ADDON: Extra Civ pack for RoM 2.0

A little suggestion if I may Zappa..... With the conversion of ROM to modular support I suggest releasing the Megapack in just that form. Making extra civilizations an option instead of a necessity. This way people can just Add the civilizations they want instead of the whole bunch of them which causes memory allocation problems and what not.

Oh, I'm fairly confidently that each civ will be in separate folders and therefore easy to choose from. It is how modular system works now.

Oh, I'm fairly confidently that each civ will be in separate folders and therefore easy to choose from. It is how modular system works now.
Yes they are in modular format and in fact now also their diplomacy and sounds have been changed to modular format so player can better choose what civs to use but there is small limitations in this system still. I'll tell more about the install procedure once the pack is completely converted. Progress now at about 75% and I should have the rest civs converted later today. Then day or two for testing and making the zip files so upload should be possible for the weekend.

What exactly needs to be changed to get a modular faction into the mod?
BtS modular civs need at least following changes:

Starting civics must be matched with RoM defaults
Starting techs has to be changed
Unit and building effects and requirements should match those in RoM
Leader's traits and favorite civics changed to RoM system
Transhuman Era music defines added to Leaderheadinfos
All schema files updated to those in RoM
WoC style modular diplomacy files need to be added
If modular civ has new sound defines, those have to have also included in WoC modular format (merged to main mod files automatically by using WoC_installer.jar from the Modules directory).

Mega Civ addon pack uploaded. See the first post in this thread for download link. Note that you need Rise of Mankind v2.71 installed before using the civs in this addon pack.

I recently installed the RoM 2.5 Megapack so that I could try out the fixed borders mod. I unzipped the entire file (which includes the 50 civ addon pack) into the BtS Mod folder, but I continuously get a series of error messages when I start RoM 2.5. It reads something like: "Info Class Incorrect" for each leaderhead file. The message then points to the "current XML file." Once in game, there is no sign of the 50 added civs. Leaderheads or not, nothing appears or even suggests that they were installed correctly. Any ideas?

Code:
						<Leader>
							<LeaderType>LEADER_TASHUNKEWITKO/LeaderType>
							<bLeaderType>1</bLeaderType>
						</Leader>
missing < at ending Leader Type tag in Tashunk_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml should be
Code:
						<Leader>
							<LeaderType>LEADER_TASHUNKEWITKO</LeaderType>
							<bLeaderType>1</bLeaderType>
						</Leader>

i´m afraid, but I´ve got a problem with this civ-pack... I follow the install-instructions, everything works so far... but when I start RoM, no Menu appears, only the normal Civ 4 startingscreen with Rise of Mankind but without menu..

Is there any other file needed or what am i doing wrong? :(

greetings, Mighty..

btw, I´ve got RoM 2.71

I think there is a problem with the file Zappa, file description is Mega Civ Pack for Rise of Mankind 2.71 mod but the file name is MegaCivPack1.6.rar. Something went horribly, horribly wrong along the way!

I think there is a problem with the file Zappa, file description is Mega Civ Pack for Rise of Mankind 2.71 mod but the file name is MegaCivPack1.6.rar. Something went horribly, horribly wrong along the way!
Haven't downloaded the file yet, but

Version history:

Version 1.6
-----------
- Converted all civilizations to Rise of Mankind 2.71 modular format (WoC)
- Changed some units' stats to match Rise of Mankind 2.71 settings
- Fixed couple small bugs
(quoted from the first page)

Have you try to play it ??
From the information above, it look like that's the right file.
(Although i really hope that he'll reupload the file somewhere else.Atomic is really suck now.Worst then filefront, that was worst before(but they really improve their server after they cleaned their database few weeks ago).I need 2 hours to download 80mb file in AG, so it's mean that i must sit in the front of my laptop for about 10 hours tomorrow, and cross my finger to hope that the connection would be fine(because sometime AG support resume, but sometime it doesn't.But it's ok.You have done your work exceed what you need to be done Zap. So i can't push you to waste your relaxing time to upload the file somewhere else.

Nothing went wrong, Mega Civ Pack has its own version numbering and currently it is at v1.6 and works with RoM v2.71.

I'm having the same problem here. Clean install of RoM 2.71 works fine. As soon as I add this Mega Civ Pack the game loses menus. No other modules installed at all. Followed all the instructions including the java script one. Btw. there is an error in the instructions on how to install this pack:
7. Go to 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations' and double click WoC_installer.jar file (If the application interface does not appear, a Java SE Runtime Environment(JRE) will be required. A Java runtime can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/.). WoC_installer merges the new audio from all the chosen new civs to the main mod audio define files. When WoC_installer says 'Application done' you can close it.

The file is NOT in the Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations, its in the Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules folder. It works fine when you run and gives no error messages.

I also got an error with the mega pack. I followed the instruction precisely. It goes smoothly through main menu and the selection menus. But then the game freezes with following window. I tried it several times always with the same result:

CvlSystemLoadError: LSystem XML subsystem failed to load. This is probably due to a schema error.

I am sorry but I am not familliar with error logging. But I will try to reduce the number of civs and see if that helps.

edit: just reduced the number of modular civs to about 25 an dthen it worked fine. so it seems to be a memory problem. does anyone know if there is also a 2GB limitation in win7 as in winxp and if there is also a workaround?

zarg

I'm having the same trouble after I install the MegaPack. I have not used the modular system before so I wasn't sure if there was more to it than installing the files in the correct folder structure. Do I have to tweak any other files once this is done?

I can choose my civs but when it goes to load the map, it hangs.

I also got an error with the mega pack. I followed the instruction precisely. It goes smoothly through main menu and the selection menus. But then the game freezes with following window. I tried it several times always with the same result:

CvlSystemLoadError: LSystem XML subsystem failed to load. This is probably due to a schema error.

I am sorry but I am not familliar with error logging. But I will try to reduce the number of civs and see if that helps.

edit: just reduced the number of modular civs to about 25 an dthen it worked fine. so it seems to be a memory problem. does anyone know if there is also a 2GB limitation in win7 as in winxp and if there is also a workaround?

zarg

There is no 2gb ram problem with Win 7. If you're using 32bit, the max is 3.75gb ram.

Zappara, perhaps you should make high minimum requirements for this addon, considering how much it adds to the game. Perhaps 4gb Ram, 512mb 8600 Nvidia or higher... Stuff like that.

There is no 2gb ram problem with Win 7. If you're using 32bit, the max is 3.75gb ram.

Zappara, perhaps you should make high minimum requirements for this addon, considering how much it adds to the game. Perhaps 4gb Ram, 512mb 8600 Nvidia or higher... Stuff like that.

I would have to disagree with this. I have a VISTA 2GHZ AMD, 2GB RAM, 128MB GRAPHIC on a Acer Laptop and the game runs fine on huge maps (Though I have to go with low graphic settings in industrial/later)

EDIT : Man, I'm too tired. Off to bed. Didnt even see it was the addon. sorry guys

This mod loads fine and all for me, and everything looks in it's place, but when I launch a custom game it seems to pause right after launch and never continues, to the point when I cannot enter desktop and have to perform a hard reset.:cry:

This mod loads fine and all for me, and everything looks in it's place, but when I launch a custom game it seems to pause right after launch and never continues, to the point when I cannot enter desktop and have to perform a hard reset.:cry:
Same on my laptop.. it only works with most of the extra civs deleted (and even then only on lowest detail and gets still graphic errors). The mod seems only to work on high end PCs ;)

Top Bottom