1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ADDON: Extra Civ pack for RoM 2.0

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by zappara, May 1, 2008.

1. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

New Megapack has been uploaded!

Download Rise of Mankind v2.62 Megapack (640MB)

and I do hope it works just fine... 640MB in packed file and 1.5gigs unpacked size and there's huge amount of files...

2. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

Thanks Zap!

Though my Display Card went dead on me (it is either over-civing, bad manufacturing, or both) and I had to replace it with a lower stats one. I am not likely to be able to play the mega pack for some time.

3. Ogaburan

Ogaburan Warlord

yeah thanks, im actually going to update my pc for this... :D

4. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

I get many error messages popups at loading.

" Tag:LEADER_xxx_in info class was incorrect
    Current XML file is\Civilizations/Civ4Civilizationinfos.xml "

Whereas "xxx" represents leaders' names (all the new civs).

The mod loads afterward but display's no new civilizations.

5. Munger

Munger Dietary

Thanks Zap for the megapack update!

I noticed in the megapack that it doesn't include some fairly high quality leader models which you may wish to add, notably:

American presidents from the More Stuff mod (Obama, Reagan and Dubya all have good models):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=304900

Hitler:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=306427

I realise Hitler is a bit of political hot potato but purely in terms of historical significance he should really be included.

Just my thoughts. :)

6. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

I imagine that it is why that Mussolini and Pol Pot are not added as well.

IMO, Stalin was just, or more, of a butcher, and he was included with BtS, which means I do not see any controversy.

I hope I can load this megapack, the last one caused an error and did not load.

7. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

100% Agreed.

8. waywardclam

waywardclam Chieftain

Getting CTDs just before game begins every time I try to run it. Going to try cleaning it out completely and installing the megapack from scratch... will be back tomorrow to report how well that worked (or didn't).

9. RobO

RobO King

I had the same. I had changed the mod folder name, and the problem disappeared when I changed the folder name back to the default "Rise of Mankind".

I know I need to edit some python files to change the folder name correctly - but I'm unsure exactly what it takes with this version. CvModFolder.py and CvModName.py both have a modFolder variable, but changing these did not fix the problem.

Zap, your readme really should explain how to do this.

10. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

Thank you. I see now I've made a mistake by changing the folder name. That fixed it, but now once I try to launch a new game I get a runtime/allplication had to close error.

I think I'll just take a few civs out of that pack and move the to the default mod.

11. RobO

RobO King

I get memory allocation problems with the Mega Pack. I'm going back as well.

12. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

Just a quick inquiry,

Say I want to move a custom civilization from mega pack top ROM 2.62, which files do I need to move and/or modify?

13. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Move:
    That custom civ folder with all its contents. Might need to move leader(s) from Custom Leaders -folders if that civ uses some extra leaders (see [civname]_civilizationInfos.xml for leaders).

Modify:
    DiplomacyInfos.xml (first contact text section)
    Audio defines (defines, 2D, 3D) if that civ has new sounds (Leaderhead xml has music settings and CivilizationInfos for select sounds).

14. Blue Senshi

Blue Senshi Warlord

I had loaded version 2.62 mega pack but when I tried to load a custom game map I got an error message and ctd.

I then deleted that version and installed the full regular version 2.62. But now when I try to load the mod within the game I keep getting error messages during the "xml uncached" loading saying it failed to load various module/custom civs. It runs through several such error messages referencing civs that were in the mega pack but are not in the reg 2.62 version.

What's going on and how do I stop it? I never had this problem when I deleted the mega pack and went back to the regular mod in the 2.5 version.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  15. Blue Senshi

Blue Senshi Warlord

I think this happened because I still had the R.O.M.E. modules installed.

16. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Now that the v2.7 is released, I can start converting the addon civs for it. I'll probably upload them as individual modular civs since now RoM should support modular diplomacy (I haven't tested it yet) so new civs can be fully modular. Once all have been checked and converted to new settings, I could make one addon pack which contains all the civs (like previously in megapack).

17. fox456

fox456 Warlord

Hello. I was just wondering about the progress of this extra civ addon pack. Also, will it include Reagan, Mussolini and Hitler? Thanks for all your work on this too.

18. piwlak

piwlak Chieftain

Can we expect release 2.7 version, in this month?
    This addon looks great, and i just downloaded RoM, so it will be nice, to start playing with this addon

19. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

The addon is now about 50% converted to v2.7 format. It should be ready some time next week.

20. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

A little suggestion if I may Zappa..... With the conversion of ROM to modular support I suggest releasing the Megapack in just that form. Making extra civilizations an option instead of a necessity. This way people can just Add the civilizations they want instead of the whole bunch of them which causes memory allocation problems and what not.