Adjusting the default settings of the advanced game setup

Developer

Chieftain
I found repeatedly adjusting the same settings so annoying that I played with the lua files a bit and managed to achieve some way to configure the options from the advanced setup externally, actually in additional lua file. I'm attaching the file that need to be changed, and the new one, both need to be placed in .\assets\UI\FrontEnd
This works for both "Play now" and the default settings of the advanced setup.

Back up your original file if you use this :)
To change the settings just edit the start of the DefaultSetup.lua and restart the game. The starting part is pretty self-explanatory. You might want to make a shortcut to that file.

Hopefully this will save a lot of time and nerves to the people who like to regenerate advanced setup maps :)

Attachments

• lua.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 87
No, I don't mind, everyone feel free to include it wherever you want :) I'm also quite certain it can be enhanced quite a bit, if you have any ideas for improvement I may try to assist.

Stay tuned here, I'm going to implement a new version, in which I will try to add 2 new features:
1. automatic saving of settings, so no more manual editing of files
2. Proper starting of the game when the number of opponents is less than the map size default

Here is the new version, with the above features as promised.

Attachments

• Lua-1.0.1.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 91
Top Bottom