1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A revised scoring system for RFC

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Alexius08, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

Tired of getting compared to Dan Quayle or Ethelred the Unready just because you played a late-spawning civilization? So far, RFC and all derivative modmods still rely on the original scoring system in CvUtil.py, and none of them has edited it. Until now.

I edited the scoring mechanics in CvUtil.py to take into account the delayed spawn of other civilizations. For this to work, download and extract the archive (which contains only the modified Python script) and paste it to the Assets\Python folder of the RFC-based mod you're playing. Unless said mod alters the spawning mechanics to treat a respawned civ differently from the original civ (like Iran, Colombia and Mexico of Dawn of Civilization), then this should work.

Attached Files:

2. srpt

srpt Deist

thanks for this. I will include it in RFCCW to test it.

3. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I have something similar. I stored a score for every civ, and a the ranking is based on a logistic function derived from that value.

It's a relief that i'm not the only one getting bugged by that :p

4. AtlantaMarty

AtlantaMarty Democracy Manifest: CivFanatics 1984

Does this work with SoI?