addRivers in Python, impossible?

cephalo

Deity
I've really been struggling trying to get my rivers to come out right in my map script. I've got the SDK and I've read the default C++ code for addRivers, but even if I try to emulate the default code, my rivers aren't behaving well at all.

For one thing, in regards to river flow, CardinalDirectionTypes.CARDINALDIRECTION_NORTH and CardinalDirectionTypes.CARDINALDIRECTION_SOUTH appear to be reversed! I don't know how that's possible as I'm a little unclear as to how the C++ hooks up with python, but my doRiver function in Python is very similar to the default one and I really don't think my code is the problem.(famous last words)

Also there appears to be alot of breaks in my rivers that shouldn't be there, also there are river intersection tiles appearing when there is no intersection.

I've also noticing that making rivers with the WorldBuilder is also extremely messed up. Getting the river you want takes alot of creating and deleting to avoid horrible artifacts. I haven't the slightest idea how I could automate that process. Does anyone have experience with getting *predictable* results from river scripting? I just know I'm missing some very important information. Theres alot more to rivers than simply using setNOfRiver and setWOfRiver in the right places. Anyone know what that is?

Woah! 5 minutes after posting this I figured out that the map plots are arranged with 0,0 at the SOUTHwest corner! I had assumed it would be the top left corner! Since my script makes random maps, I had no idea all this time! Yeah that might make my rivers a little wonky lololol.

:mischief: :crazyeye:

Top Bottom