Additional Civ 5 Wonders you like to reappear in Civ6

What's your Civ5 Wonder choices you like them to reappear in Civ6?

• 1. Himeji Castle

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • 2. Porcelain Tower

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • 3. Statue of Zeus

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • 4. Parthenon

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 5. Borobudur

• 6. Notre Dame

• 7. Globe Theatre

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • 8. Leaning Tower of Pisa

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 9. Red Fort

• 10. Sistine Chapel

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 11. Uffizi

• 12. Brandenburg Gate

• 13. Louvre

• 14. Neuschwanstein

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • 15. Prora

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 16. The Pentagon

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • 17. CN Tower

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 18. United Nations

• 19. Circus Maximus

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
What's your Civ5 Wonder choices you like them to reappear in Civ6?
While many Civ5 Wonders are carried over to Civ6 (Including The Great Wall, which now becomes TI exclusively buildable by China, and Russian 'Kremlin' which now becomes St. Peter Cathedral). The new Wonder Rules which treated wonders as a kind of non pillageable districts that had their own respective prerequisites such as construction site, adjacencies, parent city, etc, had reduced number of Wonders as well as District systems totally removed National Wonders completely. many Wonders in Civ5 were not included (though some did return in DLCs or expansion packs).

What's your Wonder Choices you want them to reappear? (You may choose as many as 5 (Five))

Spoiler :

Lists of Civ 5 World Wonders available
1. Himeji Castle

Prerequisites
- Tech: Gunpowder
- Adjacency: Encampment
- Site: hills
Effect
- +2 Great Engineer Points
- Free Medieval Walls to a parent city if not constructed already. Additional Defense and ranged attack values to both City and Encampment
- +15% Combat Strength for units fighting in friendly territory.
- Fort functions
2. Porcelain Tower
Prerequisites
- Civic: Rationalism
- Adjacency: Campus OR Holy Sites
- Site: Any flat hex
Effect
- A Great Scientist is immediately awarded to player. If no Great Scientist is recruitable, Great Persons that player had accumulated highest score (left hand order if no highest score is determined) at the turn this wonder is completed is awarded instead
- 50% more Science from research agreements (Can't remember if RA is still called as such in Civ6)
- +2 Great Scientist Points
3. Statue of Zeus
Prerequisites
- Civic: Military Tradition
- Adjacency: Encampment OR Holy Site OR Entertainment Complex, AND Mountains
- Site: hills
Effect
- All units gain +15% Combat Strength when attacking cities
4. Parthenon
Prerequisites
- Civic: Mysticism
- Adjacency: Theatre Square (Ha! Greeks have Acropolis, and Parthenon is built right next to it IRL)
- Site: Hills
Effect
- One free Great Works of Art is awarded to a player once the wonder is finished (Tradeable), contains one Great Works of Arts slot.
5. Borobudur
Prerequisites
- Civic: Theology
- Adjacency: Holy Site
- Site: Rainforest or Forest (ANY)
- Other: A city must adopt religion (ANY)
Effects
- +4 Faiths per turn
- Adjacent Holy Site generates +1 Faith, +2 Sciences and Cultures per turn
- 1 Apostle and 2 Missionaries appear in a parent city.
6. Notre Dame
Prerequisites
- Civic: Divine Rights
- Adjacency: City Center and river (City does NOT neccessary located by the river. just one hex away is still permitted)
- Site: Flatlands (ANY)
Effect
- +3 Culture, +4 Faith per turn
- +3 Amenities in a parent city, and +2 to any city owned by parent civilizaiton within the radius of 10 hexes.
- Allows faith purchases of religious units even without holy sites and prerequisite buildings constructed.
7. Globe Theatre
Prerequisites
- Tech: Printing (Press is dropped :p )
- Adjacency: Theatre Square
- Site: ANY
Effect
- A Great Writer is awarded to a civ that finished construction, and appeared in a city where this wonder is built.
- +2 Cultures per turn
- 2 (Two) slots of Great Works of Writing
8. Leaning Tower of Pisa
Prerequisites
- Tech: Printing
- Adjacency: City Center
- Site: Any
Effect
- +25% GPP by the turn this wonder is finished
- A Great Person of choice is awarded to a civ that finish this wonder, appears at the parent city
9. Red Fort
Prerequisites
- Tech: Metal Casting
- Adjacency: City Center
Effect
- Grants a free Renaissance Walls to a parent city
- +1 Great Scientist Point
- Counts as Fort.
10. Sistine Chapel
Prerequisites
- Civic: Reformed Church
- Adjacency: Holy Site
- Site: Hills
Effect
- +25% Cultures generated in all cities
- 2 (Two) Slots of Great Works of Art
11. Uffizi
Prerequisites
- Civic: Humanism
- Adjacency: City Center OR Harbor (On land), Next to the coast.
Effect
- A Great Artist is awarded to a civ that finished construction, and appeared in a city where this wonder is built.
- 3 (Three) Slots of Great Works of Art
- +2 Culture per turn
12. Brandenburg Gate
Prerequisites
- Tech: Military Science
- Adjacency: City Center, Capitol.
- Site: Flatlands (Any)
Effect
- +15% Experience to all units trained in a parent city.
- A Great General is awarded to a civ that finished construction, and appeared in a capitol city.
13. Louvre
Prerequisites
- Civic: Exploration
- Adjacency: None
Effect
- Four Slots of Great Works (Arts or Archaeology)
- A Great Artist is awarded to a civ that finished construction, and appeared in a city where this wonder is built.
14. Neuschwanstein
Prerequisites
- Civic: Opera and Ballet
- Adjacency: None
- Site: Mountains!!!
Effect
- +1 Great Merchant Points
- + 4 Culture, +2 Gold per turn, +1 Gold per tourist visiting parent city
- All Medieval Walls of a parent civilization generates +3 Gold and +1 Amenity
15. Prora
Prerequisites
- Civic: Totalitarianism
- Adjacency: Coast with sand beaches
- Other Prerequisites: Parent City has Industrial Zone with factory built.
Effect
- +2 Amenities
- One Economic and Wildcard Policy Slots
- +1 Appeal to any coastal tiles
- +1 Amenity to a city that has at least one Seaside Resort
- +2 Gold generated by Seaside Resort of any appeal.
16. The Pentagon
Prerequisites
- Civic: Mobilization
- Adjacency: Next to existing districts that built next to Capitol City Center
Effect
- + 2 Great General Points
- Grants effects of Professional Army policy card by default + Additional 33% Discounts on unit upgrades calculated by base costs
- Removes professional army card.
17. CN Tower
Prerequisites
- Tech: Rocketry
- Adjacency: Next to existing districts that built next to City Center
Effect
- Theater Square can be constructed even if a construction is exceeding district quota count. Free Broadcasting Center in every theater square regardless of preexisting Theatre Square buildings. Future Theater square comes with pre built broadcasting center.
- +1 Housing and Amenity in every city
- +1 Great Merchant Point.
18. United Nations
Prerequisites
- Civic: Cold War
- Adjacency: City Center OR Commercial Hub
- Other Prerequisite: A city must have Harbor built
Effect
- +2 Great Merchant Points
- Less Warmonger penalties incurred, Warmonger reduced faster.
- +100 Golds per Every Civilizations (minus parent civ) and +50 golds per every city states still existing in the game.
19. Circus Maximus
Prerequisites
- Civic: Games and Recreations
- Adjacency: Entertainment Complex with Arena being built AND Encampment with Stables built.
Effect
- +5 +2 Culture, +3 Amenities from entertainment (Effects doubled with Combustion tech)
- Encampments with Stables generate +1 Culture and +1 Amenity
- +10% Experiences to cavalry units built, in addition to Stables effect.

What do you think of my Prereq and Effect profiles of these wonders in the choice?

I voted for
Statue of Zeus: (The only Ancient wonder still missing): I'd make it just require a Holy Site. Theological Combat Strength would be nice since they use lightning.
Notre Dame: (As a nod to it burning earlier): Bonuses are fine.
The Louvre: ( The largest Art Museum in the world) I'd actually make it give defensive bonuses first since it was built originally as a castle and gain the museum/culture bonuses later.
Globe Theater: Those bonuses are fine and what I would give it. Maybe make it require at least an amphitheater in the Theater Square and provide more Writer GPPs as well.
Pentagon: (The look of it would look great in this game) I think it should be built next to an Encampment in your capital or maybe even the Govt. Plaza.

I miss Borobudur; after what they did with the hanging gardens, i would love to see FXS' take on an in game model for Boro.
I thought Neuschwanstein was amazing and would love another wonder that could be placed on mountains. (Moving potala to mountain tile would be cool too!)

But the one I really miss as a model is the Shwedagon Paya from civ4. Can you even imagine how cool they could make that look in civ6?!

About a half dozen of those are already available as mods, with at least another 5 or 6 in various stages of completion.
I see. Much of these C5 Wonder mods are made by my mentor. Deliverator. And all of these are a nod to Civ5

Of these choices, I voted for:

Statue of Zeus (the game doesn't feel complete without this, in my opinion)
Notre Dame (the most famous gothic cathedral, this is another necessary item for the game)
Borobudur (because it's an Indonesian icon and a Southeast Asian wonder)
Neuschwanstein (because it is an icon of Germany and a very beautiful castle)
Himeji Castle (also very beautiful and an icon of Japanese history)

Honorable Mentions:
Porcelain Tower (it was actually considered a real world wonder, and more Chinese wonder please)
Louvre (more wonders with slots for artworks are welcome)
CN Tower (since Canada is in the game, I think this also could be in the game, besides, more modern wonder, I need things to build in the late game)

Of these choices, I voted for:

Statue of Zeus (the game doesn't feel complete without this, in my opinion)
Notre Dame (the most famous gothic cathedral, this is another necessary item for the game)
Borobudur (because it's an Indonesian icon and a Southeast Asian wonder)
Neuschwanstein (because it is an icon of Germany and a very beautiful castle)
Himeji Castle (also very beautiful and an icon of Japanese history)

Honorable Mentions:
Porcelain Tower (it was actually considered a real world wonder, and more Chinese wonder please)
Louvre (more wonders with slots for artworks are welcome)
CN Tower (since Canada is in the game, I think this also could be in the game, besides, more modern wonder, I need things to build in the late game)
Borobudur, Neuschwanstein Castle, & Porcelain Tower have already been released. Himeji, iirc is tentatively planned for a future release. And, Windfly did a Notre Dame a while back.

Hmmmmm I would kind of like the Pentagon and Borobudur, but many of these I don't have much conviction for. Maybe Uffizi if we don't get an Italian civ?

Things that I am generally opposed to, in order of strength of conviction:

* Prora - I'm pretty sure this one is never happening again and I am totally fine with that.
* Pisa - not really a wonder so much as a curiosity. A thoroughly uninteresting bell tower that got very lucky.
* Parthenon/Circus Maximus - beta wonders from parts of the world that get way too much attention in this area.
* The Louvre - itself isn't architecturally impressive and doesn't say anything about museum history. Would prefer an older museum wonder.
* CN Tower - I don't think one tallest tower is fair to all the other towers. I want us to be able to build several tallest towers over the course of a game.
* Neuschwanstein - yes it's beautiful and Wagnerian but a lot of its modern popularity seems to be vaguely related to...Disney. And we already have another Disney-influencing castle in Mont St. Michel. Given that we could just as easily have Versailles or Hohenzollern or Chambord I just don't feel any special attachment to this or any other second European castle other than giving us a second German wonder. Although maybe, given VI's art design, it should be included precisely because it is the prototypical Disney castle. Hm.
* Notre Dame - it's certainly not the biggest gothic cathedral, not the oldest, not the most ornate. Its global relevance is more tied to cultural legacies (particularly literature) than being an architectural marvel, which is fine in the same sense that we have Broadway representing theatre and Sydney representing opera and Bolshoi representing ballet (even though theatre, opera, and ballet didn't originate in any of these locations, just arguably reached their prime there), I just think it's often put on pedestals with spurious understanding of what would make it more exceptional than its contemporaries.
* Statue of Zeus - I think the old seven wonders are pretty myopic in their scope. At this point they might as well complete the set and Zeus is guaranteed to be in expack 3. The low expectations they set kind of bore me by now, and I've generally thought that half of them (particularly the half that are just variations on "temple") aren't as interesting as dozens of other structures around the world. It's happening, but I've been over it since base game.

I’m looking forward to Statue of Zeus. The Ancient Wonders are the only real historical wonders, so filling those out is important.

After that, I’m not sure I care that much. I’m not even sure what makes a Wonder? To me, it’s probably mostly about the architectural or engineering challenge - that’s ostensibly what the original wonders were all about. Many of the current wonders, particularly late game ones, seem to be justified just by being famous. But whatever. It’s fine.

Personally, I’d like to see the Prora. It’s historically very interesting, in a horrible macabre way, and I really only know about it because of Civ 5. Making a game out of facism, which Civ has to do as a historical war / politics / diplomacy game has to do to
some extent, is very tricky and there’s lots of stuff FXS shouldn’t touch with a barge pole. I think the Prora is a good candidate for something in this area, without getting into stuff that’s full on murky or offensive.

By the same token, I’d like to see Red Square in the game as the Communism Wonder, and the Pentagon as they Democracy Wonder. I also think we need a Spy Wonder, and either of those would work.

I’d also like to see the Apostolic Palace and UN Building come back. Building the first would trigger the World Congress, and give the owner additional Diplo-Favour; building the second would trigger new resolutions and grant DV points or maybe resistance to being voted down.

I likewise don’t want to see the Lourve (which isn’t a great building and we already have the Hermitage so the big art gallery category is filled), the Neushwitz-a-witza-thingy, because we’re not playing Civilization: Frozen 3, Elsa builds Spearmen, or any of the other Lonely Planet Top 12 Tourist Sites on a Budget Wonders.

I’d love Potato Palace to move to a Mountain Tile, and maybe another Wonder be built on a Mountain.

I always loved building the Leaning Tower, picking the great engineer, and then building Globe Theater in a couple turns. It's like two wonders in one!

CN Tower was almost never worth my time.

Prora...I think I built that like once but I forget what it does. Must not have been too important.

Top Bottom