Add a new building and improvement with 3D model

Modding Request: Can player’s mod the building that make up the cities? If so, is there a way to change them as tech evolves, so as to add superhighways (autobahns)? Even the Chinese currently have massive highways, etc. [saw a picture of a highway in China that has 10 lanes each way, and access ramps 4 lanes wide.] Also, the global ‘culture’ has mad the skyscrapers of large cities look so similar.

Modding Request: Can player’s mod the building that make up the cities? If so, is there a way to change them as tech evolves, so as to add superhighways (autobahns)? Even the Chinese currently have massive highways, etc. [saw a picture of a highway in China that has 10 lanes each way, and access ramps 4 lanes wide.] Also, the global ‘culture’ has mad the skyscrapers of large cities look so similar.

not yet. city models use multiple skeletons (why not just bones, I have no idea)

Can someone post an example mod, or a link to a mod, with all the xml / sql / VFS for an improvement all set up and working?

Any time I try to add a new ArtDefine for an improvement, I can build the improvement but nothing is visible in-game. There are no error logs, and everything seems ok in the DB, but in game it's just like there's no improvement there (but it is there because hovering over the tile confirms it's built).

I've tried using the files at the start of this thread, and I've also tried using the foraging site from the prehistoric mod, neither work. If I could just see a working example then I should be able to figure out where I'm going wrong.

Can someone post an example mod, or a link to a mod, with all the xml / sql / VFS for an improvement all set up and working?

Any time I try to add a new ArtDefine for an improvement, I can build the improvement but nothing is visible in-game. There are no error logs, and everything seems ok in the DB, but in game it's just like there's no improvement there (but it is there because hovering over the tile confirms it's built).

I've tried using the files at the start of this thread, and I've also tried using the foraging site from the prehistoric mod, neither work. If I could just see a working example then I should be able to figure out where I'm going wrong.

ok, try this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22949

Thank you so much.

I found where I was going wrong.

In Mod Buddy, on the Mod Info tab, there are systems checkboxes that need to be checked. 'Reload Landmark System' needs to be enabled for the model to appear. Presumably 'Reload Strategic View System' needs to be enabled for the new Strategic View icon to appear.

I didn't even realise those checkboxes were there before. That really helped.

Hey Ekmek, thanks for all your work helping people to make mods.

I've tried using your improvement template but when I use my own gr2 files the game crashes trying to load the mod. Any idea what might be causing this?

Hey Ekmek, thanks for all your work helping people to make mods.

I've tried using your improvement template but when I use my own gr2 files the game crashes trying to load the mod. Any idea what might be causing this?

not without seeing your gr2. Did you rig it with my temp blend?

I didn't, I followed the tutorial here and didn't realize.

I don't use Blender much so I'm at a loss as far as rigging this goes. How should it be done?

Can anybody convert resouse Gas? Please...
CivIV file:

Attachments

• Gas.zip
    175.1 KB · Views: 157
Top Bottom