Absence thread

Don't you think this should be in the private forums? I would think you need to tell you're team that you are away, not everybody, plus the team is much more likely to see it's thread than this one I would think.

It's really for people who are important in the wider multi world.

I.e. diplomats or chief turn players, mainly so people don't spam messages to them expecting a reply. Also serves as a useful place for CH/Dave to post about their absences should a problem arise.

Didn't Dave set the deadline as the 1st of April? (By the way, I'm not sure which timezone's 1st of April that is... I'm guessing America's. ;) )

I will be out of town starting Saturday morning May 29th, returning Monday afternoon June 7th.

Reminder, if the game disconnects there won't be any way to correct it till I return.

I will not be able to play the turn for Quatronia for 3 weeks starting July 15th.

This is a pretty big deal since i'm the last remaining person on Quatronia who is willing/able to serve as turn player.

Does anyone know of someone who would like to play the turns for Team Q for a while? I can't think of too many other solutions short of pausing the game for three weeks...

I would hate for this to ruin the MTDG while there is still life left in the game.

Pausing for 3 weeks would kill the game I think. Do you want to ask a member from another to team to Play? Even AI is better then pausing for 3 weeks.

As Q and AMAZON are currently allied and fighting Sirius, the best solution might be to lengthen the turns and let AMAZON play for Q until cavscout comes back in 3 weeks. Making the turns longer will stretch the turns out so not as much happens while cavscout is gone.:)

It's not optimal, but probably best captures what would be happening if cavscout stayed. Switching Q to AI is just not going to work. Q is at War, Monarch AI is not up to that task, nor will AI respect treaties.:(

If Sirius can accept this then I will ask our turnplayer if he can handle this.

I am fine with that. Figured it would be best for an Amazon player to take over.

I would be fine with a turn player from the Amazons filling in for me. I expect the war will still be going when I get back so things are pretty straight forward right now as far as playing the turns.

Any objections?

Any non-aligned players out there? How would a hypothetical fill-in player get instructions from the rest of the Continuum without having forum access? If there are instructions to give. Not really a disagreement with the idea, just thinking of it more broadly.

If Amazon have another turnplayer, it might be a little better to have two different people play the two teams. While information can be passed back and forth even normally, it's a little different if one individual plays both. Again not necessarily a disagreement.

There isn't any team forum activity so that wouldn't be an issue. I would just give general instructions and guidelines before I left (basically common sense stuff about builds, drafting, whipping etc.).

Top Bottom