A very interesting LP and review in progress

Link to chapter 21

Lol they complain about some modders being right wing.
Also that there is to much dark stuff in mod - intentional or not.
Now current modders are left wing to moderate generally.

Last edited:
Link to chapter 21

Lol they complain about some modders being right wing.
Also that there is to much dark stuff in mod - intentional or not.
Now current modders are left wing to moderate generally.
Yeah, wow... that's a bit stronger reaction to the Beggar unit than I would've expected but I suppose it hits a nerve for some Europeans.

And I wouldn't have noticed some of the other stuff they point out. Using some Nazi quotes isn't, IMO, a way to condone, endorse or agree, just a display of the full range of human expression.

I think the Gypsy thing is ok if you see that stealing isn't bad, but is in fact an occupation that contributes to the vital redistribution of wealth. Especially in this time-frame.

And I don't think the team is dominated by right-wingers as suggested, although the civics do seem to have a pro-capitalist bias.:nono:

This guy is very fast with his LP.
Of course they complained about alpha male/female buildings and some other mess.
Someone complained about SA being awful, I guess they went to other extreme at least on this thread.

They are in Ancient Era for a while.
They are playing on Marathon (8000 turn GS)

Last edited:
This guy is very fast with his LP.
Of course they complained about alpha male/female buildings and some other mess.
Someone complained about SA being awful, I guess they went to other extreme at least on this thread.

They are in Ancient Era for a while.
They are playing on Marathon (8000 turn GS)
SA?
I haven't seen the complaints about alpha male/female being all that prominent except that maybe it's a little strange to some that they are 'buildings' where they aren't seeing buildings as really what they are, just 'ways cities are improved at player's options'.

What gets me is... what are these racist overtones and biotruths they are referring to? I don't really get it. Sure I understand the criticisms about how we put forward gypsies as criminals but one might later see that some criminal units are to be considered heroic rather than purely villainous. I suppose calling them beggars doesn't help. Maybe they'd be better being some cross between an entertainer and a criminal type. Better pickpocket than beggar. Still... no one person here has created everything and few of us have been trying to filter for the sake of any particular morality (some have I suppose... I remember the great debates about some of the reproductive sciences that Azure wanted to include - those got a bit heated.) But they act like there's some obvious biases that I don't think they really see aren't quite intended as they're taking it.

For example, they incorrectly assume that to include the world's biggest villain is anything more than doing just that - like they seem to think that because we include him, we're all white supremacist right wingers that think he's great. I find that weird. If history didn't have villains, it would be less fun to play through it. If villains weren't something some people wanted to play, you wouldn't even HAVE games like Grand Theft Auto or Assassin's Creed. I'm sure they try to validate those villains more than we can validate Hitler but still, we have every leader of any significant world influence that you might want to include in a scenario here and why shouldn't we? He has had more impact on the world than nearly any historical figure so it would just be stupid to not include him. If one was to assume we support every leader we include, there'd be a LOT of leaders we'd have to get rid of here... like nearly all of them.

@JosEPh_II Up to mid Ancient at least, gold balance seems really good in his game. It has been a limiting but not crushing factor, even to the point that traits were chosen to help him with his gold needs. Good job!

Last edited:
SA?
I haven't seen the complaints about alpha male/female being all that prominent except that maybe it's a little strange to some that they are 'buildings' where they aren't seeing buildings as really what they are, just 'ways cities are improved at player's options'.

What gets me is... what are these racist overtones and biotruths they are referring to? I don't really get it. Sure I understand the criticisms about how we put forward gypsies as criminals but one might later see that some criminal units are to be considered heroic rather than purely villainous. I suppose calling them beggars doesn't help. Maybe they'd be better being some cross between an entertainer and a criminal type. Better pickpocket than beggar. Still... no one person here has created everything and few of us have been trying to filter for the sake of any particular morality (some have I suppose... I remember the great debates about some of the reproductive sciences that Azure wanted to include - those got a bit heated.) But they act like there's some obvious biases that I don't think they really see aren't quite intended as they're taking it.

For example, they incorrectly assume that to include the world's biggest villain is anything more than doing just that - like they seem to think that because we include him, we're all white supremacist right wingers that think he's great. I find that weird. If history didn't have villains, it would be less fun to play through it. If villains weren't something some people wanted to play, you wouldn't even HAVE games like Grand Theft Auto or Assassin's Creed. I'm sure they try to validate those villains more than we can validate Hitler but still, we have every leader of any significant world influence that you might want to include in a scenario here and why shouldn't we? He has had more impact on the world than nearly any historical figure so it would just be stupid to not include him. If one was to assume we support every leader we include, there'd be a LOT of leaders we'd have to get rid of here... like nearly all of them.
SA is Something Awful.
My guess is: On those forums there is always group of people, who are extreme in their political views and will gladly criticize anything, that doesn't fit their views.
Or some people love trolling here.

Last edited:
I love this mod because the lack of an overwhelming political correctness theme. Too many people seem to want to deny history that ever happened. I live in the South of USA and people constantly want the erase the history of the Confederacy and slavery.

I love this mod because the lack of an overwhelming political correctness theme. Too many people seem to want to deny history that ever happened. I live in the South of USA and people constantly want the erase the history of the Confederacy and slavery.
I guess there is some sort of uncanny valley that is between 100% realism and just being real world like, that smells like historical revisionism, political biases/incorrectness and scientific inaccuracies :D
Some people in Something Awful apparently got triggered by that :p

SA is Something Awful.
My guess is: On those forums there is always group of people, who are extreme in their political views and will gladly criticize anything, that doesn't fit their views.
Or some people love trolling here.
Yeah I've noticed that. Just wishing I understood more what they were referring to by biotruths really. They seem to understand the term and what it means and its a new one on me.

Yeah I've noticed that. Just wishing I understood more what they were referring to by biotruths really. They seem to understand the term and what it means and its a new one on me.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/biotruth

Essentially its like: "Why speed of light can't be exceeded, if speed of sound was easily beaten"
That is mod simplifies things, and uses some terms, that are apparently politically charged.

They reached Medieval era now.
He is well aligned with calendar - spending around 8 turns per tech on Marathon.
Its Standard space map, so Earth size is between Standard and Large.

Also he has graphical glitches from having Steam version of game without being on older version of game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom