abbamouse Realistic Religions mod including Zoroastrianism

Fachy said:
Cyber: That's the point.. I don't want everyone to have closed borders in fear of missionaries, that would suck
You are not making any sense. My suggestion wouldn't make everyone close their borders as the effects of more religions could be countered.

I guess I will have to wait until after Christmas for your reply ;) :p

I would really appreciate a version of this mod which just adds Zoroastrianism, keeping all religions generic and equal.

Great job. I would like to see Shintoism added as a religion. After all, it's the predom religion in Japan...then and now.

Kojong2004 said:
Great job. I would like to see Shintoism added as a religion. After all, it's the predom religion in Japan...then and now.

Shintoism was a response to American demands for seperation of church and state in the 19th Century (the Meiji period). You see, Japan didn't actually have the concept of a church - state-sponsored or otherwise. So the imperial government cobbled together various different sects to form the Shinto religion. Shintoism was a way of appeasing the Americans overtly, whilst still being Japanese underneath. In effect, Shintoism is a foreign, Western creation. Thus, I find it highly amusing that the Japanese National Front call themselves the Nationalist Shintoists.

zulu9812 said:
Shintoism was a response to American demands for seperation of church and state in the 19th Century (the Meiji period). You see, Japan didn't actually have the concept of a church - state-sponsored or otherwise. So the imperial government cobbled together various different sects to form the Shinto religion. Shintoism was a way of appeasing the Americans overtly, whilst still being Japanese underneath. In effect, Shintoism is a foreign, Western creation. Thus, I find it highly amusing that the Japanese National Front call themselves the Nationalist Shintoists.
Err no ... Shinto is one of the worlds oldest religions and it has nothing to do with any American pressure. What happened in 1822 was that a ritual that paid homage to the Emperor(making him divine) was required by the citizens, which for all intents and purposes made Shinto the State religion.

That is true to a certain extent. Ancestor-worship was around before the Americans came along. However, Shintoism as an organised religion is a foreign concept. Even to this day, many Japanese perform the rituals of Shintoism but will deny being religious.

The name you picked for Islamic missionaries is not universal and very uncommon. There are not even sufficient resources about the term and it's meaning. All other suggestions made here earlier (Sufi, Alim, Imam, Sheik) are way better in terms of use and practice. There are plenty of other terms used to define various different muslim scholars and religious people which are commonly used among muslims and equally understood by non-muslims such as: Dervish; Mullah; and Hodja which I would recommend.

Khan, I'm an Arab Moslem and I never heard the word Dervish or Hodja! And if it wasn't for Afghanistan war, I'd probably have never heard the term "Mullah" either. Sufi is confined to Sufism only, which is a small sect.

Fachy said:
Khan, I'm an Arab Moslem and I never heard the word Dervish or Hodja! And if it wasn't for Afghanistan war, I'd probably have never heard the term "Mullah" either. Sufi is confined to Sufism only, which is a small sect.
Ok, then I suggest you check some mainstream online resources. :) Wikipedia is a good start. Islam, as a culture, is not limited with Arabic terminology. It's a much richer world.

abbamouse said:
Taoism
Advantage: Taoist Temples (but not other buildings) ALWAYS survive capture of a city, unlike any other religion's Temples.
Umm, isn't this more of a disadvantage to you, by being an advantage to whoever takes over your cities?

It certainly is! I changed that in my mod!

Yes, the whole Taoism temple thing does cut both ways. I'll look at Fachy's version of the mod to see what I'd like to incorporate in the next update. My current priority is updating the files for 1.52 compatibility. My next priority is to begin adding religious UUs. I'm out of town now, so none of this will happen until Jan 5 or 6 at the earliest.

Everybody's bashing at me in my thread nobody likes my mod waaaah :cry:

Fachy said:

Make the game you want to play. Some will like, some won't.

Fachy said:
It's perhaps because you are closed to positive suggestions? And maybe you think what you have is the best already?

Humph if I went with anybody's suggestions somebody else won't like it. I really like what Kael said :)

Nice to see your post in another thread, Fachy :D
Isn't what Kael sais exactly what I said in your mod's thread ? :rolleyes:
You put a lot of effort to your mod and the poll clearly shows that some people really enjoy playing it (now there's one more enthusiast since I last looked at yours mod thread :goodjob:

And don't :cry: , just be a man and try to improve your mod just a little bit :)

Happy New Year :D

Top Bottom