1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A world without consulates

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Forkandles, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Forkandles

Forkandles Chieftain

Agree, culture generation feels so below par without the automatic cultural CS friends. think ive been sitting on about 80 or 90 when the Worlds Fair comes up. I usually ally a cultural CS at that point and get up to about 100 or so. Double culture when you win the Worlds Fair is still quite handy at that point. Think my writer bombs were worth about 1800 after I won the fair. It was enough to finish rat and get the good stuff from Order for a SV. The free GS and GE from Spaceship Pioneers were really handy.

2. homegrown

homegrown Missionary of Sorenism

Of course he will. Huge marathon maps with 41 cs's are broken that way. :goodjob:

3. CaptainPatch

CaptainPatch Lifelong gamer

I disagree with this view. Having a +20 to a CS relationship means that whatever you did to make Ally now has a 20 point buffer above and beyond what would be normally required. For example if your minimum was at 10 (PtP) and you won the "Most _____" quest, the +40 reward would leave you only at Influence 50 = Friends. Add the Consulate +20 and the value would be 70 = ALLY, for at least 20 turns (or perhaps as many as 60 on a .33 degrade).