A poll for folks who have followed the HOTW2 thread at Apolyton

Do you think that deity's move to take 13 cities in one turn is OK?

• If ozzy can do it first why can't deity?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A rule is needed to define war and conquest

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes - World domination is an option in a diplo game

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No - deity sux big time and has ruined diplo games FOREVER!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As an aside I'd like to point out firstly, and I'm sure everyone including Deity agrees, that my answer doesn't mean that I condone what he's doing. I am against what he is doing, but I believe he is fully allowed to do it.

Part of what HOTW2 was created for is to reinvent the Diplogame. And traditionally you kept all countries in the game, now perhaps in reinventing the diplogame we may crush good things. This may be one of them. We'll just have to see how it goes, but I believe Deity is within his rights.

Naked aggression is something that exists in the world, its usually combined with some rationale whether acceptable or not. In this case Drake argues that Deity has no rationale other than attacking people, that's fine. I'm not sure whether or not Deity annunciated his reasoning, but regardless he should be allowed to do it.

But I think we should try and stick to keeping all seven nations in-tact mainly for play purposes.

Peace.

Well if this sorta "rule" is accepted, as I stated at poly, next game I play in, I'm just going to attack everyone as fast as possible...hopefully destroy everything by the end of the bc era. I'd be within my means after all.......:rolleyes:

I'll say it once, I'll say it a hundred times....if we go this route, it's going to have to be called "war game with dialogue", because it sure isnt the same diplo game that I've known.

Please don't compare your attack of South America to my attack of the Mali in Africa. There is NO comparision whatsoever.

Lets put both situations in real world terms:

In the Israeli-Mali situation: Mexico without warning invades Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. After the attack they claim they were afraid that since the US had such a strong military they were going to invade (which is absolutly poppycock(hehe)). In real life there would be no more Mexico. The US would invade up till Guatemala and that would be it. Though in my situation i took back my territory and asked for peace, Mexico refused, so i took a bit more, Mexico refused, so i took a bit more, Mexico refused peace so I kept going.

In Australia-Zulu situation: The United States hears that Mexico is displeased with many of its poliices and is trying to turn world opinion against the US. So the US with no warning just invades and takes half of Mexico promising to take the rest once it can.

I offered peace and did everything possible to acheive peace. I had no desire for a war but the Mali refused to talk and even attacked me when I was trying to talk. I tried and tried and tried. They reap what they sow. I still have no pity for the Mali, I had no desire for war and did everything I could to stop it but all they wanted was blood so thats what they got.

Deity just attacked and made it clear that he just wanted to destroy Drake. I'm not voting in this poll and I'm not saying what you did destroyed this game or Diplogaming in general but it was NOTHING like what I did as Israel.

Of course you can't make exact comparisons!

But the drift of what Mali did with PRE-EMPTIVE strikes and what you did, ozzy, as WAAR leader in decimating Mali, in repsonse are all the sorts of things that are OK in a diplo game - WHEN dipomacy breaks down!!! (Except maybe taking capitals, ozzy...)

I offerred you peace and you said " Nuke the bastards!"

Just because the Aussies pulled off a very efficient and effective strike in South America you suddenly say it ruins diplo games and if you'd want a war game you would have played another game!

I played a peaceful role until all you guys started fighting.

I just did it a bit better and you start whining.

This really smacks of jeolousy.

I'm no more a warring civ than any other in diplo games. We all make different decisions about when to use war, that's all. And my reasons for war were totally justified in the context of the game story and characters.

well i think Deity showed he is agreat war strategist, it was unbleeivalbe how he accomplished his task in south america, but the other 6 players allowed that to happen by allowing deity to get so large. by continual fighiting in mideast and africa europe we kept ourselves weak...

or was it i kept constant war in europe/africa/mid east to distract from deity.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom