ADDON: Extra Civ pack for RoM 2.0

Just give me a couple days... yesterday I had some problems during the full v2.5 RoM upload so after it was done I had no time to upload the RoM 2.5 mega pack which holds both RoM 2.5 and extra civ addon pack pre-installed. I'll try to get it uploaded during xmas, it just takes some hours since it's 400MB pack.

Though RoM 2.5 + extra civ addon 1.2 + addon patch 1.3 should work since there isn't any conflicts between v2.5 and addon patch 1.3.

Cool, we were playing with 2.5 and the extra civs on top of it last night, once we got everything running it seemed to be working fine.

Thanks!

"Moor" & "Moors" is simply a term derived from Portuguese to describe dark-skinned people. It doesn't properly describe a civilization. Some might find its use pejorative or offensive. What you are probably looking for is Almoravides dynasty

One problem I was just reminded of... I have currently the full version of 2.5 with the add on civ packs added on. When I leave my game and go to the main menu and either try to reload or start a new game, I get MAF. If I exit the client entirely, it's fine. This was a problem when I had 2.4, added 1.2 extra civs, upgraded to 2.5 and then 1.3. My friends playing with that upgrade path get a message that my files are not the same as theirs - even my friend that is playing with the same upgrade path that I am!

I just re-downloaded all the mods and patches and re-installed them yesterday to get my computer and my son's working together. I'm getting good and finding the cache and saved games and all that and getting rid of them, btw. :) We spent a couple of hours playing "almost Civ" until we got that working. He still couldn't join a game in progress, but could finally join in the staging room, so we all hope to play today.

I've tried to upload the full mod packaged with extra civs couple times during xmas but all those tries failed due to network problems - it takes 2-3 hours to upload that 400MB package and just one error during that time and I'll have to start uploading it again... I'll try to upload again soon while wearing some good luck items... :rolleyes:

I hope that before you release another version of civ pack Latvia will have another LH and 1 or 2 UU. :)

Good luck uploading that file. :p

I've tried to upload the full mod packaged with extra civs couple times during xmas but all those tries failed due to network problems - it takes 2-3 hours to upload that 400MB package and just one error during that time and I'll have to start uploading it again... I'll try to upload again soon while wearing some good luck items... :rolleyes:

It is easy to divide the whole XXX.rar file into several parts when you compress the files by using winrar, with each part smaller than 100mb or even 50mb, which can make you upload the full mod packaged easier.:)

It is easy to divide the whole XXX.rar file into several parts when you compress the files by using winrar, with each part smaller than 100mb or even 50mb, which can make you upload the full mod packaged easier.:)
True, but then I'd get more questions about install problems so I'd rather have the whole mod in one zip package ;)

Thanks for the correction always willing to learn something new. would it be possible to add the Almoravid dynasty? Thanks in advance

Rise of Mankind mega pack has been uploaded. It includes main mod files + extra civ addon pack 1.3. See first post for download link.

Now that I finally got it uploaded, I can start adding more civs to the pack and I'll try to release them during January.

Rise of Mankind mega pack has been uploaded. It includes main mod files + extra civ addon pack 1.3. See first post for download link.

Now that I finally got it uploaded, I can start adding more civs to the pack and I'll try to release them during January.

Now if only it would work and not give me a runtime error...

Any other requests for new civs or leaders that should be included in the next extra civ addon pack version? So far to the next version I have added Latvia and 10 or so new leaders for various civs.

Note that I'll be adding only new civs&leaders which already are in modular format with all the required xml files included with pedia infos etc. I don't have time to make new civs or leaders from scratch (ie. I don't download graphics files, search for pedia+diplomacy texts). I can however convert basic Civ4 or Warlords version modular civs/leaders to BtS version so it doesn't matter for which version of Civ4 the module has been previously made.

Currently I'm converting some extra leaders from Civ 4 Gold mod to RoM and after that I look through other mods that I have on my computer and see if those have some other leaders that I could use too. It would be good if we give 2 leaders for each Civ so 1 new leader for those civs which currently have just 1.

I'd rather see the extra civs receiving a little more flavour.

@Zappara

If you are adding new leaders for existing civs, I would like to have Cleopatra for Egypt and Dido for Carthage. Troy has existed historically so it would qualify for a civ compared to others included. Macedonia is another civ I like to see in RoM.

I have downloaded the mega pack recently (I had some games going and I liked to finish them first). It is sure nice to have more variety of civs and leaders. It might be however weighing heavily on system resources, I tried to start a game with a large map and I got a run-time error. This is weird. Normally it should be a MAF. I played next on a standard map and all went fine. I will try larger maps once more as they should work for me (I have 4GB of RAM and an NV 8500 GT with 512 MB VRAM). I'll report again if I still have a problem though I don't think there is much you can do about it. Experience tell that systems can fail mysteriously on some occasions though theoretically they shouldn't. I know that there is something about PCs' performance besides their stats. Usually it is the quality of the components, and their enter-compatibility as well as their usage history.

Top Bottom