Adding new panels to the Fire/Live-Tuner

KebraNoir

This is not a game!
I have been unable to find any information on how to extend or use the Firaxis Live/FireTuner (they dont seem to know what its called either).

The link to its wiki is simply broken and google doesnt help much either.

Im trying to setup a scenario and in such i need to modify some diplomatic relations. There is a pane that can be added which suggests it can help modify this but they are empty by default.

Any information on how we extend the features in the Tuner?

I cant belive they release an SDK and provide 0 documentation on how to use it or the ressources it gives access to. Is there really no "MSDN" site where we can browse through variables, functions and the like and see how they interact and could be used?

It sucks, but that's how it's been done for thousands of years. Firaxis put up a "Community V Wiki" and filled it with a skeleton of pages for us modders to fill out. MSDN exists because Microsoft can afford to pay an army of developers and technical writers to produce and maintain it. If Firaxis did that, the game would not exist.

That being said, it would have been nice if they ran Doxygen on their source files and posted the results. :please:

It sucks, but that's how it's been done for thousands of years. Firaxis put up a "Community V Wiki" and filled it with a skeleton of pages for us modders to fill out. MSDN exists because Microsoft can afford to pay an army of developers and technical writers to produce and maintain it. If Firaxis did that, the game would not exist.

That being said, it would have been nice if they ran Doxygen on their source files and posted the results. :please:

Honestly, much of MSDN is just auto generated documentation with userinput for examples. Im guessing they allready documented all public methods properly in the civ5 sdk so running doxy, sandcastle (or whatever) isnt exactly something that will rape the budget.

Is there a wiki up somewhere in which the community has started the documentation?

When you add a new panel, by default there are no controls in the panel....you have to add controls.

That said, one thing that is a bit confusing to me is that when you add a panel, you select from a host of checkboxes that seem to indicate panel type. You can select as many boxes as you want. However, it does not add or change the on entry or on exit code snippet for the panel .... it does not seem to matter what boxes you check ... or at least I cannot see the difference unless there is some panel code running behind the scences.

That said, one thing that is a bit confusing to me is that when you add a panel, you select from a host of checkboxes that seem to indicate panel type. You can select as many boxes as you want. However, it does not add or change the on entry or on exit code snippet for the panel .... it does not seem to matter what boxes you check ... or at least I cannot see the difference unless there is some panel code running behind the scences.

Those checkboxes, in new panel creation, indicate what lua-threads you wish to use with your panel. You can see the list of threads in the dropdown box in top left corner of every panel. Normally you would choose your own mods thread which is named after your mod.

Those checkboxes, in new panel creation, indicate what lua-threads you wish to use with your panel. You can see the list of threads in the dropdown box in top left corner of every panel. Normally you would choose your own mods thread which is named after your mod.

Aye! Thanks!

Top Bottom