A quick terrain question

Vander

Privateering in Idaho
I'm away from my gaming computer and looked around online to no avail... What are the base terrain values in FFH2? Plains I remember as 1:food: 1 :hammers: 1 :commerce:, but other than that, what are the values? Are any the same as vanilla BTS? I'd rather do some napkin math in class than listen to the professors. ;)

No commerce on plains unless riverside; being riverside gives almost everything +1 commerce.

Plains then is 1 food 1 hammer
Desert is nothing
Grassland is 2 food
Tundra I believe is 1 food.
I believe hills add 2 hammers
Forests are... +1 hammer? Not sure off hand
Ice is also no food.
Bear in mind that by no food I mean doesn't add any. Other features could change that.
Haunted lands is 2 commerce
Flood plains are 3 food 1 commerce.

Could easily be wrong on these, doing them all from memory.

Thanks a bunch!

Correction: hill is +1 production, -1 food; forest is +1 production, -1 commerce next to river; flood plain is +3 food. The base tile yields are all the same as in BTS (for the terrain types that exist in BTS).

Really? The -1 food part on hills makes sense, and I'll say oops on that... But, I'm pretty sure it's +2 hammers since hills/plains have a base production of 3, don't they? With normal plains only having 1, that's a 2 difference.

And I could've sworn I've seen forest tiles with commerce next to a river before. Anyway, the flood plain things is another mistake, due to my never having seen flood plains anywhere but along rivers. ^^;;; Sorry for that.

No, hills/plains have a base production of 2:hammers:. And no, river forests do not ordinarily have :commerce:.

And I could've sworn I've seen forest tiles with commerce next to a river before.

Lumbermills along a river provide commerce. A plantation crop in a forest can provide a commerce.

The terrain values can change for some races. The malakim perform differently in desert. The Illians get food from ice.

Top Bottom