About China

who can stand for a civilization is a controversial topic at all times.
Which is clearly not a good reason to raise it. This is called a troll.

Did you also notice you asked a question to someone who did not post on these boards for more than 3 years?

At least you could have raised it as a new topic with some arguments instead of this single shock answer to a 3 years old post. Too bad you did not.

I agree : more female leaders would be more interesting.
I disagree : "Tzu Hsi" would be the ideal female ruler for a Chinese civ.

Was she a "monster" ? Read what was posted concerning that very same label somewhere at the beginning of the "Neo-temporalism" thread.

I count her as being a monster not because she ended thousands of years of Chinese imperial rule by her power hungry ineptness but because she probably (directly or with the help of others) murdered many members of her own family, including her only son.

WuZeTian would be a better choice for another Female Empress.

Just replace Mao with Tang Taizong (Li Zhimin), then every Chinese will agree.

No Chinese would disagree with adding Tang TaiZong as he was the greatest of all the Chinese Emperor.

PS. Someone earlier said that Qianlong doesn't count becuase he is form the Manchu dynast. imo he does count because the manchu are a part of China and its history.

Is everyone here a Chinese nationalist/patriot but me (I'm American)?

Edit: I didn't see the posts right before, guess their are some fluent speakers of English here. Sorry :p

WuZeTian would be a better choice for another Female Empress.

No Chinese would disagree with adding Tang TaiZong as he was the greatest of all the Chinese Emperor.

PS. Someone earlier said that Qianlong doesn't count becuase he is form the Manchu dynast. imo he does count because the manchu are a part of China and its history.

I don't agree Qianlong as new leader of china. He didn't think highly of technology. So China is a backward nation during his rule.

Mao clears stands for modern (communist) China as we know it. I am for the inclusion of Mao.

No he does not, not any more. It's difficult but try to keep up with the pace of events in the last 30 years. The Communist Party of China claims his legacy but today's PRC is a far cry from Maoist PRC.

I don't agree Qianlong as new leader of china. He didn't think highly of technology. So China is a backward nation during his rule.

i didn't say he should be counted as one of the great leaders of China but he does count as a leader of China.

a earlier poster poster said the manchu emperor don't count because they were foreign.

Top Bottom