Acroama Homes

I would like to know how much it will cost to upgrade my large palace to a basic special palace?

Greetings, Padma!

After settling myself at the Bohemian KuenstlerHalle in Bavaria, I went on my first visit to the westernmost lands. In the end, when i arrived in the town of Karachi, i fell in love with the desert landscape :) Looking at the city, as i was coming to it by train, i had this great idea.

What i now most desire is to build a high tower, one that could be seen as far as Krasnoyarsk and Sant Regis. It would stand in the eastern corner of the town area, built upon a rock that stands there. It should stand as a landmark for the great Fanatika, right on our neighbors' borders.
It should be around 3 times higher than the usual tower you build, and so i imagine it would cost something like... 6 times more than the usual tower (300g).
I can pay as much as 2000g, plus some money i want to gather from organizations and from the government itself, as i will be donating the building to the Mayor of Karachi and to our beloved country.
I'll be posting a sketch of my plans soon.
~ikey

@SAaM: I am very sorry about the construction delays. With the War, and everything, it has been hard to find and keep good help around here. But I have assembled a construction crew and dispatched them to Penguin to start work on your Palace upgrade. The new construction will provide: an additional bedroom, an additional living room, 2 additional "Other" rooms, 2 additional Upgrade rooms, an additional Dining Room, a Hall, a Steam Room, a Pool, Full Bath, Stable, and an additional Armory. I was also able to locate 2 licensed electricians, so wiring should be complete and unobtrusive.

@Strider: We can upgrade your Basic Large Palace to a Basic Special Palace for a bit less than 2200g, given your discount as an Acroama partner. ;) I haven't worked up the exact figures, but it should be about that.

@ikey: Sounds wonderful! I can give you a better price quote when I see your design, but right now I estimate something in the 1500-2000g range. :)

2200g huh? Great....

I would like to upgrade my Large Palce into a Special Palace!!!

Thank you, Padma.
Now, to make my choices:
2 additional "Other" rooms, 2 additional Upgrade rooms, an additional Dining Room, a Hall, a Steam Room, a Pool, Full Bath, Stable, and an additional Armory. I was also able to locate 2 licensed electricians, so wiring should be complete and unobtrusive

Current other rooms: Oboe room, Library
Adding: Theater, Large workshop to tinker in.
Oh!! a pool :) Luxury! And a steamroom!

The primary purpose of the Lancre Fund is to promote the well-being of the citizens of Fanatika. As great art is uplifting to the spirit, it also contributes to well-being. The "Karachi Tower" will be a landmark visible for miles around, and will be a beautiful and awesome sight to behold.

Therefore, the Lancre Fund shall donate 1000g toward the completion of this project.

Padma
Director, Lancre Fund

(P.S.: ikey, you better make one helluva good design. ;) )

This is going much better than i had imagined!

The design is coming this weekend. I have the idea already in my mind, but any suggestions are welcome. And now that we have a lot of money from donations, we could even work on some other projects like this one. :)

thanks for everyone for showing interest in the project.
~ikey

Originally posted by Shaitan
Something like the Tower of Pisa (notice the absence of "leaning") would be very nice.

How 'bout the Tower of Kraft?

Kraft=Power in german so it would literally be the Tower of Power, but we are a german civ.... So german is much more appropiate.

ok, here's the design for the tower i just made. I used several resources from the internet as to get an idea of renaissance-style buildings, and put them all together. In the end, it looks more like a gateway-castle-tower complex than just a tower, but i like it anyways :)

(notice the gigantic scale of the builsing, compared to the railway which enters the town of Karachi.)

Tower of Pisa as a name, or as in the pisa style of tower?
Tower of Kraft is a great name! :)

well, say what you think of it ^.^ it is subject to changes, so suggestions are always welcome.

~ikey
(looking forward to see the tower's completion:)

Attachments

• tower01.jpg
    tower01.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 223
Wow! Stunning design indeed!

Awesome..... I was thinking a tower.... Not.... A.... Well.... Not more than one tower :)

Originally posted by Strider
Awesome..... I was thinking a tower.... Not.... A.... Well.... Not more than one tower :)

Quit your whining.

Originally posted by Noldodan

Quit your whining.

I'm not whining.... I just said what I expected it to be. It's better this way though.

Greetings all :)

Octavian, CT: Thanks a lot! :)

Strider: The idea started as just a tower, but as i looked at several resources on west european architecture of the renaissance - industrial time

[even that crazy russian's tower project, >> http://www.auburn.edu/academic/liberal_arts/foreign/russian/art/tatlin-tower.html ] ,

i ended up joining too much images together and the single tower suddenly turned into a ... uhm... not... a... well.... not more than just a tower (as you perfectly stated it :) ). Anyways, i liked the final drawing, so i kept it ^.^

SAAM: But of course! I'd be very glad to work on Cupertania's service! Contact me as of details :)

Padma: I'm still waiting on your evaluation of the costs for the construction, also for the creation of a fund for donations.

If anyone wishes to donate, please feel free to contact me. As stated before, this is a work done to the glory of the people of Fanatika, a building to be donated to them, not a private project. So, any donations welcome ^.^

Goodness! This is quite some ... er ... tower! As much as I hate to say it, I think my original estimate was quite a bit off. This is certainly larger than even a Grand Palace. I'm afraid to say that my estimate for construction costs has skyrocketed Assuming this is not to be used as a place of habitation, we can trim a few corners, but obviously, there must be a few rooms set aside for maintenace staff, and for the convenience of visitors. I think, bare-bones, nothing added, it will cost at least 12,000g.

I truly regret saying that. However, to offset the sting, I will raise the contribution from the Lancre Fund to 3000g.

Top Bottom