A small Doviello Oddity

WarKirby

Arty person
Playing a little Doviello game just now. A notable feature of theirs, is that they can convert workers/slaves into military units, at any time.

This obviously wasn't designed with FF's worker promotions in mind. It seems that after upgrading to a warrior, the unit keeps it's promotions.

The Skilled promotions have no function for a military unit, so that's nothing to worry about. Although there is the Aptitude promo, that grants constant free xp to a certain point.

Perhaps most significantly though, is the Hardy promotions, which allow Doviello warriors to get some cheap and easy extra Defense strength.

These aren't big issues, I'd say. Probably not really in need of fixing, but I was just wondering if it was intended?

That actually sounds rather cool to me.

But it's unfair because of the Hardy promotions... A 3/6 beastman with all of them, without copper...

...Has fewer chances to take more upgraded promotions that would make him better on the offense.

And workers are alot more expensive than Beastmen. How many beastmen could you crank out waiting for a worker to get Hardy 3?

You passively train some hundred slaves at all times? You have to do it on a massive scale to really benefit.

or do it on a small scale to have a nearly impenetrable capital. but yeah, its not all that exploity. It should just be considered a possible advantage of the unique ability.

Top Bottom