[GS] Achievements just went up on Steam.

They could even have had "Winning My Favourite Game" as a reference to this song by The Cardigans...

Definitely - they should have gone with 'Barbie Girl' :mischief:

I think the achievement should have been:

Take On Me: As Norway, defeat Sweden.

And yes, the Sweden Wins achievement should absolutely have been "The Winner Takes It All".

It's a little sad they didn't add music-themed achievements for more of the pre-existing civs.

Other achievement suggestions:

British Invasion: As England, perform a rock concert in every American city.
We Are the Champions: Win a cultural victory as England.
Eurovision Song Contest: Win a cultural victory in a game in which every civ other than Australia is European.
Waterloo: Earn the Eurovision Song Contest achievement as Sweden. England and France must be in the same game.
Jefferson Airplane: Rename a rock band that later breaks up due to creative differences.
That's All Right Mama: As America, create the world's first rock band.
I Come From A Land Down Under: As Australia, perform a rock concert in a foreign city on another continent.

Last edited:
They changed all the new achievements from the base 32 numbering scheme to using the code name Vesuvius for some reason. Inexplicably, they did not change the Kristina victory achievement name.

Seahenge
Have Stonehenge become submerged due to Coastal Flooding

Does this mean Wonders can be destroyed by Coastal Flooding, I thought I heard Ed Beech say that they couldn't be... (I hope they can :mwaha:)

They probably can be submerged (graphically), but it wouldn't destroy it's benefits or yields i assume.

And yes, the Sweden Wins achievement should absolutely have been "The Winner Takes It All".

It's a little sad they didn't add music-themed achievements for more of the pre-existing civs.

Other achievement suggestions:

British Invasion: As England, perform a rock concert in every American city.
We Are the Champions: Win a cultural victory as England.
Eurovision Song Contest: Win a cultural victory in a game in which every civ other than Australia is European.
Waterloo: Earn the Eurovision Song Contest achievement as Sweden. England and France must be in the same game.
Jefferson Airplane: Rename a rock band that later breaks up due to creative differences.
That's All Right Mama: As America, create the world's first rock band.
I Come From A Land Down Under: As Australia, perform a rock concert in a foreign city on another continent.

My Heart Will Go On: Perform a concert as Canada at the Colosseum built in Las Vegas.

I asked about the Kristina achievement in stream chat, and the answer given was "We had a limited window in which to make Nordic rock jokes and had to do the best we could, sorry"

Sooo, in other words, "lol whatever it's basically the same country anyway" indeed seems to be the explanation. :rolleyes:

Indeed. It's horrible. I can't believe they replied with such disregard, when they could just read the solutions many people posted, edit a few lines, and done. Would cost them no more than an hour tops, and that's when working slow. Absolutely attrocious.

We already have the We Are The Champions achievement for getting a religious victory with Zoroastrianism while being suzerain of Zanzibar.

I wasn't mentionning Freddie Mercury for Achievement reasons, but rather as one more of the somewhat rare Pop Singers that can reach 5 Octaves with their voices. Sorry for having been out of this thread/context indirectly.

Haha brilliant!

I wasn't mentionning Freddie Mercury for Achievement reasons, but rather as one more of the somewhat rare Pop Singers that can reach 5 Octaves with their voices. Sorry for having been out of this thread/context indirectly.

It's not at thread derailing proportions ;)

Top Bottom