[GS] Access Violation

RavensJellybone

Chieftain
I've been playing for a while trying to get through a game but to no avail. Every time I play a game it crashes at some point after pressing "Next turn" whether it's the ancient era through rennaisance with this message:

Unhandled Exception
Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Error reading address 0x330

Call Stack
-----------------------------------------------------
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0

Please help me because I love Civ 6 and we spent 100+ dollars on the game. No matter what mods I use, how I set up the game, or who I play as, this error pops up and basically corrupts my game.

'Unhandled Exception' errors are very generic and can have many root causes, so they are not easy to diagnose. It's impossible to say the exact cause with the limited information you've provided. Generally, however, it is likely a mod that is causing your error. The best thing I can recommend is try to start a game with no mods active, then gradually add them back one by one checking to see if they updated recently and/or are compatible with the current game version. You could also check your Database & Modding Logs for errors.

I've been getting these errors too. I have mods installed, but none turned on during the game since I'm playing online with friends who don't have mods, and this still happens. Is turning them off enough, or do I actually have to delete them and unsubscribe?

I've been getting these errors too. I have mods installed, but none turned on during the game since I'm playing online with friends who don't have mods, and this still happens. Is turning them off enough, or do I actually have to delete them and unsubscribe?
It's difficult to say. Some mods, even when disabled can end up staying in the cache. Also, if you're using a saved configuration setup, those mods will still load even when disabled. Best advice I can give is to try deleting the three files in your Cache folder: "..\User Files\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Cache" & also the Mods.sqlite file: "..\User Files\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.sqlite". If that doesn't work, you may have to unsub from those mods.

It's difficult to say. Some mods, even when disabled can end up staying in the cache. Also, if you're using a saved configuration setup, those mods will still load even when disabled. Best advice I can give is to try deleting the three files in your Cache folder: "..\User Files\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Cache" & also the Mods.sqlite file: "..\User Files\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.sqlite". If that doesn't work, you may have to unsub from those mods.
But my friends are also having the same crash, and they don't use mods at all.

'Unhandled Exception' errors are very generic and can have many root causes, so they are not easy to diagnose. It's impossible to say the exact cause with the limited information you've provided. Generally, however, it is likely a mod that is causing your error. The best thing I can recommend is try to start a game with no mods active, then gradually add them back one by one checking to see if they updated recently and/or are compatible with the current game version. You could also check your Database & Modding Logs for errors.
Ok I've narrowed it down to two sets of mods thanks to you, and still trying to find the source of the crash. I know it was a mod because after disabling them I was able to fully complete multiple games. Thank you!

Top Bottom