Warlord
From the open beta (read: release):
an example about how the AI behaves.

emperor game: 1600s AD.

my points 1634
rome's points: 787
aztec's points: 850

biggest army: me (says the demo screen), 2nd Aztec, 3rd Rome

met rome about 100 turns ago. We traded resources, signed a research pact. No other diplomatic activities. (Apart for lux to Aztecs for gold)

A couple of turns back: We sign a resource deal. I give 4 lux resources to Rome, I get 1 lux + 700 gold.
A coulple of turns later: I bribe Rome into a war with the Aztec. Give open borders and some more lux to rome.
A couple of turns later. I demand that Caesar doesn't build cities near my borders. (We didn't share borders at that time, he was on a different continent!)
The next turn: Caesar declares war on me. He is at war with the Aztecs, he is at war with a city state, I am his only ally and I have 4 CS allies. I also have destroyers, rifles, cannons and cavalry, while he has pikemen and caravels.

bottom line: AI is worse than MTW. If there was a "no diplomacy" game option, I'd turn it on. Congratulations.

hmm... has anyone tried forcing the game to only use one thread? or do you think it's just the fact that they split so many processes for multi-threading that's causing the problem?

guess it would be the later...

^ I've tested one core/thread myself, and it ramps it up to about 60% then 100% during turn loading. It's best to keep it on I'd say.

In one of the .ini files in my documents there is a line for how to set the threading and how many (forget what it said) actions? To have per thread. It's set at 0 (default) and 100(actions?). I'm tempted to mess around with it, but I have no real clue of how to utilize it.

bottom line: consider them to be schizos or worse and you are set. (Which is basically what I do with my RL oppenents in every online or mp-game). It's the new realism: complete randomness. Just like the universe.

bottom line: consider them to be schizos or worse and you are set. (Which is basically what I do with my RL oppenents in every online or mp-game). It's the new realism: complete randomness. Just like the universe.

If the universe were truly random we would have no understanding of it what-so-ever.

The only parts that seem random are the parts we don't understand.

If the universe were truly random we would have no understanding of it what-so-ever.

The only parts that seem random are the parts we don't understand.

Just because we think we understand it, does not mean that we understand it.

Apparently they dont like to be liberated either.
Ramsy hated my guts after i liberated him from askia.
Makes sense? I think not. :confused:

Heh, maybe he was just saying that he didn't need your help. That he was just about to liberate himself and enslave Askia :lol:

Yeah I've seen that too. City states love if you liberate them. Civs are angry at you for it. Makes no sense.

Just because we think we understand it, does not mean that we understand it.

Drop something next to you, it will fall. If the universe were random, anything could happen.

Consistency on that scale does not occur in a random environment, chaotic maybe, but there is certainly nothing random about the universe's laws.

Drop something next to you, it will fall. If the universe were random, anything could happen.

Consistency on that scale does not occur in a random environment, chaotic maybe, but there is certainly nothing random about the universe's laws.

Perhaps it is just not as random as we think it is, or is it? ;)

I'm just giving you crap. In all seriousness my only issue with your statement is that it seems pretty sure that what little we know about the universe is correct. We've been wrong through history plenty of times, I doubt we've got everything we think we know right on the ball, even the stuff we're really sure about.

Liberated civs appear to be vassal states in all but name.

When I declared war on another Civ, i went to the 2 civs I liberated for some trades and realize they were both at war with the same Civ.

What Civ5 is lacking is the news feed is announcements of when other Civs go to war. I don't know why this was ommitted it was so handy in keeping up with relations in previous games.

It's a bug I think. When you liberate a civ your units will be within his borders without a open borders agreement which results the AI to be hostile against you. If you move your units out of his borders the relations become much better.

Yeah I've seen that too. City states love if you liberate them. Civs are angry at you for it. Makes no sense.

they remember what they thought of you before. I obliterated suleiman a couple games ago, but he had a city on the other side of india and greece so I made peace. 30 turns later india took out his last city. 150 turns after that india invaded me so I started taking out their cities. When I liberated/reincarnated suleiman he still hated my guts b/c I wrecked his civ in the first place. In that same game I was buddies with alexander the entire time, when I liberate/reincarnated him he loved me even more.

funny about those last comments, when I went for the diplo victory both suleiman and alexander voted for me. I think that the "vassal in all but name" is correct.

I resurrected Ghandi and Monty from the dead, Bismarck had killed them off.

Guess what?
They both hate me...

The picture is of Siam's king after he failed to understand his place. I liberated him from 150 turns of total Greek subjugation, only for him to refuse a Pact of Cooperation :mad:.

I'm not sure what the "one course open to him" is, since this is the second time he's had to do it :crazyeye:.

Attachments

• Lost.jpg
    Lost.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 150
Top Bottom