushan Asvakas come in fours, so be prepared. Check the file Barbs.py for details of barbs appearing.

Our cities cannot fit all in one screen.

Our expansion stability makes me unwilling to do more conquering.

I forgot Compass obsoletes the Great Lighthouse, I'm such a fool. :blush:

Persia is the dominating power of the world this game.

Sur finishes the Colossus.

The Germanic axemen start appearing, but I can already train crossbows.

Our GM Kavadh is born in Delhi. He'll conduct a trade mission to China.

It seems a Roman rebirth is inevitable, so I'll release them myself.

They have the same techs as when they collapsed.

The conqueror event to Egypt happens nevertheless. :eek: But I have war elepants and Shock horse archers.

Kavadh conducts the trade mission to Chang'an.

We have lost 6 cities. 4 were razed by barbs, 2 were taken away by respawned Rome. The religion situation is just painful, and I'm still on Pantheon with outdated civics stability penalty.

The Mausoleum of Maussollos is finished in Artacoana. It's too late, we don't have chance for another golden age.

Julius Caesar signs peace treaty after his army gets defeated in Egypt.

Here come the Bedouin camel archers. War elephants is once again the solution.

Printing Press in 335 AD. It almost feels like a 1.8.1 game.

Entering a new era greatly relieves the pressure on our expansion stability.

The Byzantines have appeared. I suppose it's because Rome is alive.

We found Daskylion, which ensures Kontantinoupolis cannot get founded. :devil:

An overview of our cities.

And the wonders.

The final victory! Although this game is not the most enjoyable one to me, Persia really seems strong with its vast empire extending over Europe, Asia and Africa. The score is also the highest. So if you fancy high scores, try Persia games.

Expansion stability has been the main limiting factor in game, but one also needs luck and a few S/Ls for some combat victories. There're just too many important combats in a typical Persia game.

Top Bottom