1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Achievements just went up on Steam.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Hans Castorp, Feb 6, 2019.

1. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

They could even have had "Winning My Favourite Game" as a reference to this song by The Cardigans...

ChocolateShake, nzcamel and Josephias like this.
  2. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

I think the achievement should have been:

Take On Me: As Norway, defeat Sweden.

And yes, the Sweden Wins achievement should absolutely have been "The Winner Takes It All".

It's a little sad they didn't add music-themed achievements for more of the pre-existing civs.

Other achievement suggestions:

British Invasion: As England, perform a rock concert in every American city.
    We Are the Champions: Win a cultural victory as England.
    Eurovision Song Contest: Win a cultural victory in a game in which every civ other than Australia is European.
    Waterloo: Earn the Eurovision Song Contest achievement as Sweden. England and France must be in the same game.
    Jefferson Airplane: Rename a rock band that later breaks up due to creative differences.
    That's All Right Mama: As America, create the world's first rock band.
    I Come From A Land Down Under: As Australia, perform a rock concert in a foreign city on another continent.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

They changed all the new achievements from the base 32 numbering scheme to using the code name Vesuvius for some reason. Inexplicably, they did not change the Kristina victory achievement name.

4. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

They probably can be submerged (graphically), but it wouldn't destroy it's benefits or yields i assume.

5. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

My Heart Will Go On: Perform a concert as Canada at the Colosseum built in Las Vegas.

bbbt and nzcamel like this.
  6. wilcoxchar

wilcoxchar Warlord

We already have the We Are The Champions achievement for getting a religious victory with Zoroastrianism while being suzerain of Zanzibar.

Siptah, nzcamel and Josephias like this.
  7. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

Indeed. It's horrible. I can't believe they replied with such disregard, when they could just read the solutions many people posted, edit a few lines, and done. Would cost them no more than an hour tops, and that's when working slow. Absolutely attrocious.

Red_warning and nzcamel like this.
  8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

I wasn't mentionning Freddie Mercury for Achievement reasons, but rather as one more of the somewhat rare Pop Singers that can reach 5 Octaves with their voices. Sorry for having been out of this thread/context indirectly.

nzcamel likes this.
  9. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Haha brilliant!

It's not at thread derailing proportions ;)

10. Hans Castorp

Hans Castorp Warlord