ADDON: Extra Civ pack for RoM 2.0

I still get an XML error for each new leader (presumably):
Tag: LEADER_<NAME> in Info Class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml

I have installed RoM2.0ExtraCivPack1.01.zip on top of RiseOfMankind2.0.zip in a folder called Rise of Mankind v2
I simply copied the content of the Rise of Mankind folder in each zip into my Rise of Mankind v2 folder, first the standard v2, then the extra civs.

I also get the defunct city overview. I don't know if these are related.

Edit: Tried switching to en empty CustomAssets folder: No difference. I dont get to select the added civs when setting up a game, presumably because of the problems in Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xm (or whereever it is).

@RobO

Might be one or more paths set incorrect when you did the merging that way and that's why Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml complains why it can't find leaders (not defined yet when it comes to this far on checking the xml files). Modules are loaded first and after that regular xml files. Path for new civs should be 'Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations'. Modular loading should be also set to 1 or BtS won't load modules at all.

@RobO

Might be one or more paths set incorrect when you did the merging that way and that's why Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml complains why it can't find leaders (not defined yet when it comes to this far on checking the xml files). Modules are loaded first and after that regular xml files. Path for new civs should be 'Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations'. Modular loading should be also set to 1 or BtS won't load modules at all.

Since i downloaded the extra civ pack, the inicialization became much slower. Is there a way to avoid that? Can i simply delete in the mentioned folder the civs i'm not interested at, in order to enlighten the loading?

@RobO

I'm pretty sure the install is correct - I simply unzip ina temporary folder d copy the files over - it's basically the same operation as unzipping directly to the Mods folder.

Modular loading is a different matter. I assume I need to enable that all the way down (I seem to recall this setting from Civilization.ini as well as from individual mods).'ll give it a try. You might want to add this fact to your install instructions if it isn't already there.

Since i downloaded the extra civ pack, the inicialization became much slower. Is there a way to avoid that? Can i simply delete in the mentioned folder the civs i'm not interested at, in order to enlighten the loading?
It does slow down because there's hundreds of new files that need to be loaded during start up (each civ's xml files). There should be folder 'Unloaded Modules\Custom Civilizations' under 'Rise of Mankind', move those Civ's folders that you don't want in your game to this folder and they're not loaded anymore.

Hmm, now that I thought about how this effects diplomacy, I'm not sure if you can delete them.. so better try moving them to another location first and move back if you encounter the diplomacy bug.

@RobO

I've set Modular loading to 1 in 'Rise of Mankind.ini' which was included in Extra Civ addon, thought this would do the trick to enable it for the mod.
Yes you did, but my mod folder is named "Rise of Mankind v2" and thus has a separate ini file. So I think you should add a note about this to the install instructions.

The civs and leaders did appear once I turned modular loading on in Rise of Mankind v2.ini

In general it is better to rename the ini file that has the mod's name to whatever you name the installation folder. This way you keep any options in the ini file that the author changed from the default. Also some mods add custom config options in this file.

I have changed the Danish flag from that strange bird included in the civ pack to the current flag, copied from strategyonly's Denmark civ.

Here's the install instructions:
To install the new Danish flag, unzip the contents to the place where you installed the extra civs, typically

...\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Denmark

NOTE:
This will overwrite two files:
Denmark_CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml
Denmark.dds
I have provided the originals with .original appended to the filename. Just rename them and delete my files if you want to go back to the flag provided in the Civ pack.

Thanks to strategyonly, who provide the files in his version of the Denmark Civ here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=273665

Attachments

• Danish Flag.zip
    378.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Danish Flag Screenshot.JPG
    Danish Flag Screenshot.JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 256
I have edited the leaders of the Danish Civ to be
Canute: Spiritual, Organized (was Spiritual, Creative)
Christian: Imperialist, Industrious (was Imperialist, Protective)
Margrete: Charismatic, Imperialist (was Charismatic, Industrious)

I simply edited the TraitType setting in <name>_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml. I have a feeling, however, that this isn't quite enough. There are so many settings in this file, and they are bound to interact. For examp,e, what are the different FLAVOR settings and what do they do?

Can someone point me to a place where I can look this up?

Could you add the Maori civilization from Civ Gold as well?

This add-on is nice but I'm running out of memory all the time.

What would be the best way to "uninstall" or "disable" the add-on and all the files? (Including the small patch files etc. outside the assets/modules-folder, if they even affect the whole mod and memory allocation in any way...)

If I just move the extra stuff under the mods/rom/assets/modules-path to a different location on my hard drive, will that be enough or do I have to replace/remove/edit any other files?

Thanks in advance!

just reinstall the addon without the extra civ stuff... or do it the hard way and hunt down all the files and move or delete them out of the mods folder

I'm going to upload new version of extra civ addon pack today if all goes well. Addon is now updated to RoM 2.2 plus 2 new civs have been added so there's now 50 additional Civs for RoM 2.2 :)

I'm not sure if I should post this in the bugs topic or in here, but I get the "missing user interface" bug when I add this pack to RoM2.2. I tried unzipping that "RoM 2.0 CvPath", and it works fine for the interface, but I get none of the new civs available in this addon. I imagine you could add the same file with the new civs included for download, right? \o/

EDIT: I have tried reinstalling RoM2.2 and the addon, and I always get the same result now: I don't get the user interface for RoM2.2, then I unzip "RoM 2.0 CvPath" and it works properly. However, when I install the extra civs addon, the user interface disappears, no matter what version of the CvPath.py is installed.

@darkyxinhow

Are you using normal BtS or Civ Complete Edition? If you could upload log files from a extra civ game (just start game, close it, zip the log files) I might be able to figure out what causes the UI to disappear. See version 2.x bug thread for instructions how to enable logging.

The picture of the leader was there and his name in the top box, but in the bottom box where my choices are to start war of have piece it had some reference link (forgot exactly what it said) rather than the leaders name?

Anything I need to do to enable this or is this just how it works?

Sorry, I'm kind of clueless about these mods as RoM2.2 and this civpack were my first two. Seems to work fine otherwise though...

-----------

Just noticed that earlier in this thread somebody else had the same issue:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=176383&d=1210097197

This is exactly what happens when I meet a civ for the first time. It's only a minor bug but is there something that I need to configure to fix this or is it just a bug?

@TheDisco

It's bug, he's just missing first contact text info so it's not big issue, you'll see that particular text piece only once per game. Does this happen with every extra civ from addon pack you meet or just one?

I think it happens to all the new civs the first time I meet them, but actually I haven't played again yet to test as Im now reinstalling both RoM and civ add-on mods and the latest revolutiondcm mod that was just released.

I'm not too worried about it if its just a bug as it is pretty trivial, but if I were the only one seeing this I'd be worried I have deeper issues that would hit me in other ways...

----------------

I just reinstalled and played again and didn't notice it happening at all this time. The only difference is this time I also added the latest RevolutionDCM mod as well. Not sure if that is what fixed it, or if there are just a few civs that are missing first contact text and I haven't met any more of them yet. In any case, I'm happy though. Thanks...

Top Bottom