"Adding" BUG to an existing game + Always BUG

pnaxighn

Warlord
I started a game without BUG (technically BAT). I want to continue it with BUG (BAT). Can I do this?

Also, can I set up BTS to always start in BUG/BAT mode? The installer seems to have that option, so I suspect it's a config change somewhere.

Any info appreciated, thanks.

I started a game without BUG (technically BAT). I want to continue it with BUG (BAT). Can I do this?

No, BAT must be installed as a mod (to the Mods folder), and saved games have the mod name in them. So you cannot change the mod for a saved game, nor add/remove a mod to it. This is a Civ4 thing--not a BAT thing.

Also, can I set up BTS to always start in BUG/BAT mode?

Yes, change your CivilizationIV.ini file. Look for "Mod = 0" and change the "0" to be "BAT Mod 1.1" assuming you installed the latest version. It should match the name of the folder in the Mods folder.

Is this also true of BUG? I just grabbed BAT, but, having played with it a bit, it seems like BUG is what I care about.

Edit: Where's the .init? I tried the game's directory, and I tried my home directory...no such luck. Not hugely used to where Windows hides things.

BAT is BUG plus unit, building and terrain graphics. If you just want the screen and interface changes, BUG is all you need. And BUG can be installed directly to CustomAssets and used with existing non-mod saves (those not started with some other mod, such as BAT).

The CivilizationIV.ini file is stored in your "My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword" folder. This is also where all the BUG and BAT files get stored.

Sweet. So I should grab the BUG installer, ignore BAT forevermore, set the ini to load BUG, and I'll be good to go?

Grab BUG and install it to CustomAssets (a.k.a. Standard Install). You're done! No need to modify the CivIV.ini file since BUG will run with all games.

Top Bottom